Author Topic: Why are........  (Read 154 times)

pappy

Why are........
« on: April 02, 2003, 07:39:33 PM »
people who are for the war brain washed.  But people who are anti war even if they have no knowledge on the war arent called brain washed

Woodrow

Re:Why are........
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 09:34:03 PM »
Good point.

Typical anit-war lines:

1. Anything that sheds the war in a positive light, from Iraqis welcoming troops, to scientific polls (the same polls that have shown lesser support for the war in previous months, btw) showing that 7/10 Americans currently support the war, is propaganda.

2. Anyone who is for the war is apathetic and/or uneducated.

3. Our anti-war stance has nothing to do with our deep hatred of Bush and anything Republican.

4. The protests are not organized by rich organizations backed by political agendas that have absolutely NOTHING to do with Iraq, such as the furtherance of the Communist cause.

5. The protests are purely a grass-roots movement; nevermind that they can cost as much as $200,000 EACH for equipment, toilets, food, water, etc.

6. Barbra Streisand, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, Julia Roberts, Sean Penn, Mike Farrell and Janeane Garofelo never completed anything beyond high school graduation, but they know more about geopolicital strategy and diplomacy than Bush's Yale, Harvard, Princeton and Notre Dame educated cabinet.

7. It is because of these views and because of violence and stupidity excercised by many of our fellow protestors that the anti-war "movement" in this country was DOA and most Americans consider us batshiat crazy cowards with too much time on our hands.  

DOC. da G.P.T...[METS][REX/MaB]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Jubai Kibagamai
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 10:59:38 PM »
Simple would you go to war n kill yourself or other people because of some1 else's beef...... no....you have to get brainwashed n have a reason....

but that might not be true sometimes......you might wanna go to war cuz somethin' that you love is in danger like your family,country n etc..

somethin' like that..it's like 2 in the mornin' n i can't think staright....

hope that helped ya
 ;)
MC Mass, rep.in' Great Persia and the T Dot Squad:

Docky
Prince Tech
till the day when skies turn black and red water covers the lake/
Great King Kourosh sleep well, cuz all of us IRANIANS are still awake/

pappy

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 11:11:58 PM »
Simple would you go to war n kill yourself or other people because of some1 else's beef...... no....you have to get brainwashed n have a reason....

but that might not be true sometimes......you might wanna go to war cuz somethin' that you love is in danger like your family,country n etc..

somethin' like that..it's like 2 in the mornin' n i can't think staright....

hope that helped ya
 ;)
but what happens if  ur are for the war with iraq an u have valid reason if why u are  for it why do anti war peeps insist your a brain washed fool.  me personally i think it works both ways.  I think most of these anti war people are brain washed sheeps just like those naive brain washed americans

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 12:02:51 AM »
but what happens if  ur are for the war with iraq an u have valid reason if why u are  for it why do anti war peeps insist your a brain washed fool.  me personally i think it works both ways.  I think most of these anti war people are brain washed sheeps just like those naive brain washed americans

i wouldnt call myself "anti war", because theres a reason for war sumtimes. We just dont happen to have one right now. Brainwashed, has nothing to do with whether you are FOR or AGAINST war. Its about the number of people on here, who cant seem to see things from ANYONE elses point of view...because they form their point of view based what they see on CNN. I mean cmon, how close-minded and ignorant is to believe..that everything our government does is right, and everything that another governemt does, is wrong. To believe that, any person, or country who doesnt agree with us...is evil. lol Thats the mindset of an 8 yr old. And for some reason, the mindset of a lot of people on this board. Those are the "sheep". Maybe one day theyll learn to see things from different perspectives, and realize...there is more then one way to see things. I mean, how do u live in this country, study its history, and STILL believe that our government couldnt do anything that ISNT in the best interest of people? Ignorance is Bliss i guess...and theres alot of Blissful muthafuckaz on here lol

Kaidy

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2003, 05:25:05 AM »
Ignorance is Bliss i guess...and theres alot of Blissful muthafuckaz on here lol

Took the words right out my mouth homie.

It's hard for me to answer this Q without sounding condescending, because like I say there are some people who think this war is right and argue their case well, so I can respect that. But on the whole I see a definite correlation with being pro-war and being ignorant/unaware of facts. Few things that I've noticed...

1) I think a lot of people are quite happy to let the government think for them. Since democratic governments are installed to speak for the people, I think a lot of people get mentally lazy and any difficult decisions the government makes are okay by them. Unfortunately this mentality makes them prone to easy-influence. Challenging the government is an idea that certain people think is unnecessary and uncalled for, because it requires effort and a critical mind. Also, finding out your government is lying to you is a horrible thing to find out and can lead to frustration and unhappiness, which I'm sure a lot of people don't want. So they roll with the tide.

2) I see a lot (not all) of the anti war people, in here especially, as more intelligent because they often use historical facts to back up their claims, and things that would have required research and learning. A LOT of warhawks (again, not all) are quite the opposite, they post articles other people have written; they ignore facts that shows the US govt has been corrupt in the past; they lower themselves to name calling. In short, they're not thinking intelligently for themselves.

I could go on, but you're probably all bored by now, hope that made sense.  ;)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2003, 02:43:58 PM »
2) I see a lot (not all) of the anti war people, in here especially, as more intelligent because they often use historical facts to back up their claims, and things that would have required research and learning. A LOT of warhawks (again, not all) are quite the opposite, they post articles other people have written; they ignore facts that shows the US govt has been corrupt in the past; they lower themselves to name calling. In short, they're not thinking intelligently for themselves.

lol true shit...