Poll

who is the better rapper

Kurupt
15 (39.5%)
Nas
23 (60.5%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Kurupt or Nas?  (Read 3036 times)

Remedy360

Re: Kurupt or Nas?
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2014, 02:03:28 PM »
Kurupt's first 10 years... hands down.

But Nas has been more consistent thorugh the years. I like Kurupt better though.

They are both inconsistent, just inconsistent in different ways.  Like for Kurupt he went from being flawless in the mid-90's, then lost a step but still dope from 97-2001, to totally falling off the face of the fuccing Earth...

...Nas on the other hand, started with a classic, then laid bricks until the Jay-Z beef and his mom dying produced classics with Stillmatic and God's Son, only to fall off again, then come back again strong with Hip-Hop Is Dead and Distant Relatives.... only to lose his footing again with his new album...  (not to mention he has loads of classic unreleased tracks like "Amongst Kings" and "Darkness" and Lost Tapes and other scattered leaks, etc...

Point is, for Kurupt it went from bad to worst, while for Nas he has bounced back and forth throughout his career with classics and bricks.

VOTED FOR NAS

Life Is Good was a very enjoyable album, don't know what's not to like about it.

Remedy360

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2014, 02:05:50 PM »
nas the better overall solo artist and a far more consistent lyricist, but i'd rather bump some prime kurupt

Yeah, that sums it up well. Just sucks that Kurupt's prime was so short relative to his entire career.

Will_B

« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2014, 02:06:11 PM »
but i'd rather bump some prime kurupt

That's 11 or so tracks vs 11 or so albums from Nas

prime kurupt is anything he did during his first run with death row...much more than 11 tracks

Ok 2 albums worth of tracks vs 11 or so albums :D

Sccit

« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2014, 02:12:02 PM »

prime kurupt is anything he did during his first run with death row...much more than 11 tracks

smh@thinking nas has been in his prime for his entire career

Will_B

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2014, 02:21:03 PM »

Who said that? We're talking about bumping prime Kurupt vs bumping Nas

Sccit

« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2014, 04:23:29 PM »

Who said that? We're talking about bumping prime Kurupt vs bumping Nas

i was talkin about prime nas and you replied "thats 11 albums or so"....keep up, bloc

Will_B

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2014, 10:20:48 PM »
Ok so prime Nas >>>>>> Kururpt

You think Kurupts verse on Puffin on Blunts = Illmatic?

Sccit

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2014, 01:51:22 AM »
i dont know how you can compare a verse to an album. thats an incredible question.

Will_B

« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2014, 06:25:59 AM »
i dont know how you can compare a verse to an album. thats an incredible question.

You're right there's no comparison

WestWestYA

« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2014, 06:45:47 AM »
Ok so prime Nas >>>>>> Kururpt

You think Kurupts verse on Puffin on Blunts = Illmatic?
I Like it was written better than illmatic.

westside159

« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2014, 09:59:48 AM »
Kurupt's first 10 years... hands down.

But Nas has been more consistent thorugh the years. I like Kurupt better though.

They are both inconsistent, just inconsistent in different ways.  Like for Kurupt he went from being flawless in the mid-90's, then lost a step but still dope from 97-2001, to totally falling off the face of the fuccing Earth...

...Nas on the other hand, started with a classic, then laid bricks until the Jay-Z beef and his mom dying produced classics with Stillmatic and God's Son, only to fall off again, then come back again strong with Hip-Hop Is Dead and Distant Relatives.... only to lose his footing again with his new album...  (not to mention he has loads of classic unreleased tracks like "Amongst Kings" and "Darkness" and Lost Tapes and other scattered leaks, etc...

Point is, for Kurupt it went from bad to worst, while for Nas he has bounced back and forth throughout his career with classics and bricks.

VOTED FOR NAS

Life Is Good was a very enjoyable album, don't know what's not to like about it.

Best tracks on NAS'S Life is good album

1. Stay
2. Trust
3. You Wouldn't Understand
4. Cherry Wine Featuring Amy Winehouse
 8) 8) 8)

Will_B

« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2014, 10:14:36 AM »
I'd put Loco-Motive and A Queens Story over those tracks but its all good homie 8)

Sccit

« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2014, 01:08:25 PM »

so then tell me, why did you feel the need to ask something so incredibly stupid? talking for the sake of having something to say is not the business.

Will_B

« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2014, 02:29:24 PM »

so then tell me, why did you feel the need to ask something so incredibly stupid? talking for the sake of having something to say is not the business.

I said if you think prime Kurupt > Nas then you must think his best tracks are better than Illmatic. Its not what I think

Sccit

« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2014, 02:46:11 PM »

I said if you think prime Kurupt > Nas then you must think his best tracks are better than Illmatic. Its not what I think

I said that's what I prefer .. I'd bump dogg food over illamatic any day. Both classics tho.