Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - I (Produced by Rahki) new single  (Read 3447 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Kendrick Lamar - I (Produced by Rahki) new single
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2014, 08:35:39 PM »
And this homo made reference to Kendrick wearing a wife beater like T.I. doesn't look like he's posing for some "Feed Africa" commercial.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2014, 08:36:02 PM »
Not a bad song.  I can see this song being played on the radio.  I listened to the soundcloud link and the mix is terrible.  Sounds like a mess.  I hope Dre cleans this up.   

it's better than T.I. right?
why are u turnin' this into a t.i. thread dumb wilson ?

kind of hard not too when you use that goofy looking fuck ti and that biter Pharrell who steals every ones shit  :D as a sig

https://www.google.com/search?q=Pharrell+Williams+is+a+biter&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-beta&channel=sb#rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&q=Pharrell+Williams+sued

Okka

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2014, 10:35:36 PM »
"Cartoons & Cereal" was never supposed to be a single it was just a track that leaked too early so it got scrapped

Actually, i think it didn't make the album because they couldn't clear the sample in time or somethin' like that.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2014, 10:53:21 PM »
i fuck with kendrick but he trying to be on that pharrell wave with that old people grown and sexy shit.. leave that weird shit for the old niggas in the game like snoop and pharrell fam. he saw pharrell  was killing the charts with happy and he tried to copy that shit with i love myself. niggas like pharrell gotta make music like that because they ain't no lyricist and they gotta get in where they fit in. this nigga is in the prime of his career and he already starting to push that watered down shit that 40 year old niggas put out.
Kendrick wants this to be his single that he gets asked to perform at the Grammys, the Billboard Awards, etc.  Good move from a marketing perspective in terms of broadening his appeal... but I likely won't listen to this song much, if at all.  Kind of like Berserk for Eminem... weird song, but it really caught on with the general population, especially with that sample.

I really hope that the rest of his album isn't a bunch of watered down shit like this for the mainstream fanbase.  I can't blame him for wanting to bring in new fans and make more money, and personally I might let it slide for the first single, but if we get an album full of this, then he basically gave up the crown... and in that scenario, I'd rather see what YG could do for his sophomore effort.

Will_B

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2014, 11:21:28 PM »
I hope they slow this down / or do an alt mix for the album (like Swimming Polls)

Okka

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2014, 11:23:20 PM »
Just listened to the song. What is this bullshit? Not feelin' the song at all.

Remedy360

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2014, 12:57:01 AM »
Just listened to the song. What is this bullshit? Not feelin' the song at all.

Yeah, when I first heard there was an Isley Brother sample I was pumped but this is not what I had in mind. Hopefully just an anomaly.

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2014, 01:05:16 AM »
This song will get him great mainstream success and that's all. It will get it's buzz and people will talk about it, but there's huge amount of people who wants to see that Section .80 KDot.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

bouli77

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2014, 02:50:57 AM »
I don't know how I feel about this. I gotta bump it more. After one spin, it sounded disappointing.

I feel the Eminem influence. Worst decision Kendrick ever made was getting in the studio with him lol.

definitely, it's pretty disappointing in that respect.

there was parts of the song I did like but overall wasn't feeling whatever he did to his voice for the verses  :-[

Isley Brothers sample is clean though

+1, the Isley Brothers sample is nicely chosen, love Who's That Lady

so this is the new westcoast face??? where the fuck is the jay rock album??

wow he's really stepping up the accent to chipmunk levels on this one, don't like it.

yup

Nothing against Jay Rock but dude is just another Cali rapper whereas KDot brings something different to the table that appeals to more people. As far as this song itself, not feeling it.

yup I like Rock but he's pretty one dimensional, he kills it every now and then though like on "Money Trees". FMH was a bit cliché I thought, I liked some of the songs but overall it sounded forced.

Matty

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2014, 04:01:19 AM »
kendrick thinks he can rap with any old silly voice and everyone will lap it up. not this time.

The_Offence

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2014, 05:46:30 AM »
its fitting that pharrell is promoting the song now  ;D https://twitter.com/Pharrell/status/514371526943326208?lang=en like i've said this shit sounds like he tried to copy pharrell's happy and added some Will.I.Am/black eyed peas to the shit. he might still get a Grammy with this shit because the old ass white people that vote for that shit will love this track. kendrick pushing sold out levels with this garbage. what i do know is white people will love this shit! as much i dislike the track i know white people will take this garbage straight to the top. his Grammy is coming for sure.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:53:14 AM by The_Offence »

Desert Lord

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2014, 05:53:40 AM »
 8) i like the song

don't know why so many people ain't feelin' it

The_Offence

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2014, 06:22:25 AM »
this will be kendrick in the next couple years.

from ruthless records to this

it's almost impossible to keep the same sound once you've signed a deal with intercope. the illuminati is strong over there at intercope and Dre got more billions coming.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 06:25:48 AM by The_Offence »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2014, 06:23:55 AM »
8) i like the song

It's weak. We're talking about the guy who owned 2013 by spitting on "Control" shitting on every rapper. Who many regard as the leader of the new school. His single just has to be better.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/thtPhtMcdlY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/thtPhtMcdlY</a>

Should of given us the full version of this. Open your album with a Dr. Dre beat & you just spitting bars. That's who he is.

The_Offence

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2014, 06:37:21 AM »
8) i like the song

It's weak. We're talking about the guy who owned 2013 by spitting on "Control" shitting on every rapper. Who many regard as the leader of the new school. His single just has to be better.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/thtPhtMcdlY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/thtPhtMcdlY</a>

Should of given us the full version of this. Open your album with a Dr. Dre beat & you just spitting bars. That's who he is.
you better download that save it because in the next couple years this nigga will turn into kanye.