Author Topic: DJ QUIK "The Midnight Life" available on 10-14!! SNIPPETS!!!  (Read 2682 times)

papa-smurf

Re: DJ QUIK "The Midnight Life" avaliable on 10-14!! SNIPPETS!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 09:39:41 AM »
sound like it might end up being my favorite quik album.The snippets sound dope as fucc.its to early to 100% judge but it sound liek it got potential to be my favorite quik album

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 09:45:33 AM »
Great artwork too!
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

BIGWORM

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 10:23:14 AM »
Sounds good in the sampler. Damn this is what I need right now a Quik or Krayzie Bone album to shake the bluez away...

Mr. Theo

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 11:43:05 AM »
The rumor is DJ Quik worked on Stalley new album OHIO..will be released in October too..

The tracklist dropped today..but without production credits..

Let's see that Quik-Marvin Gaye sampled track will land on the album .

Quik's Red October!!! Hahahhaa

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 12:18:26 PM »
Sounds like Quik has really updated his music.First impressions:
Quik's groove sound weird to me (!), Bacon's groove is the shiznit
Best full songs: Pet Semetary, Life Jacket, Broken down, Puffin the Dragon, fuck all night.
Sup with the mispelled cemetary (blood/crip shit again ?)
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

T-o-m

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 01:05:26 PM »
Some bangers, some ok tracks that may grow on me with time. But cover is cheesy.
Looking forward, no doubt.

gfunkin2

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 01:31:24 PM »
The rumor is DJ Quik worked on Stalley new album OHIO..will be released in October too..

Let's see that Quik-Marvin Gaye sampled track will land on the album .

You mean this?

Sure hope so.

s_dadry

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 02:31:06 PM »
This has made my day!!

1984KILLUMINATIS1776

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 03:49:59 PM »
looks like its going to be a solid album.. props for this>>>>>>>>>    :firedevil:

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 05:48:57 PM »
gonna be the best album of the year!  Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJSpin

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 06:26:00 PM »
Nice, excited for some new quik!  There better be hard copies.    Not sure how I feel about the singing over the lyrics in Crazy. Was hyped after hearing the live version though!  Still no fresher than me though. :(

sofdark

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2014, 08:30:21 PM »
Damn shame Quik can't find his Kendrick Lamar.

Dude has ability to be like Dre but seems to lack his Snoop, Eminem, or Kendrick by his side.

I hope Kendrick hollers at Quik for some beats, we know Kendrick doesn't give a shit about relevancy when he featured Eiht on his album. He will feature you in his album as long as you hold your ground and Quik is someone who is an artisan when it comes to making westcoast vibe beats.

With right music (Not making same mistake he made on Jay's Black Album giving weak ass beat), he'll be able to attract some new kids with his music and shine again like NoID.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:54:29 PM by sofdark »

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2014, 09:25:59 PM »
Sounds good overall, even tho there's like 3 average soundin tracks. To me this album sounds way different from his others. That new Quik's Groove is nuts! I love it.

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2014, 12:20:33 AM »
Sounds good for today standards, but how can you compare this with "Rhythm-al-ism"?!?

So far my favorite are "That Niggaz Krazy" (the live version is way better, tho), "Puffin The Dragon" and "Broken Down" (foooonkayyy).

I was expecting more from "Bacon's Groove".

PS: worst cover ever, and it wasn't easy to beat "Trauma".

bouli77

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 01:09:08 AM »
Damn shame Quik can't find his Kendrick Lamar.

Dude has ability to be like Dre but seems to lack his Snoop, Eminem, or Kendrick by his side.

I hope Kendrick hollers at Quik for some beats, we know Kendrick doesn't give a shit about relevancy when he featured Eiht on his album. He will feature you in his album as long as you hold your ground and Quik is someone who is an artisan when it comes to making westcoast vibe beats.

With right music (Not making same mistake he made on Jay's Black Album giving weak ass beat), he'll be able to attract some new kids with his music and shine again like NoID.

Quik's shot at superstardom was a long time ago. Right now I just he enjoys his position of "unsung hero" and the benefits of a prolific career.

It's not that he can't find his Kendrick it's that he's not even looking for one. Quik never gave a fuck about talented rappers in his roster I think he was more about the vibe he had with them. outside Mausberg and Suga Free, rappers from Quik's clique are not exactly elite rappers, and I love them all, Classic 220 is one of my favorite albums. And recently David Blake, Jr. and Gift Reynols are far from being good rappers either. It makes you wonder what quik likes about Gift Reynolds.

I hope we find some of Quik's beats on newer artists like Kendrick and YG though. It's not unthinkable since Terrace Martin was all over YG's album and TDE artists usually have had Kurupt, Suga Free and MC Eiht features on their albums. Plus YG's album is replete with nods to older artists and goes for that throwback sound.