Author Topic: Cormega - Mega Philosophy (2014) (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1252 times)

Blood$

Re: Cormega - Mega Philosophy (2014) (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 05:16:02 PM »
don't ever put Project Pat in the same class as those clowns lol

all in your feelings just because a simple flaw was pointed out in the album, it's still a good album nobody's shitting on it

EDIT: XXL has the most on point review so far
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:18:12 PM by Blood$ »

bouli77

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 03:46:05 AM »
the songs are too short and the production is overall a bit underwhelming.

edit : the female vocals are pretty annoying, that's too bad cause the songs are otherwise dope

With Project Pat in your avatar GTFOH LOL. You cats that don't listen to the lyrics in a song expose yourselves when you say bull shit like I don't like the chorus. You want some goofy ass hook you can sing all day long go listen to one of those retards like Lil B or Gucci Mane. This is how Hip Hop was meant to be. Dope inspiring well thought out lyrics that actually mean something over head nodding thumping beats. Its a simple formula. If you dont like it you just not as much of a rap fan as you think you are.

that's not bullshit, i'm not saying i don't like it when there's no chorus but in that instance the female vocals are weak and cheapen the tracks it would have been better with a rapped hook or no chorus at all ala Industry or Rap Basquiat and the song with Raekwon, as I said Mega's on point but it's a bit frustrating to hear a 10 track album full of 2 minute long songs, there's even a track where he only raps like 8 bars (with Black Rob), so that's why I'm a bit disappointed overall especially considering how rare a raekwon release is, it doesn't mean the album is complete shit, it's still cool to hear mega spit dope verses, but i was expecting more coming from him, it seems like a lazy effort to me especially knowing mega's prowess.

as for Project Pat that's not the same type of rap music, you don't listen to Pat for the lyrical prowess, rather for the vibe and the finished product overall. just cause you enjoy Project Pat's music and have him as your avatar doesn't mean you're not entitled to your opinion, good or bad, about more respected rappers.

Blood$

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 12:08:21 PM »
preach... tell these over-sensative, close minded, fragile asses lol

I like Project Pat like I like Nas

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 02:08:03 PM »
You listen to him for vibe? Sound like a nice way of sayin he fuckin sucks. Which he does. Alot. Im sorry I cant take anyone sayin this album has problems seriously when they can sit thru a fuckin Project Pat song and really enjoy it. In reality hes a low budget Memphis E-40 knock off only minus the ridiculous raw rap skills 40 has.

Please post a decent Project Pat verse to convince me hes not a fuckin piece of garbage and I might be compelled to take you seriously Bloodmoney.

Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2014, 04:04:55 PM »
You listen to him for vibe? Sound like a nice way of sayin he fuckin sucks. Which he does. Alot. Im sorry I cant take anyone sayin this album has problems seriously when they can sit thru a fuckin Project Pat song and really enjoy it. In reality hes a low budget Memphis E-40 knock off only minus the ridiculous raw rap skills 40 has.

Please post a decent Project Pat verse to convince me hes not a fuckin piece of garbage and I might be compelled to take you seriously Bloodmoney.

+1
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Invincible

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 09:31:02 PM »
Industry (Juice Crew Remix)

https://soundcloud.com/respect-magazine/premiere-cormega-feat-craig-g

Dope shit.

Oh, the album is nice. There was no particular standout moment from it but it's consistent. Would of been alot better if it was longer. Far too short.

Blood$

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2014, 11:58:54 PM »

Project Pat is cool to jam a few songs out but I haven't given a front to back listen of any of his albums in awhile

as far as verses of his go peep "Life We Live" and of course the classic "Poppin My Collar"

you too fragile though bruh, rambling about Project Pat in a Cormega thread because one little flaw gets pointed out  :laugh:

Blood$

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2014, 11:59:38 PM »
There was no particular standout moment from it but it's consistent. Would of been alot better if it was longer. Far too short.

be careful with your words in here bro  8)

Remedy360

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2014, 12:05:25 AM »
You listen to him for vibe? Sound like a nice way of sayin he fuckin sucks.

I disagree. I'm not a fan of Pat personally but not everyone you listen to has to be on some next level lyrical shit just to enjoy. Some music just sounds good, that's all dude was saying.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2014, 12:45:47 PM »
You know you're in denial when you have to go comparing artists to defend your own. But leave it to the two best friends who live a couple blocks from each other on this site to get all aggravated.

You fuck niggas are obsessed with T.I. in a terrifyingly, passionate homosexual manner. Like to the point I'm convinced one of you babysits for him, but you're going to call out people for Project Pat? GTFO lmao.

Cool album from Mega, 8/10.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2014, 07:48:06 PM »
how are ya'll gonna hate on Project Pat??  dude's been rapping since 1991 and droppin dope songs like this:

David Gutterman

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2014, 06:47:14 AM »
This shit is Dope! dont know much about Cormega, but this shit is DOPE!