Poll

Doggfather minus LBCCrew tracks vs. Haven't You Heard + Doggfather LBCCrew trks

Doggfather minus LBC Crew tracks
2 (50%)
Haven't You Heard plus LBCCrew Doggather tracks
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Doggfather minus LBCCrew tracks vs. Haven't You Heard + Doggfather LBCCrew trks  (Read 637 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I'm just trying to prove that Snoop fell out of his prime after beating his murder case and growing tired of gangsta rap + plus East/West war... and that the only thing that carried the Doggfather album was earlier tracks he'd recorded with the LBC Crew that saved the album.  Think about it, most of the best tracks on Doggfather were LBC Crew assisted.  Take these tracks off the Doggfather...

8.  "Gold Rush"  LBC Crew
9.  "Wake Up"  Tray Dee assisted
17.  "Blueberry"  LBC Crew
21.  "Downtown Assasin" Tray Dee assisted

also add "Beware of My Crew" off of thin line between love and hate

...add those songs now to the already finished and slammin LBC Crew album Haven't You Heard.  Rather than just making money off of Snoop's name it would've been better to release the higher quality LBC Crew album.  
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jimmy H.

Those weren't the best tracks off "Doggfather".  Snoop still had the talent in 1996-97.  He just didn't have the direction. The timing on the album didn't work out in his favor either.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Those weren't the best tracks off "Doggfather".  Snoop still had the talent in 1996-97.  He just didn't have the direction. The timing on the album didn't work out in his favor either.

Snoop fell off after his beating his murder case.  He even says in his MTV interview after his acquittal that he didn't feel like making gangsta rap anymore—then the album opens up with "this is for ya'll that said gangsta rap was dead, fuck ya'll".. so it was clear he was being forced to make gangsta music even though he wasn't feelin it any more.

Snoop's career can be divided into 5 parts...

1.  His Prime - from "Deep Cover" till he was aquitted for murder in spring/summer 96

2.  When he fell off  -  From Doggfather all the way thru Tha Game album

3.  Resurrection/West Coast resergence -  From Top Dogg up through the second Eastsidaz album

4.  Low period again when he was fucking with Pharell

5.  Icon/Celebrity...now he made a nice comeback with the Snoop Lion album and he is kind of more of an icon/celebrity these days.  

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:56:51 PM by The Last Dayz of... Infinite »

GangstaBoogy

Ehh he fell of temporarily. Similar to when T.I. caught those gun charges and suddenly started making all those "Live Your Life" / "Dead & Gone" type songs, they had just went through a lot and didn't have the frame of mind to make aggressive gangsta shit (T.I.) or partying and pimpin music (Snoop).

Then to make matters worse Snoop went to No Limit and attempted to fit in and gave us a frisbee of an album.

BUT!

After that he gave us No Limit Top Dogg, Tha Last Meal, Tha Eastsidaz album, the Bones Soundtrack, The Wash, Doggystyle All-Stars, even Paid the Cost was nice (treat yourself and break out the unreleased tracks from that album too). So your arguement is flawed because while he did indeed "fall off" for 2 albums; he went on a GREAT run and released some of the best music of his career shortly after. 1999-2003 Snoop was a beast.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ehh he fell of temporarily. Similar to when T.I. caught those gun charges and suddenly started making all those "Live Your Life" / "Dead & Gone" type songs, they had just went through a lot and didn't have the frame of mind to make aggressive gangsta shit (T.I.) or partying and pimpin music (Snoop).

Then to make matters worse Snoop went to No Limit and attempted to fit in and gave us a frisbee of an album.

BUT!

After that he gave us No Limit Top Dogg, Tha Last Meal, Tha Eastsidaz album, the Bones Soundtrack, The Wash, Doggystyle All-Stars, even Paid the Cost was nice (treat yourself and break out the unreleased tracks from that album too). So your arguement is flawed because while he did indeed "fall off" for 2 albums; he went on a GREAT run and released some of the best music of his career shortly after. 1999-2003 Snoop was a beast.

Can you read ficca??  that's exactly what the fucc I said in my post above (only with a minor difference being I say he fell off again when he started fucking with Pharell and you liked the Paid the Cost album)

Jimmy H.

Thanks for Infinite for missing the point as always. Allow me to reiterate for the cheap seats.  He still had it in 1996 but there wasn't a cohesive environment for him to make great music. When Doggystyle dropped, he had the greatest team behind him that he could and the entire focus of that label was in making his project work.  In 1996, it was a house divided.

bouli77

I tend to agree with Infinite on this one, Snoop didn't have the hunger he needed to make an album in 96. There aren't many memorable verses from Snoop on Tha Doggfather, I would say he only stands out on O.J. (Al Davis ? No nigga Tracey Davis, the Eastside Long Beach Bravest, lol, I love that line), Up Jump Tha Boogie, Doggfather, 2001, and Snoops Upside Ya Head, and he's not even on his A Game on those tracks. To make things worse, the mixing was subpar on Tha Doggfather and Snoop's voice was too low.

