Author Topic: DJ Quik Interview About: His New Album, Gang Members At Death Row & More  (Read 1030 times)

LarsVerb

• 'G'
Last part of my interview with DJ Quik. In this part we are talking about:
-Gang Members At Death Row
-Why Did He Leave Death Row?
-His New Album
-Dre's Detox

I hope everyone will enjoy this last part and enjoyed the whole interview!

Link:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:11:48 AM by LarsVerb »

DeeezNuuuts83

It's funny how he said that the Mob was more about hustling.  They put in a ton of work, and even started going at it with other local Piru sets.  I think they started crossing out CBP, CAP, LPP and maybe one or two more in their tags.

But at the same time, it's not like Quik is really friends with any of them anyway, since he's dissed some of them in interviews, specifically Suge and then Travon Lane, who he blamed for Pac getting killed.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
which unauthorized video is he talkin about?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

LarsVerb

• 'G'

B.A.

I'm looking forward to his new album, sounds like it could be on some classic/vintage Quik shit (that is still my favorite type of Quik to listen to). Not too sure if I would want some one else to oversee his new album though, he said it's like his autobiography and he's not going to have many features, seems like he wants it to be more him and less other artists so it's an odd decision to have some one over see the whole thing especially when he has already put out so much classic material; I don't thnik he needs help deciding what is good and what is not. I do wish Snoop would have someone oversee his music and and say "hell no" to the bullshit he puts out sometimes but that's a different story.

On a side note, it's funny how Quik is mad at Dada for recording the video and putting it out but it's "Doggisode", Snoop put out several of those (it wasn't the first and I don't think it was the last), that's Snoops's shit and his call to have everyone in the studio and to have Dada there recording as well. Quik said it himself, "Snoop Dogg called us up there to throw some shit together to impress Dre, this was Snoop Dogg's great idea" but Quik don't say shit about being mad at Snoop for it even though he set it up. He did say "at the time I'd do anything for Snoop", and he also didn't say anything about Snoop featuring when he was asked about working with Dre and Snoop on his new album, all he said was that Dre is too busy for anyone; I wonder if Quik and Snoop are as cool as they were before? I bet if they would have came up with some dope shit that Dre would have used and Detox would have came out and everyone would have had their 15 minutes of fame for being a part of another west coast classic from Dre (you know, the shit that everyone would be talking about for the next decade), Quik probably wouldn't have been so negative about the whole thing, he'd probably say "yeah we were all just having fun in the studio creating classic music, we had a great time". But nothing happened, shit didn't go nowhere, what Dada did capture on video was the fact that some of the best to have ever done it on the west coast came together and what ever they did, for whatever reason, wasn't good enough for Dre to want to proceed with his album and that made them all look like they fell short; make up or no make up, good lighting or no lighting, that's what it was. And that sucks because I would have loved to hear Dexot with production from Battlecat, Quik and Pooh (shit was too good to be true). I just think it's kinda funny how he basically hates Dada for it all.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:56:30 PM by B.A. »
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

papa-smurf

dj quik give some of the best interviews.he always speak his mind & keep it real.

LarsVerb

• 'G'
dj quik give some of the best interviews.he always speak his mind & keep it real.

Yea I agree, he always have something interesting to say

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher

He always speaks his mind, it's a pity that his mind changes so much tho.

dnjp4life

Why is Quik catching feelings over the videos of him in the studio for the Detox sessions?  He's so angry about DaDa filiming it in this interview that you would think someone took pictures of his children and put them on the internet. 
Is it not reasonable to expect that when you have Quik, Snoop, Battlecat, The D.O.C, Snoop Dogg, RBX, DJ Pooh, Warren G and 1500 or Nothin all cooped up in a studio that the person holding a video camera is going to upload it to the internet because a ton of people will want to see what went down?  Besides, some of the beats in the video (especially Quik's one), sounded great, and even if they didn't end up on Detox, they could most definitely be used on other artists' albums.
I suppose it just goes to show you how serious DJ Quik is about his craft, that he is secretive and doesn't like people to hear his beats in their unfinished stages for fear of undue criticism or maybe other producers stealing his ideas.  A bit like Dr. Dre I guess in that respect.
For all that I am still looking forward to hearing Quik's new album; I recall that someone posted a picture up showing that it was finished and had been mastered at Bernie Grundman's studio ready for release.  But Quik is saying that it ain't finished yet so I guess we'll have to wait a little while yet...

Quik didn't seem that arsed about the artistry, he was complaining more about light and makeup if you listen to the interview. He kept on going back to those points so I'd assume its more a visual than auditory thing.

LarsVerb

• 'G'
Re: DJ Quik Interview About: His New Album, Gang Members At Death Row & More
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 07:26:36 AM »
Why is Quik catching feelings over the videos of him in the studio for the Detox sessions?  He's so angry about DaDa filiming it in this interview that you would think someone took pictures of his children and put them on the internet. 
Is it not reasonable to expect that when you have Quik, Snoop, Battlecat, The D.O.C, Snoop Dogg, RBX, DJ Pooh, Warren G and 1500 or Nothin all cooped up in a studio that the person holding a video camera is going to upload it to the internet because a ton of people will want to see what went down?  Besides, some of the beats in the video (especially Quik's one), sounded great, and even if they didn't end up on Detox, they could most definitely be used on other artists' albums.
I suppose it just goes to show you how serious DJ Quik is about his craft, that he is secretive and doesn't like people to hear his beats in their unfinished stages for fear of undue criticism or maybe other producers stealing his ideas.  A bit like Dr. Dre I guess in that respect.
For all that I am still looking forward to hearing Quik's new album; I recall that someone posted a picture up showing that it was finished and had been mastered at Bernie Grundman's studio ready for release.  But Quik is saying that it ain't finished yet so I guess we'll have to wait a little while yet...

Quik is a perfectionist, he only want the best stuff and don't like when people hear non finished beat and see him in his private home (the studio)

abusive

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 09:53:11 AM »
Ok Quik we get it. You wasn't feeling the footage. He went on and on about it so much I was just expecting him to start making death threats against the guy.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

David Gutterman

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 07:00:46 AM »
Dope interview! thanx dude

LarsVerb

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 02:17:09 AM »
Dope interview! thanx dude

Thanks glad you like it! :)