Poll

who is the better rapper

Kurupt
15 (39.5%)
Nas
23 (60.5%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Kurupt or Nas?  (Read 3011 times)

MOBNigga06

Re: Kurupt or Nas?
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2014, 09:37:28 PM »
One factor people aren't taking into account:

Kurupt has a lot more GAME than Nas. Young Gotti is one of the most entertaining gamed-up rappers on the planet.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2014, 10:04:28 PM »
Well since there's nothing specific, I'm going with Kurupt.

Nas is an awesome lyricist but when Kurupt was at his best, he'd smash anyone on any given day. What separates Kurupt to me was his versatility. Kurupt could do G tracks with the biggest G's and blend in as a G himself. At the same time, he could hook up with straight Hop Hoppers and backpackers, and switch his style lyrically. Even though Nas spit some G sht, he was never a real gangster. Nas has always been a pure Hip Hop artist at heart and Illmatic proves it.

yeah i see what you mean but nas is more versatile in that he touches on many more topics than Kurupt. Kurupt is a battle MC first and foremost and while he was good at it he's a bit limited. also Kurupt's prime was very short.
Yeah that's why I said that Nas was more of a Hip Hop artist at heart. Kurupt did a bunch of G shit, even though he does have several tracks with different topics. I think Kurupt's problem was that he didn't have guidance with making his albums. If a guy like Dr. Dre would have produced his albums, he'd have better structure and more balance overall with the material he released. Kurupt didn't always talk about the same sht. Nas for example tried to copy a lot of Pac's style. But if you listen to [It was Written], he kept it mostly on the same topics, with street rap n shit because that's what was hot at the time. People forget that G Rap was taking over and everybody was on that. [Illmatic] was more who Nas has always been. Kurupt could switch it up though. It wasn't all the same. Problem is that those songs never stood out like the rest. Kurupt never had a hit like "The World Is Yours". Then Kurupt fell off as he got older so we didn't even get to see him make songs with a more mature point of view. But he could still switch things up if he wanted.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com//v/VBT3mhQUNpI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com//v/VBT3mhQUNpI</a>

yeah Kurupt had more styles than Nas...he was a gangsta rapper but could turn around and do the east coast lyrical rap like"You know my steez" remix for instance...he could make the dope R&B cut as well "We Can Freak It""Under Pressure"...But Kurupt also fell flat on his face when he tried to go pop with "Its Over"
Yeah. Even when he hooked up with the WU and Pete Rock in "Tru Master". Kurupt could go from Coast to Coast and blend in with everyone. That's why Kurupt was my fav growing up. Only thing he was never able to do as a Solo artist was create that mainstream hit. He had underground, gangster and street classics but never anything that topped the charts. In a sense he has always been more of an underground artist. A Legend but not commercial level. I think he lacked guidance. Most of the commercial hits he was involved in, he was the feature... but never solo.

"Who Ride With Us", "Girls All Pause" made some noise at that time they dropped though no?

granted I was mad young and just remember seeing the videos on tv lol not sure how they did on radio especially here on the east
Yea but those never topped the charts. You heard them in clubs and parties 24/7 but they weren't mainstream nation wide. In LA, they were poppin though!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

bouli77

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2014, 10:21:35 PM »
One factor people aren't taking into account:

Kurupt has a lot more GAME than Nas. Young Gotti is one of the most entertaining gamed-up rappers on the planet.

how exactly is he gamed up ? it's not like his raps are full of wisdom or credible street tales, lol. Kurupt is a dope battle mc than rhyme nicely, but not what you would call a rapper with game ala E-40

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2014, 11:29:46 PM »
Nas' last album just solidified him as the GOAT.

As much as I love Kurupt, this is NO comparison.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Game-Won

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2014, 03:10:14 AM »
I go with Nas.

I like both arists tho.

Nas just has that teecher in him that helped me when growing up, his story telling and morale is outstanding for us who grew up to his music.
Nas is a G to me, the laid back kind - that was always reflecting from all sides.

Kurupt flow and word play is cool to tho, but i always pref'd Daz to Kurrupt.

"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

HighEyeCue

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2014, 05:20:51 AM »
somebody hook up that "Know My Steez" remix I don't recall ever hearing that  :o

You Know My Steez (Three Men And A Lady Remix)

http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/48308038/file.html

Blood$

« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2014, 07:45:59 AM »
somebody hook up that "Know My Steez" remix I don't recall ever hearing that  :o

You Know My Steez (Three Men And A Lady Remix)

http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/48308038/file.html

+1

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2014, 01:50:01 PM »
nas has quickly tied this shit up

Blood$

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2014, 01:09:58 PM »
and now he's winning the race lol people finally smartened up on here  8)

WestWestYA

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2014, 01:15:07 PM »
i loved all nas albums up to gods son but after that i couldn't get back into his music, just like jay-z after the black album i didn't like his stuff.

Don Seer

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2014, 01:16:42 PM »
i loved all nas albums up to gods son but after that i couldn't get back into his music, just like jay-z after the black album i didn't like his stuff.
pretty much the same story here.

Will_B

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2014, 02:25:53 PM »
pretty much the same story here.

Y'all need to check out Nas' Ni**er album from 08

Don Seer

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2014, 02:40:38 PM »
yeah i have, it aint really stuck in my mind

Will_B

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2014, 02:41:31 PM »

Give it another shot dude. Amazing album

Blood$

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2014, 03:22:21 PM »

Give it another shot dude. Amazing album

Life Is Good was solid too, I don't personally know anybody that didn't feel that album