Snoop really got outshined on Tha Doggfather, and multiple times, especially by Kurupt (Up Jump Tha Boogie, Gold Rush). The LBC Crew were in their prime and Gold Rush and Blueberry are among my favorite tracks of the album. Sometimes Snoop just drops a quick verse which makes it sound like it's not even his song (Groupie).

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I tend to agree with Infinite on this one, Snoop didn't have the hunger he needed to make an album in 96. There aren't many memorable verses from Snoop on Tha Doggfather, I would say he only stands out on O.J. (Al Davis ? No nigga Tracey Davis, the Eastside Long Beach Bravest, lol, I love that line), Up Jump Tha Boogie, Doggfather, 2001, and Snoops Upside Ya Head, and he's not even on his A Game on those tracks. To make things worse, the mixing was subpar on Tha Doggfather and Snoop's voice was too low.

Snoop really got outshined on Tha Doggfather, and multiple times, especially by Kurupt (Up Jump Tha Boogie, Gold Rush). The LBC Crew were in their prime and Gold Rush and Blueberry are among my favorite tracks of the album. Sometimes Snoop just drops a quick verse which makes it sound like it's not even his song (Groupie).

good post...

yeah, Kurupt was still on fire in those days and he definitely stole the on more than one occasion on the Doggfather album

KrazySumwhat

Tough call to compare the two albums but IMO the best tracks on Tha Dogg fatha are ;
up jump tha boogie
snoop bounce
vapours
sixx minutes
doggy land.
(of course tracks like blue berry and wake up are right up there also).
 So yeah most my faves from the album are solo's.

Funny how when this album came out it was so strange/different and disappointing but then i grew to love it and now consider it pretty much classic and its one of my fave Snoop albums.

WestSideDon

Those weren't the best tracks off "Doggfather".  Snoop still had the talent in 1996-97.  He just didn't have the direction. The timing on the album didn't work out in his favor either.

Snoop fell off after his beating his murder case.  He even says in his MTV interview after his acquittal that he didn't feel like making gangsta rap anymore—then the album opens up with "this is for ya'll that said gangsta rap was dead, fuck ya'll".. so it was clear he was being forced to make gangsta music even though he wasn't feelin it any more.

Snoop's career can be divided into 5 parts...

1.  His Prime - from "Deep Cover" till he was aquitted for murder in spring/summer 96

2.  When he fell off  -  From Doggfather all the way thru Tha Game album

3.  Resurrection/West Coast resergence -  From Top Dogg up through the second Eastsidaz album

4.  Low period again when he was fucking with Pharell

5.  Icon/Celebrity...now he made a nice comeback with the Snoop Lion album and he is kind of more of an icon/celebrity these days.  

I have a bit of a problem with your argument about him falling off during the doggfather time. Techinically he didn't really fall off, because during the doggfather sessions he made some absolutely dope songs which somehow didn't end up on the album, but instead some filler songs were included on the album. I've read an interview or something a long time ago were snoop said that he also made 1 or 2 songs during the doggystyle sessions which he didn't consider good enough to be straight 5/5 songs and so they weren't included. So there was a quality control during the sessions for doggystyle, where everything not 5/5 wasn't included. On Doggfather there seemingly wasn't that much of quality control due to Dr. Dre not beeing there anymore and snoop beeing clearly unmotivated most of the time. So it's just the selection of tracks that make it seems like a fall off, because of you added some of the songs they recorded to the bunch of dope songs that were on the released version of doggfather and cut all the fillers, you wouldve had a second dope album. Bun instead some of the weakest songs that were made when snoop had zero motivation the booth were just thrown on the album to finally release it.

PS:
Don't forget snoops time before death row when he was making underground tapes and songs. They are all absolutely dope also.  8)

HighEyeCue

I don't think Snoop fell off with Pharell, they some nice tracks together some of Snoop's biggest hits...as for Doggfather I agree that Snoop still had it in him, he made alot of dope tracks that didn't make the album to go with the wack ones that were on it

bouli77

I don't think Snoop fell off with Pharell, they some nice tracks together some of Snoop's biggest hits...

cosign

WestSideDon

I don't think Snoop fell off with Pharell, they some nice tracks together some of Snoop's biggest hits...as for Doggfather I agree that Snoop still had it in him, he made alot of dope tracks that didn't make the album to go with the wack ones that were on it

Aside from the hits he made with snoop they also did one of the most underrated songs on R&G "Pass It, Pass It"  8)

Hack Wilson - real

pharrell is gay without snoop lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Tough call to compare the two albums but IMO the best tracks on Tha Dogg fatha are ;
up jump tha boogie
snoop bounce
vapours
sixx minutes
doggy land.
(of course tracks like blue berry and wake up are right up there also).
 So yeah most my faves from the album are solo's.

Funny how when this album came out it was so strange/different and disappointing but then i grew to love it and now consider it pretty much classic and its one of my fave Snoop albums.

Probably because you weren't really into hip-hop at the time Doggystyle came out.  Because any O.G. like myself or MDogg that was old enough to remember when Doggystyle came out knows how devastating it was to West Coast/Death Row/and hip-hop in general when Snoop failed to deliver  with Doggfather and ran into the Sophmore Slump/jinx