Poll

who's better?

Eminem
10 (41.7%)
Rakim
14 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Eminem vs Rakim  (Read 1537 times)

Sccit

Re: Eminem vs Rakim
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 01:44:56 PM »
rakim is the better lyricist, eminem had better range in his music. overall, a classic em album is more entertaining than a classic rakim album, but like others already said, they're interchangeable, as is the story with most greats.

Will_B

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 02:03:38 PM »
rakim is the better lyricist, eminem had better range in his music. overall, a classic em album is more entertaining than a classic rakim album, but like others already said, they're interchangeable, as is the story with most greats.

:grumpy:
18th letter > Ems entire solo discography

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 02:09:58 PM »
^here comes will to put the tent in pretentious................. considering you've ranked your share of classic albums a 7/10, i'll go out on a limb and say thanks, but no thanks.

sslp and mmlp are classic albums which could measure up with any rap album ever made.

do me a favor and rank those three albums, will ya?..for shits and giggles

Will_B

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 02:18:46 PM »
sslp and mmlp are classic albums which could measure up with any rap album ever made.

But no

aerroc

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 02:58:40 PM »
i go with Rakim
em is good but way overrated thanks to white people
as time went by em just got worse and worse

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 04:24:35 PM »

But no

you need to stop sounding like u talk with your eyes closed, brodie...

seriously, rank the albums or dont bother replyin

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 05:22:44 PM »

:grumpy:
18th letter > Ems entire solo discography
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Will_B

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 10:23:29 PM »

But no

18th Letter > SSLP = MMLP

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 10:51:58 PM »
Really, I own 18th Letter. I play that album a lot in college. I never got that, "OMG, this dude is amazing" feel from it. Eric B. and Rakim, yes, each album made me feel like Rakim was fucking amazing. But 18th Letter? Really? I mean Rakim was good on it, but the whole feel of the album just didn't blow me out the water or anything like that.

Will_B

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2014, 11:52:40 PM »
Really, I own 18th Letter. I play that album a lot in college. I never got that, "OMG, this dude is amazing" feel from it. Eric B. and Rakim, yes, each album made me feel like Rakim was fucking amazing. But 18th Letter? Really? I mean Rakim was good on it, but the whole feel of the album just didn't blow me out the water or anything like that.

Personal taste but for me his penmanship on that album is amazing. Em has it at times like on Stan but his 'my mommas on your lips' type lyrics (most of it) just basic ish. As an MC, song conceps, production etc Ems albums are amazing but content is not there

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 01:55:04 AM »

But no

18th Letter > SSLP = MMLP

this is coming from someone who doesnt think eminem has classic albums, am i wrong? as long as you understand that you're in the minority on that one.

Will_B

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 05:32:24 AM »
Classic West, personal classics, classic Aftermath etc etc doesn't = all time classics no

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 08:34:51 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I personally have Rakim over Eminem as a rapper. We are not debating Rakim> Eminem. But to put down Eminem just reeks of trolling. Straight up, Eminem is on of the greatest, most complete rappers of all time. You being so dismissive of him really hurts your argument. I mean no content? Really? Not even White America, or Sing for the Moment, or Toy Soldier?

Will_B

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2014, 09:29:04 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I personally have Rakim over Eminem as a rapper. We are not debating Rakim> Eminem. But to put down Eminem just reeks of trolling. Straight up, Eminem is on of the greatest, most complete rappers of all time. You being so dismissive of him really hurts your argument. I mean no content? Really? Not even White America, or Sing for the Moment, or Toy Soldier?

None of the songs you listed are on SSLP or MMLP

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2014, 12:50:38 PM »
Classic West, personal classics, classic Aftermath etc etc doesn't = all time classics no

well, it's not any of those...them albums are considered consensus hip-hop classics. if your pretentious mind disagrees, all good. but please dont preach your minority opinion as gospel.