Author Topic: Dawaun Parker Talks Detox  (Read 362 times)

woof

Dawaun Parker Talks Detox
« on: September 17, 2014, 05:23:42 PM »
Dr. Dre’s Detox has taken on a life of its own in recent years. The word itself gets thrown around in rap as part of the language used most when people are making an allusion to an event that’s never going to happen or a project that won’t see daylight. That reference may not last for much longer if we’re judging the mythical album’s status by producer Dawaun Parker’s words.

The longtime Aftermath producer was a guest on the Shots Fired podcast and the topic of Dre’s long lost album came up. Parker reveals that Detox is most likely never coming out, not under that title at least. “He scrapped Detox a couple of years ago and came up with another title. I won’t say what the title is cause I haven’t seen that online or anything yet.”

Parker continues, “He was like ‘We’re going to call it this and we’re gonna put it out this way, this way and this way.’ And he told a couple of people and we just kind of knew that’s the thing we were working on and, if we get that the joint that he’s like ‘Here’s the joint I can lead off with,’ then that’s what the project will be. I’m under the impression that it’s still that one.”

Parker goes on to admit there are literally hundreds of beats associated with the project but “the amount of songs isn’t that much because he won’t let anything that already wasn’t potentially a 10 to even get recorded, but I think that they are bangers.” The producer confesses “To me, the music is there and I feel like one day he’s going to wake up and say ‘Today’s the day and I’ll put it out’ because the music’s been there.”

Parker’s reference to Marsha Ambrosius at the beginning of the clip stems from her interview with Rap-Up where she spoke on Detox back in January. “Detox was a title that was thrown around so many years ago,” she explained. “There’s so many other things in the works for you for you to not be concerned about anyone detoxing. It sounds like a fitness center now. No you’ll see something else.”

sofdark

Re: Dawaun Parker Talks Detox
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 10:00:11 PM »
I didn't even read it and I hate Dawaun Parker for bringing up Detox. Fuck Detox.

dnjp4life

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 03:38:58 AM »
Interesting, I thought Dre gave the whole Detox thing up many years ago.  Maybe he really is gonna release another album one day.

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 03:49:05 AM »
Don´t believe the hype people, it´s just trashtalk for the cheap ass artists who are on aftermath...