Author Topic: Snoop album entirely produced by Pharrell, feat. Stevie Wonder, Charlie Wilson  (Read 2119 times)

doggfather

if the neptunes do the produce i like it, if just pharrel, well...  :-\
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

johnnie360

Well if its anything like what has been put out since Last Meal, it will be garbage for me. Maybe good for mainstream lovers, but not my taste

dnjp4life

Sounds like it will be a '7 Days of Funk' part 2 but with a little less emphasis on funk.  I'll keep an ear out for it.

Will_B

7 Days wasn't funky at all to me, more like lift music

Hoping this is better in all ways

The_Offence

if you're expecting gangsta shit on this album then you'll be very disappointed! this album will be mostly grown a sexy music.

Will_B

if you're expecting gangsta shit on this album then you'll be very disappointed! this album will be mostly grown a sexy music.

If u think what Pharrells doing in the industry is grown n sexy then good luck to you!

Shits just pop music product. He happens to be in fashion right now, that's all

The_Offence

If u think what Pharrells doing in the industry is grown n sexy then good luck to you!

im not pharrells music. im talking what him and snoop has done is the passed and the lil sample snoop resealed a couple weeks ago. you add stevie wonder and charlie wilson in the mix and that means your getting that grown and sexy shit. most of the fans on here are not into that shit and i don't expect most people on here to vibe to this album. so to the people expecting some kind of hard album or some kind of west coast shit should just drop your expectations right now. you'll be getting sappy,watered down music. snoop has lost all his creativity and he's just bouncing everywhere to find a certain sound that can get him back to the top of the charts. he just needs to hang it up at this point because he's done! he really has nothing to offer the game at this point man. he'll just try to copy that sound from  pharrell's happy single and turn that whole shit into a crappy album. every time he's about to drop a album people get so excited on here only to be let down :-\ HE'S DONE!! at least niggas like jay z cube,nas and ren are still trying to put out rap albums. i don't even know what to label the music snoop is dropping now. even old ass niggas like king tee is still putting out rap music. it's like snoop's music now is pop, funk, reggae, some cheesy ass rap lyrics, all combine over a bruno mars beat. he makes music so he can do that lil old man shuffle you always see him doing  :D you know that shit where he just moves his feat and his elbows  ;D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 09:09:08 AM by The_Offence »

One producer on an album can either result in every song sounding the same or a stellar compilation of bangers. Based on the features I think its going to be the latter.

Will_B

im not pharrells music. im talking what him and snoop has done is the passed and the lil sample snoop resealed a couple weeks ago. you add stevie wonder and charlie wilson in the mix and that means your getting that grown and sexy shit. most of the fans on here are not into that shit and i don't expect most people on here to vibe to this album. so to the people expecting some kind of hard album or some kind of west coast shit should just drop your expectations right now. you'll be getting sappy,watered down music. snoop has lost all his creativity and he's just bouncing everywhere to find a certain sound that can get him back to the top of the charts. he just needs to hang it up at this point because he's done! he really has nothing to offer the game at this point man. he'll just try to copy that sound from  pharrell's happy single and turn that whole shit into a crappy album. every time he's about to drop a album people get so excited on here only to be let down :-\ HE'S DONE!! at least niggas like jay z cube,nas and ren are still trying to put out rap albums. i don't even know what to label the music snoop is dropping now. even old ass niggas like king tee is still putting out rap music. it's like snoop's music now is pop, funk, reggae, some cheesy ass rap lyrics, all combine over a bruno mars beat. he makes music so he can do that lil old man shuffle you always see him doing  :D you know that shit where he just moves his feat and his elbows  ;D

Ok I get u now

At least you're not saying sappy uninspired and watered down = grown and sexy!

Fresh Bone

Maybe I missed it but has it definately been confirmed that Pharrell is producing the whole album?

gio™fugahoo

Maybe I missed it but has it definately been confirmed that Pharrell is producing the whole album?

Yes snoop himself confirmed on MTV

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Well if its anything like what has been put out since Last Meal, it will be garbage for me. Maybe good for mainstream lovers, but not my taste
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Matty

of snoops later directions groovy, soulful beats from the neptunes is easily one of the best. past collabs have generally been on a classic level, providing you aren't looking for harder hip hop or gfunk. joints like 'lets get blown' and 'beautiful' are legit jams and 'drop it like its hot' is snoops biggest record to date. not that popular means great, but you'd have to be really adverse to pop/r&b to not appreciate those.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SIQihN--98Y" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SIQihN--98Y</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_FE194VN6c4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_FE194VN6c4</a>

Matty

and will i think you are being harsh on pharrell his last album was legitimately good, you can't say 'happy' is not a classic jam from dude. even if you find him corny or whatever his production is on fire recently. lots of groove. and even if he's ripping off marvin gaye the robin thicke record was another one.

bouli77

let's get blown is more funk than pop, pure groove with a classic Slave sample so it doesn't make sense for people to hate on songs like that when those are the influences Snoop claims too. Signs sounds poppy but is funky as well especially with Charlie Wilson in the mix.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:18:09 PM by bouli77 »