Poll

who's better?

Eminem
10 (41.7%)
Rakim
14 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Eminem vs Rakim  (Read 1538 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Eminem vs Rakim
« on: August 26, 2014, 07:22:10 PM »
who's better?

doggfather

Re: Eminem vs Rakim
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 12:39:18 AM »
rakim to me
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Will_B

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 01:30:03 AM »

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 08:22:49 AM »
I basically grew up on Eminem's first 3 albums and didn't hear much Rakim outside of whatever I saw on a BET Top 25 countdown in my younger days, I'll admit that

but being older now I actually prefer Rakim's delivery/vocals over Em's but let's not act like Eminem isn't cut from the same cloth and his discography isn't up there with if not better than Rakim's

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 09:48:50 AM »
Eminent might be a top 5 rapper of all time. But to me Rakim is a top 3 rapper no question. But it's like asking who's better, Bill Russell or Michael Jordan, or Babe Ruth or Willie Mayes, or Otto Graham or Joe Montana. You are not wrong with an answer, but I put Rakim as a better rapper to me.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 01:24:36 PM »
Only NY got 30 rappers better than him..without count West Coast,Midwest and The South..

Rakim,Daddy Kane,Jay-Z,Nas,LL Cool J,Buckshot,A.G,Guru,Treach,AZ,Big L,Jada,O.C, Grand Puba,Eric Sermon,Sadat X,Ghost,Meth,The Chief,Redman ..AND THE LIST GOES!

without count West Coast,Midwest and The South..

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 05:42:35 PM »
Jay-Z, Treach, O.C, Grand Puba,Eric Sermon,Sadat X ..AND THE LIST GOES!

I'd say none of these dudes can see Eminem

Jay-Z has a superior catalog though

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 07:12:14 PM »
Eminent might be a top 5 rapper of all time. But to me Rakim is a top 3 rapper no question. But it's like asking who's better, Bill Russell or Michael Jordan, or Babe Ruth or Willie Mayes, or Otto Graham or Joe Montana. You are not wrong with an answer, but I put Rakim as a better rapper to me.

Babe Ruth and Joe Montana easily

Russell or MJ is tough though.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 09:01:10 PM »

Babe Ruth and Joe Montana easily

Russell or MJ is tough though.

I had pages arguing with Shallow about that. I said Montana, he said Unitas, and I showed him how Otto Graham was a better old school QB than Unitas, which statistically is true and since not much footage exist from that era then that's all we have. Still, I still say Montana. All I did by introducing Graham was give him another person he put over Montana... LMAO

Ruth, Willie Mayes, Ruth was a better power hitter, Mayes was a better athlete. Plus Mayes played in the post integration, pre-steroid era of baseball, the golden era of professional baseball. But really it's all opinion.

These are arguments we can have for days and days. Which is why I put them up with Rakim vs. Eminem. Ten years ago I would have had a hard time putting anyone up there with Rakim. But now that the 2000's era is over, and you can put those rappers in the all time list, you really have to look at Eminem as a top 5 rapper. Then that adjust where you put Rakim. Especially because I now put Nas in the GOAT spot after his amazing 2000's, which gave him the best catalog in rap history, IMO. Sadly, because 2Pac and Biggie died, they couldn't add to their greatness, so 'Pac will forever be at 3 classics and some very good albums, and Biggie will forever be at 2 classics. Nas  though, he has 4 albums I'd consider classics, Illmatic, Stillmatic, Hip-Hop is Dead and Untitled. Those are true, game changing albums which defined their eras. Hip-Hop is Dead actually named a whole Hip-Hop era because it was what everyone was feeling. Out of Nas's 10 albums, only one of them is a bad one.

So with Nas taking that GOAT spot, then where does that leave Rakim? And when you add Eminem? Eminem is the highest selling rapper in the world, which was 2Pac's claim to being in the top 3 for so long. So if Eminem over took 2Pac, then where does that leave 2Pac? I still put 2Pac over Eminem by way of influence, impact and basically being a demigod to rap fans. But is that legitimate anymore when Eminem has outsold 2Pac?

Lucifuge

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 12:00:21 AM »
Rakim last dope vers vas in 99 or some shit like that.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 06:58:30 AM »
Rakim last dope vers vas in 99 or some shit like that.

Actually I'd say 2002. But his first dope verse was 1985 or some shit like that.

sofdark

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 07:02:09 AM »
It's like comparing Dr. J and Michael Jordan. They had their peak in different era.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 09:31:44 AM »
It's like comparing Dr. J and Michael Jordan. They had their peak in different era.

Exactly.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 09:48:14 PM »

Exactly.

but we all know MJ > dr j

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 12:17:16 AM »
Eminem is better but once again, what are we comparing? Rakim is from another era. He was a pioneer. Eminem is still in the mix. Em learned from Rakim. The game has evolved. They can't be compared.

MJ is better than Russell too. But also way different era's and even position players.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"