Author Topic: DJ QUIK "The Midnight Life" available on 10-14!! SNIPPETS!!!  (Read 2681 times)

B.A.

Re: DJ QUIK "The Midnight Life" available on 10-14!! SNIPPETS!!!
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2014, 01:57:28 PM »
Some good shit on here, can't wait for it to drop. The tracks I'm not feelin are Shine, That Gutter and Trapped On the Tracks, Back That Shit Up sounds ok but not too sure til I hear the full track. The problem I have with the tracks are the beats, they don't fit in with the rest of the tracks imo. It's too bad too because these will probably be the tracks that I always skip and unfortunately they are the four tracks that feature David Blake II. If Quik really wants to get his son some attention I don't know why he doesn't put him on some classic Quik beats instead of these generic sounding beats that are completely forgetable; he's not going to stand out at all if they are going to try to make David Blake II sound like all that other boring, generic music that is out right now. I know he's young and they want him to appeal to the young crowd but Quik is your pops, you gotta come better than that, at the very least have some dope beats even if your rhymes are wack! Even Gift Reynolds got a chance to feature over some nice beats (Luv of My Life and Hydromatic) and Quik's son got thrown on the albums four weakest tracks  ???. And Bishop too, he should have been on a better track. By the way what the hell ever happened to Gift? Anyway, the rest of the album sounds like it should and I'm looking forward to hearing the whole thing. Stand out tracks are That N****r’s Crazy, Pet Sematary, Life Jacket and Broken Down, and of course Quik’s Groove 9 is nice as always. It's good to see El and Bacon on the album too. Album cover looks like it would have been better for a mixtape but as long as the music is dope who really cares. There's an idea, maybe Quik can do a mixtape for his son and play around with the sound they want David Jr to have instead of experimenting on his album.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:31:26 PM by B.A. »
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Matty

papa-smurf

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2014, 10:31:17 PM »
Not much of a fan of this ficca, his shit is to soft. but Pac was down with him so ima check his new shit out when it drop.

quik music aint never soft.its called fly playa music that only fly playa niggas could relate to.

sofdark

Re: DJ QUIK "The Midnight Life" avaliable on 10-14!! SNIPPETS!!!
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2014, 10:47:32 PM »
Damn shame Quik can't find his Kendrick Lamar.

Dude has ability to be like Dre but seems to lack his Snoop, Eminem, or Kendrick by his side.

I hope Kendrick hollers at Quik for some beats, we know Kendrick doesn't give a shit about relevancy when he featured Eiht on his album. He will feature you in his album as long as you hold your ground and Quik is someone who is an artisan when it comes to making westcoast vibe beats.

With right music (Not making same mistake he made on Jay's Black Album giving weak ass beat), he'll be able to attract some new kids with his music and shine again like NoID.

Quik's shot at superstardom was a long time ago. Right now I just he enjoys his position of "unsung hero" and the benefits of a prolific career.

It's not that he can't find his Kendrick it's that he's not even looking for one. Quik never gave a fuck about talented rappers in his roster I think he was more about the vibe he had with them. outside Mausberg and Suga Free, rappers from Quik's clique are not exactly elite rappers, and I love them all, Classic 220 is one of my favorite albums. And recently David Blake, Jr. and Gift Reynols are far from being good rappers either. It makes you wonder what quik likes about Gift Reynolds.

I hope we find some of Quik's beats on newer artists like Kendrick and YG though. It's not unthinkable since Terrace Martin was all over YG's album and TDE artists usually have had Kurupt, Suga Free and MC Eiht features on their albums. Plus YG's album is replete with nods to older artists and goes for that throwback sound.

Yeah I guess. I just wish he gets the right props like No.ID cause after Kanye shouted him out, people reach out to him more and even guys like Jay-Z showed him respect which made young kids find out about who No.ID was. I feel like Quik doesn't get the proper respect that he deserves. I guess lot of Westcoast producers are like that. Warren and Battlecat are the other two that come to my mind right now. Even Westcoast kids don't really know about these guys now which is ashame.

Fresh Bone

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2014, 12:10:32 AM »
I think that apart from Life Jacket, there isn't one classic DJ Quik sounding song going by the snippets.

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2014, 03:51:38 AM »
these snippets sounds good to me let´s see how this album is in full rotation and that cover is shitty...

OG The Cricket Loc

• 'G'
  • EFCC CEBUZ MOST WANTED
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2014, 07:02:20 AM »
Not much of a fan of this ficca, his shit is to soft. but Pac was down with him so ima check his new shit out when it drop.

quik music aint never soft.its called fly playa music that only fly playa niggas could relate to.

Aite nigga ... Im a gangsta, fuck a playa like you sissy.

I was raised by thugs, schooled by killers
Learned my mathematics skills from real drug dealers

PUT SLUGS IN THEM R&B THUGS

FUCK soowoop CLICK CLACK BAAAANG

MOBNigga06

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2014, 07:17:38 AM »

Quik's music is mainly on the smooth playa tip, and it's dope if you like to fuck bitches and get money, but he has some of the hardest songs too. Peep the track Til Jesus Comes. Also Fire & Brimstone, Dollaz & Sense, Ghetto Rhendezvous, G-Shit. Quik can go hard.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Smiley62

• 'G'
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »
Looking forward to this album.. I'm actually surprised on how soon this album is gonna drop..
I bet Eazy-E is turning over in his grave.. To see that some of y'all done made gangster rap gay.. - DjQuik

Mr. Theo

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2014, 06:20:25 AM »
Shiiit is unbelievable..

After let's see what Quik will surprize us on Suga Free "Ressurection".

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

shu

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2014, 04:40:08 PM »

westconnect

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2014, 06:47:18 PM »
I know it will grow on me... reminds me of Under tha Influence  one of my least fav quiks album. He could of put HollyWood on there and  Fresher Than me ! dam Quik! Quik And Snoop Always  dont put The tightist songs on the albums .. shit be unreleased but be doper than the retail album... Fav Track Puffin the Dragon!  Somebody needs to ask Quik  about unreleased Mausberg  and Mc Eiht song.. if i remember right i heard 8 talking about it in a interview a few years ago???

WestWestYA

Re: DJ QUIK "The Midnight Life" avaliable on 10-14!! SNIPPETS!!!
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2014, 08:00:45 PM »
I Have mix feelings about this album, quik did promise Quik is the Name similarities. I don't see it atm tbh.

I Take back what i said about this album, this album will be incredible. After hearing full versions of The Getter, Life Jacket, That N Crazy & Pet Semetery. DJ Quik's last few albums have a funny of growing on You.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2014, 09:34:24 PM »
Cool cover