Author Topic: Snoop album entirely produced by Pharrell, feat. Stevie Wonder, Charlie Wilson  (Read 2120 times)

woof

When Snoop Dogg isn’t busy hosting awards shows, he’s back in the studio working on yet another solo project. For his latest album, he teamed up with Pharrell and he’s promising something completely fresh.

“It’s a great record me and Pharrell did from top to bottom. It feels good and I’m happy to be back in the studio working with one of my favorite producers and homeboys,” Snoop told MTV News on the BET Hip Hop Awards carpet. “It’s different — it’s completely different than anything we’ve ever done. It feels good, sounds good, looks good.”

He confirmed that he won’t be taking on any new monikers this time around (remember Snoop Lion?) instead he’ll just be focused on the music.

Features on the new project will include Stevie Wonder, Charlie Wilson, and of course, “Snoop Dogg — he’ll be on my album. Just Snoop Dogg with two Gs, baby.”

http://www.mtv.com/news/1944817/snoop-dogg-no-nicknames-new-album/

Matty

sounds like it will be my type of album, musically 8)

1984KILLUMINATIS1776

• Lil Geezy
I hope this album kicks ass.. we need some good music from the dogg, it seems hes on a G mode agian

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
After the success Pharell has had in this last year and the pretty good party, happy ( no pun intended) music he has put out its safe to say
Snoop Dogg will have a hit and be back on top of hip hop.

Will_B

Pharrell probably giving Snoop all his leftovers (rather than developing every track in the lab) but its still gonna be better than everything he's done since Doggumentary 8)

KrazySumwhat

Whiklst i like the idea of having one producer in some ways theres still that part of me that will be unhappy to not see production from the likes of say Soopafly, Battle cat, dre, quik, pooh, etc. But to be expected really.
 I wonder what rappers will be featured on there?

bouli77

yeah i think it has potential to be a decent and interesting album, but Snoop doesn't seem to focused so I'm afraid we'll get something half assed despite Pharrell's involvement. Pharrell sounded motivated to work with Snoop when he was on GGN though, so I don't know.

OG The Cricket Loc

• 'G'
  • EFCC CEBUZ MOST WANTED
Buster shit. Snoop a bitch

I was raised by thugs, schooled by killers
Learned my mathematics skills from real drug dealers

PUT SLUGS IN THEM R&B THUGS

FUCK soowoop CLICK CLACK BAAAANG

Matty

Pharrell probably giving Snoop all his leftovers (rather than developing every track in the lab) but its still gonna be better than everything he's done since Doggumentary 8)

it didn't sound that way from that pharrell was saying before, he's always given snoop some of his best production. and you know stevie wonder aint gonna be on no leftover track. i expect the whole thing to be very musical and well crafted, though the autotune in that snippet was a bit offputting. autotune can really spoil things.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 05:23:36 AM by Matty »

Mr. Theo

Pop-Disco-Tecno-Dance music

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

PLANT

This is good news.  One of the main problems with many Snoop albums is the production has been all over the place, so it's nice to see this album will have a consistent sound with pharrell doing the whole album.

Will_B

it didn't sound that way from that pharrell was saying before, he's always given snoop some of his best production. and you know stevie wonder aint gonna be on no leftover track. i expect the whole thing to be very musical and well crafted, though the autotune in that snippet was a bit offputting. autotune can really spoil things.

Lets hope so. And yeah, Snoop thinking he can sing on everything is fucking all his music up.

bouli77

more like electro funk inspired modern jams ala let's get blown

Matty

the first snippet didn't sound like that at all. the album is going to be very soul influenced like pharrell's record.

Desert Lord

should be dope