Poll

Pick one.

The 18th Letter
The Master
The Seventh Seal

Author Topic: Best Rakim solo without Eric B?  (Read 315 times)

Blood$

Best Rakim solo without Eric B?
« on: August 25, 2014, 03:47:15 PM »
Paid In Full would obviously be the most popular pick had I included his first 4 joints with Eric B so let's leave all that out

I'd say The 18th Letter, The Seventh Seal, The Master (had some of his strongest joints but wasn't as good sonically as the other 2) IMO

btw can't believe it's been 5 years since he's dropped an album smh

Remedy360

Re: Best Rakim solo without Eric B?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 09:11:07 PM »
18th letter by far.

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 12:54:35 AM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Invincible

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 06:47:09 AM »
18th letter by far.

It's not even close.

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 09:50:22 AM »
18th letter by far.

It's not even close.

does that mean y'all don't fuck with his other 2?

18th Letter is a solid 4/5 for me, definitely not a classic but The Seventh Seal was pretty under-rated especially for the time that it dropped

Remedy360

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 07:36:20 PM »
18th letter by far.

It's not even close.

18th Letter is a solid 4/5 for me, definitely not a classic but The Seventh Seal was pretty under-rated especially for the time that it dropped

I fuck with the other 2, both have some nice songs but just aren't on the same level as 18th letter. I agree that the Seventh Seal got a little too much hate, it was just a huge letdown compared to what we expect from Rakim. He was solid on it, the production was just pretty lackluster.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 08:21:35 PM »
18th Letter. Thought OP was asking for best solo track without Eric B.  That would have been tougher.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 10:36:19 PM »
18th letter by far.

It's not even close.

I fuck with the other 2, both have some nice songs but just aren't on the same level as 18th letter. I agree that the Seventh Seal got a little too much hate, it was just a huge letdown compared to what we expect from Rakim. He was solid on it, the production was just pretty lackluster.

yeah I wasn't crazy on the production but it was straight... "Walk These Streets" I still bump

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.