Author Topic: Jayo Felony  (Read 1637 times)

hrsmn_london

Jayo Felony
« on: September 17, 2014, 02:10:11 PM »
Does anyone know why he hasn't put out any music in years?

I assume he still raps.

Blood$

Re: Jayo Felony
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 02:49:11 PM »
he was blackballed for majority of the 2000s, then he just kept dropping a single here and there just to eventually vanish once again

I remember Lunatic (what's good if you're still lurking) had told me when he interviewed and dealt with Jayo that his big problem was that he basically thought he was worth more than he actually is in the industry today and that he was expecting too much money for verses, shows, etc. which is why nobody was trying to deal with him after a certain amount of time

plus him popping up in that news clip about squatters didn't help him either lol his catalog is still solid though  8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 05:09:02 PM »
homie is a legend. somebody need to get an update on him.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 11:36:51 PM »
Rapping on extremely underground projects by local artist in San Diego from time-to-time.

Going against the king of the East and the king of the West was a dumb move but he's had a few opportunities to redeem his career but he's blown them all. You guys saw the footage of him on the news for being a "squatter". He's had multiple visits to rehab and jail. Lost his G-Unit deal before the ink even dried. Dissed Mitchy Slick and half the other artist in San Diego and that got him caught up in a lot of shit. Lifelong loser.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

teletomble

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 12:59:11 AM »
Rapping on extremely underground projects by local artist in San Diego from time-to-time.

Going against the king of the East and the king of the West was a dumb move but he's had a few opportunities to redeem his career but he's blown them all. You guys saw the footage of him on the news for being a "squatter". He's had multiple visits to rehab and jail. Lost his G-Unit deal before the ink even dried. Dissed Mitchy Slick and half the other artist in San Diego and that got him caught up in a lot of shit. Lifelong loser.

He Had A G-Unit Deal? When Was This?

hrsmn_london

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 04:14:23 AM »
Thanks for responses. Unfortunately, the Riflemen project was shelved and 1st Generation might not see light of day. Jayo due to be featured in both of these.

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 08:26:56 AM »

He Had A G-Unit Deal? When Was This?

they never signed a contract but he had a meeting with 50 Cent via Mobb Deep back in '06

Game was also interested in putting him down with BWS around the same time but I think he was still under contract with Treacherous

Smiley62

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 01:45:30 PM »
So much talent to not use it.. he's always had a sick flow.. he killed it on the ct experience mixtape..
I bet Eazy-E is turning over in his grave.. To see that some of y'all done made gangster rap gay.. - DjQuik

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 03:50:24 PM »
So much talent to not use it.. he's always had a sick flow.. he killed it on the ct experience mixtape..
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 04:06:56 PM »
take a ride was a classic. whatcha gon' do was fire too.  8) 8) 8) 8)

soopa-man

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 04:40:07 PM »
He had some dope music he had two solid albums "take a ride" and "whatcha gonna do" were dope ass albums but he for sure was way too egotistical he should have signed with snoop when he had the chance or let him executive produce the album... Shame all we got was that wack ass snoop diss instead, the one going at Jigga was hard as fuck though

Jimmy H.

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 10:29:01 PM »
  That's the crazy thing is dude can really flow and put together good music but for whatever reason, he just never got that right break.  I think him and Ras Kass were the two who were that close to "superstar" status but never quite fit into the right situation. Beyond that, they should at least be out there like Yukmouth.  By which, I mean, Yuk's not a household name but as a fan, I have a catalog on him where I can make mixes for days.  Jayo doesn't release music like that, which is the real shame. 

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 10:45:42 PM »
I heard he got blackballed after sockin that nigga snoop  :o
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

hrsmn_london

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 02:17:47 AM »
Anyone know of any relatively recent interviews?

I've been enjoying Crip Hop album.

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 04:17:12 AM »
He got some songs with B.G. KnoccOut like "Grown Man Shit" (ft. Dre'sta) and "Standin' On Tablez" (ft. Kurupt, Young Maylay, 1st Generation).
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.