Author Topic: Can anybody give me the breakdown on Lil C Style's career?  (Read 1835 times)

bouli77

Re: Can anybody give me the breakdown on Lil C Style's career?
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2014, 07:26:35 PM »
Swoop G and Snoop had beef dating back to 1995, as Swoop said, he "bruised his chin, at the video shoot for the Twinz" which by all accounts I have heard is true. Not sure what their beef was about, but Swoop was always a loose cannon and chances are he just lost it on Snoop over something. Swoop G IMO had the most talent out of all of the lesser known Dogg Pound members, maybe even more so than Bad Azz and Tray Deee. Swoop G's old material is some classic shit, he just happened to be blackballed after he got into it with Snoop. I also know that the beef between Swoop and Snoop was so strong that Swoop G and Daz got into repeated fist fights at the Death Row offices, so much to the point that they really never had them both their at the same time because it was always out of hand.

If you're from LB, and you have beef with Snoop, you're not going to last, period. As for Lil C-Style, he is NOT related to Big C-Style, but they are very close and I've seen them together in person several times over the years. As far as I know, Lil C-Style did have a falling out with Snoop in 96, got back with him in 97, recorded "Death Row Is Bitches", and then when Snoop went to No Limit, Lil C-Style began dissing him. Snoop had NOT signed with No Limit yet when he did "Death Row is Bitches."

Lil C-Style never fully elaborated on why he started dissing Snoop again in 98, but it probably has something to do with A) Snoop not really ever including him on projects, B) being very close with Swoop G over the years, and C) Death Row cutting him checks.

I also know Lil C-Style re-used the verse on "Easy to Be A Soldier" multiple times, but it was not a copy and paste. Words here and there are different, so he always re-recorded it. And "Fuck Dre" was definitely not a copy and paste, as they were all in the studio together when that track was made.

props, nice post

as for Swoop G, he's obviously talented but I wouldn't rate him as high as tray deee and bad azz. but he has a dope voice and a few classic guest appearances. his two albums are very good too. any info on that 2pac track with 2 Scoops from the dove shack btw ? world don't take me personally ? did they record it together or did he manage to get pac vocals and put him and scoop on the track ?

you're right about "you're not lasting" if you have beef with Snoop, just look at Daz when he had beef with Snoop. the only person to survive this career wise was Crooked I and that's cause he's so ridiculously good that he was able to branch out from strictly west coast gangsta shit.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2014, 07:34:44 PM »
Swoop G and Snoop had beef dating back to 1995, as Swoop said, he "bruised his chin, at the video shoot for the Twinz" which by all accounts I have heard is true. Not sure what their beef was about, but Swoop was always a loose cannon and chances are he just lost it on Snoop over something. Swoop G IMO had the most talent out of all of the lesser known Dogg Pound members, maybe even more so than Bad Azz and Tray Deee. Swoop G's old material is some classic shit, he just happened to be blackballed after he got into it with Snoop. I also know that the beef between Swoop and Snoop was so strong that Swoop G and Daz got into repeated fist fights at the Death Row offices, so much to the point that they really never had them both their at the same time because it was always out of hand.

If you're from LB, and you have beef with Snoop, you're not going to last, period. As for Lil C-Style, he is NOT related to Big C-Style, but they are very close and I've seen them together in person several times over the years. As far as I know, Lil C-Style did have a falling out with Snoop in 96, got back with him in 97, recorded "Death Row Is Bitches", and then when Snoop went to No Limit, Lil C-Style began dissing him. Snoop had NOT signed with No Limit yet when he did "Death Row is Bitches."

Lil C-Style never fully elaborated on why he started dissing Snoop again in 98, but it probably has something to do with A) Snoop not really ever including him on projects, B) being very close with Swoop G over the years, and C) Death Row cutting him checks.

I also know Lil C-Style re-used the verse on "Easy to Be A Soldier" multiple times, but it was not a copy and paste. Words here and there are different, so he always re-recorded it. And "Fuck Dre" was definitely not a copy and paste, as they were all in the studio together when that track was made.

props, nice post

as for Swoop G, he's obviously talented but I wouldn't rate him as high as tray deee and bad azz. but he has a dope voice and a few classic guest appearances. his two albums are very good too. any info on that 2pac track with 2 Scoops from the dove shack btw ? world don't take me personally ? did they record it together or did he manage to get pac vocals and put him and scoop on the track ?

you're right about "you're not lasting" if you have beef with Snoop, just look at Daz when he had beef with Snoop. the only person to survive this career wise was Crooked I and that's cause he's so ridiculously good that he was able to branch out from strictly west coast gangsta shit.

world don't take me personally was a remix

the original is called "Po Nigga Blues" and was made by 2pac and The Governor back in '92 or '93.  Gov ended up selling the acapella verses after Pac died and one of them wound up on the Swoop G track and the other on a 3x Krazy song (Gov was managing 3x Krazy at the time)

bouli77

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2014, 07:36:40 PM »
thanks for the info, hack, didn't know that. it makes sense since 3X Krazy and other bay artists were all over swoop's albums.

gaffled like that is one of my favorite pac collabos 8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2014, 12:46:06 AM »
Lil C-Style sucks. Dope voice but as someone already said, dude was pretty average at best.

You seriously haven't heard "C-Style Presents 19th Street LBC Compilation"? It's one of the best West Coast compilations of all times in my opinion.

lil c style was dope and the best member of the lbc crew next to tray deee.

