Author Topic: Who keeps pushing Rick Ross in the mainstream rap media????  (Read 613 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Who keeps pushing Rick Ross in the mainstream rap media????
« on: September 16, 2014, 08:12:22 PM »
anyone else wonder why his record sales suck yet he keeps getting mentioned??  dude sucks, easily.   i wonder who is behind his fame.

i bet infinite has an answer for us.  After all, Infinite's buddah aka Dr. Dre just gave him an expensive ass watch a few years ago.  Right?

brian, please enlighten us on the Rick Rossian scriptures of the Death Row catacombs that were dug up in 2013. 

Blood$

Re: Who keeps pushing Rick Ross in the mainstream rap media????
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 10:25:39 PM »
he sells 500-600K every release, he's got the right marketing and money behind him plus it goes without saying he has a very good ear for beats

bouli77

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 01:21:06 AM »
that's a good question in general although Ross is indeed a bad pick. Ross is almost a guaranteed gold album (his latest album didn't go gold).

I think visibility and charisma comes into play, especially for the foreign market. Ross is a worldwide star. Like Snoop hasn't gone platinum or gold since 2006 and TBCT, but if you ask me he's way more popular and known now than he ever was. I mean it may not be obvious for you cause snoop has always been in the mainstream due to controversy but out here in france it really is. Pharrell really gave him a superstar status, and all his collaborations, reality tv gigs, antics, plus that Snoop Lion thing, in a span of a decade it gave him a mainstream visibility he never had before. and all that WHILE his record sales kept decreasing.

Networking is also important. Some artists are in the right circles with other successful artists/producers. Like you see MMG is closely connected to YMCMB and both fuck with Diddy to some level. DJ Khaled fucks wit French Montana, most MMG artiss, etc. You have So So Def who haven't made noise in a while but JD is tight with Ross.

But there's definitely some type of foul play that's going on behind the scenes to see some artists pushed in the media without really viable commercial success.

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 09:33:38 AM »
that's a good question in general although Ross is indeed a bad pick. Ross is almost a guaranteed gold album (his latest album didn't go gold).

I think visibility and charisma comes into play, especially for the foreign market. Ross is a worldwide star. Like Snoop hasn't gone platinum or gold since 2006 and TBCT, but if you ask me he's way more popular and known now than he ever was. I mean it may not be obvious for you cause snoop has always been in the mainstream due to controversy but out here in france it really is. Pharrell really gave him a superstar status, and all his collaborations, reality tv gigs, antics, plus that Snoop Lion thing, in a span of a decade it gave him a mainstream visibility he never had before. and all that WHILE his record sales kept decreasing.

Networking is also important. Some artists are in the right circles with other successful artists/producers. Like you see MMG is closely connected to YMCMB and both fuck with Diddy to some level. DJ Khaled fucks wit French Montana, most MMG artiss, etc. You have So So Def who haven't made noise in a while but JD is tight with Ross.

But there's definitely some type of foul play that's going on behind the scenes to see some artists pushed in the media without really viable commercial success.

+1

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 04:42:17 AM »
He promotes the brand of coonish ignorant the white people in charge of urban music wish to peddle to the ignorant masses in order to keep liquor sales and other "aspirational lifestyle" choices prevalent in the easily influenced minds of idiots the world over.

Will_B

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 05:01:46 AM »
No conspiracy

I think it's just that he still sells a hell of a lot more records than most other rappers do.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 10:24:19 AM »
No conspiracy

I think it's just that he still sells a hell of a lot more records than most other rappers do.

not really

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 10:24:53 AM »
He promotes the brand of coonish ignorant the white people in charge of urban music wish to peddle to the ignorant masses in order to keep liquor sales and other "aspirational lifestyle" choices prevalent in the easily influenced minds of idiots the world over.

true....he makes music about ignorant subjects that cats like Closet Material eat up.

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 01:46:18 PM »
Its very simple:

The same corporate people have a vested interest in the music business as well as clothing/fashion/alcohol etc.. The only people that have true disposable income these days are the youngsters because they live with their parents and don't pay bills per se. Therefore they push three and a half minute aspirational adverts on them masquerading as music so they go out and cop an overpriced tequila/watch/shoes/rentley etc..

http://college.usatoday.com/2014/04/18/university-of-pittsburgh-connects-top-40-hits-binge-drinking/

I'm sure the side effect of increased drug use, promiscuity and coonish behaviour that leads to court fines/jail times doesn't go amiss either.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-prison-industry-in-the-united-states-big-business-or-a-new-form-of-slavery/8289

This has been in full swing in rap for quite some time now and the product placement/sponsorship isn't even trying to be subtle as the WOOO POPPPED A MOLLY crowd need things spelled out for them, preferably with one click web links to where they can buy the product that interested them before they forget it and move onto the next one.

http://justinmuir.hubpages.com/hub/Rap-Music-and-Product-Placement
http://www.villagevoice.com/2002-09-10/news/hip-hop-goes-commercial/

I've long suspected that Jay Z gives Ross a hand in writing his rhymes - similar to how he did with Foxy Brown. Talent is thin on the ground in the rap game so every little contribution helps and it gives the labels better control over their asset when the house jigger keeps the field niggers in check.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 01:50:44 PM »
Jay Z steals from his own kind

aerroc

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 09:53:15 AM »
rick ross has only made one track

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 05:23:23 PM »

explain ?????

aerroc

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2014, 09:42:25 PM »

explain ?????

he says the same bullshit in every track

Will_B

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 10:26:50 PM »

explain ?????

he says the same bullshit in every track

That's half of West Coast rappers... :D

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 05:59:00 AM »