Author Topic: Beat that started DJ Quik/Suga Free beef  (Read 792 times)

Diggfinger

Beat that started DJ Quik/Suga Free beef
« on: September 20, 2014, 12:41:52 PM »
So, I was going through all the classic Rappin 4-Tay material again (daym, Off Parole was tight!) when I stumbled upon "If It Wasn't 4 U" from the Gangsta Gumbo record (2003).

The track features Nate Dogg and Suga Free and was produced by DJ Quik

I remember reading that Free sold it to 4-Tay for 2500$ without the permission of Quik - who was double pissed because he said the beat wasn't finished.

Apparently this is what started the infamous beef. Nice little fun-fact as a warm up for Midnight Life - good to see Quik n Free back together though 8)

sofdark

Re: Beat that started DJ Quik/Suga Free beef
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 01:18:52 PM »
So, I was going through all the classic Rappin 4-Tay material again (daym, Off Parole was tight!) when I stumbled upon "If It Wasn't 4 U" from the Gangsta Gumbo record (2003).

The track features Nate Dogg and Suga Free and was produced by DJ Quik

I remember reading that Free sold it to 4-Tay for 2500$ without the permission of Quik - who was double pissed because he said the beat wasn't finished.

Apparently this is what started the infamous beef. Nice little fun-fact as a warm up for Midnight Life - good to see Quik n Free back together though 8)

Quik beat for $2500? I'd be pissed if I was Quik too lol

Jimmy H.

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 02:17:41 PM »
I was under the impression that the track was "Inside Out" which Free used.  Quik mentioned that his singing of the chorus was supposed to be a temp. track while he looked for the right singer to get on there and he was furious that it was released in the way that it was.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 06:29:56 PM »
Suga Free must have been hurting for cash. Pimpin ain't easy.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 06:29:27 AM »
I was under the impression that the track was "Inside Out" which Free used.  Quik mentioned that his singing of the chorus was supposed to be a temp. track while he looked for the right singer to get on there and he was furious that it was released in the way that it was.

they couldnt clear the sample from steve arington of slave..so it was put in the vault..but it leaked...which was incomplete...suga ended jus puttin out the full version..

the rappin 4tay song is the one that started the beef..kuz quik wasnt even credit on the cover...now all the covers i see now as of late..dj quik name is on there

[/img]
[/b]

Matty

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 06:35:59 AM »
good ol' dj quick.

Desert Lord

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 08:29:05 AM »

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 04:24:49 PM »