Geez, leave it to this forum to overrate the fuck out of everything.

Please, name some better West Coast compilations. "Soul Assassins II" is probably my favorite West Coast compilation, but "19th Street LBC" comes close.

Luni Coleone Presents Anger Management shits all over it! And thats not just me being San Diego biased.

Mack 10 alone has presented 2 compilations that are arguably better.

C-Style's other compilation "Straight Outta Cali" was better.

Snoop's Doggystyle All-Stars.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2014, 01:57:42 AM »
It's crazy to look back now and think about how much talent was coming out of Long Beach back in the early and mid-90's, I don't know what the fuck they were puttin in the water at the time, but mutherfuckers were gifted....

You have the cats that went solo, or had successful albums, and probably made a living off of hip-hop, off the top of my head that would be...

Snoop
Warren G
Daz
Bad Azz
Tray Dee (had success with the Eastsidaz album and even had a deal with Sony)
Goldie Loc (although he was late to the party I bet he has a house and cars paid for just off the Eastsidaz albums)

But then you have a whole gang of lesser tier cats that were also really talented.  At the time they might've been looked at as just Snoop's homies.  Like honestly, some of the people 2pac put on weren't really all that talented...but the cats Snoop was puttin on and other dudes out the LB had maad talent, check some of the names of these rappers that probably never made a living off of rap, but really had some serious talent

The Twinz  (their album didn't sell, but is a classic in the minds of many)
The Dove Shack (the album was a bit sloppy and didn't sell much, but they got some classic joints and a lot of people still love that album)
Crooked I  (Every project he has done has flopped but nobody can deny his talent.  Maybe he has made a living off of hip-hop but his money must be coming from shows cause it sure as hell ain't comin from albums)
The 5 Footaz  (They actually had a video even and a single from the Set It Off soundtrack, they contributed nicely to a few soundtracks in that era and to Warren's first solo.  Very talented females)
Techniec  (dude was signed by Mack 10, damn shame nothing really ever came of it)
C Style
Swoop
Sentrelle ("Droppin Bombz" is my jam)
Legacy - sexy and talented female

....So my point is all of these are under the Snoop umbrella, and they all were very talented in their own right.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 02:02:25 AM by The Last Dayz of... Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Eddz

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2014, 01:20:50 AM »
I listened to Lil C-Styles album today & it has some great tracks on it but his lyrics are very basic & the mixing of the album is horrible.

On the intro what is the second track playing after Who Got Some Gangsta Shit & before Beware Of My Crew?

WestWestYA

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2014, 07:20:42 AM »
I listened to Lil C-Styles album today & it has some great tracks on it but his lyrics are very basic & the mixing of the album is horrible.

On the intro what is the second track playing after Who Got Some Gangsta Shit & before Beware Of My Crew?

the Eastsiders - Feels so good

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Klq8LKZBlRM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Klq8LKZBlRM</a>

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2014, 05:11:23 PM »
Lil C-Style sucks. Dope voice but as someone already said, dude was pretty average at best.

You seriously haven't heard "C-Style Presents 19th Street LBC Compilation"? It's one of the best West Coast compilations of all times in my opinion.

that's my opinion if you don't like it fuck you.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Eddz

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2014, 02:22:49 AM »

the Eastsiders - Feels so good

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Klq8LKZBlRM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Klq8LKZBlRM</a>

Thanks, I just couldn't put my finger on it

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2014, 08:34:13 AM »
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Okka

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2014, 08:54:26 AM »
c style was dope but kinda repetitive, he had a strong presence on the microphone going for him and his style was plain and straight to the point, kinda like b-legit. he was my personal favorite in the lbc crew.

however i don't think he was the most gifted in the crew, as tray deee, techniec and bad azz are all far better lyricists and mc's.

it's a shame he didn't get to record more material and was removed from all the songs on tha doggfather but he should have been more patient with snoop instead of destroying a dat tape and beefing with him. I always liked his verses on "bustaz" (diss version) and fuck dre. I also liked his verse on death row is bitches and I always wondered about the timeline for these diss tracks. I tend to think death row is bitches was recorded in 98 when snoop founded dogghouse productions but then swoop g dropped bustaz and snoop wasn't really on bad terms with death row by 98. or it could be a response to death row's disses to snoop on chronic 2000 and too gangsta for radios but that would mean c style is actually featured on both ends, lol. it could be credible if c style's verses were indeed pasted, maybe that's what led c-style to record the song "death row is bitches" with snoop, anyway it's not really clear. also on the independent game dvd which daz put out in like 00 there's footage of Daz, Snoop, Bo Roc, Tray Deee, Lil C Style and I think Big Style in the street and so it would mean Snoop and Lil Style were on good terms when it was recorded (i'm guessing between 98 and 00), but then again daz was supposed to have fallen out with snoop by that time so it might be early 98.

What songs was Lil C-Style supposed to be on? He wasn't on the original version of "Blueberry" or "Goldrush".

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2014, 12:30:37 PM »

You have a pic of T.I. and Pharrell in your sig. Fuck your life.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Blood$

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2014, 12:35:37 PM »

You have a pic of T.I. and Pharrell in your sig. Fuck your life.

rofl

bigpimpin20

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2014, 01:57:56 PM »

is it true that Daz was bullying enginers in the studio durig recording of R.A.W.?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2014, 02:24:05 PM »
the way Daz treats his own fans of course he'd be a dick to anyone else