Author Topic: Snoop Dogg & Tha Dogg Pound - That's My Work 5: DPGC Music (Untagged now)  (Read 2609 times)

WestSideDon

Re: Snoop Dogg & Tha Dogg Pound - That's My Work 5: DPGC Music
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2014, 01:04:36 PM »
Listened to it yesterday and I'm not that impressed. There are some okay songs but there are songs where the beat or the rappers, or even both are lacking. Especially Kurupt seems finished, Daz is still screaming too much and Snoop is just okay most of the time, theres no song such as "Feel Like Heaven" on Vol 3 where hes really on fire. Speaking of that track, theres also no beat that can quite touch this one song. They should just rap over the right beats, I'm sure this would bring out the best of them. Leave that southern/Club production and the Auto Tune alone, thats not their thing. Will still listen through the Tape a couple of Times maybe it grows on me...

Smoke

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 02:18:20 PM »
Think I Love You: i'm sure it's Battlecat 100%

Thats my guess to but what makes you 100% sure?

You be able to think about Cat from the sounds of the production. During the beat, it starts a synth typicall from Bc style. I'm sure the beat was prod by him

doublee313

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2014, 05:40:47 PM »
As a few others said.  Kurupt is still doing his shitty bitch raps, Daz is screaming, and Snoop is smoked out.  The production is terrible, and this was a one time listen.  I'm starting to believe they just lost their edge for good now.

Desoto Loco

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • D.P.G. 4 Life! Y.A. Or Nuthin'!
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2014, 11:38:23 AM »
That's My Work 5: DPGC Music (Untagged) on iTunes
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/snoop-dogg-presents-thats/id935876643

That's My Work 5: DPGC Music (Untagged) on Amazon
www.amazon.com/Snoop-Dogg-Presents-Deluxe-Explicit/dp/B00P74YEPQ/

aerroc

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2014, 12:21:47 PM »
As a few others said.  Kurupt is still doing his shitty bitch raps, Daz is screaming, and Snoop is smoked out.  The production is terrible, and this was a one time listen.  I'm starting to believe they just lost their edge for good now.

what year do you think were in?
these fucks are old and been doing this for a hot min over time many lose there touch

aerroc

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2014, 12:23:52 PM »
Such a average mixtape. can't believe i'm saying this but they sound washed up. i think they need to stop featuring snoop.

they been washed up like a decade ago lol

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2014, 12:47:31 PM »
That's My Work 5: DPGC Music (Untagged) on iTunes
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/snoop-dogg-presents-thats/id935876643

That's My Work 5: DPGC Music (Untagged) on Amazon
www.amazon.com/Snoop-Dogg-Presents-Deluxe-Explicit/dp/B00P74YEPQ/

Too bad they didn't done it for Eastsidaz version too  :-\

WestSideDon

Re: Snoop Dogg & Tha Dogg Pound - That's My Work 5: DPGC Music (Untagged now)
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2014, 07:34:49 AM »
Been bumpin this tape a lot recently, and while it's still nothing amazing, there are a few pretty cool tracks. No absolute bangers but some nice songs nontheless. Standout songs for me include "Pressure" (Beat is very nice and snoops verse is very nice. Daz' verse is ok but kurupts verse is dissappointing), "In My Lifetime" (love Dam Funks sound  8), snoops verse is smooth is fuck, daz also comes correct, kurupts verse is the weakest again but it's not horrible), "Niggaz Oz On Me" (Beat is very nice, and both Kurupt & Daz come pretty cool), "Think I Love You" (chill as fuck, and good verses from both) "Get A Grip" (Snoops part is very nice, kurupts is weak and daz' verse is pretty good. A new daz verse is also the only new thing compared to the song on vol. 1), "Everybody Gettin High" (Very old school like beat, and nice verses), "Band Dat" (nice beat and good verses). I also like "U Neva Know" from time to time but it depends on the situation ^^ Rest of the songs are nothing special or already known songs.

WestSideDon

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2014, 07:24:45 AM »
Anyone here that also listened to it recently and willing to share a review ?  ;D

WestSideDon

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2014, 10:52:34 AM »
Anyone here that also listened to it recently and willing to share a review ?  ;D

And are there still no videos released for this ?
The last volumes all had a couple of videos....