Author Topic: is Kanye the most over rated rapper of all time?  (Read 772 times)

Hack Wilson - real

is Kanye the most over rated rapper of all time?
« on: October 05, 2014, 04:59:56 PM »
i'm starting to think so

Remedy360

Re: is Kanye the most over rated rapper of all time?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 08:26:50 PM »
For all the credit he gets I guess it's going in that direction. He did put out three good albums but of course the whole thing has been blown out of the water. He was a great producer on top of his rapping so I give him credit for bringing the whole package to the table, but the act has definitely gotten old. One of my old roomates practically worshipped the guy and that made me hate dislike him even more lol

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 08:34:04 PM »
and he doesn't write his lyrics

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 09:14:58 PM »
Not at all. His first three albums are great. Wayne is hands down most overrated for everything he's done after Tha Carter III and the recognition he gets from mainstream fans since that time.

doggfather

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 11:47:18 PM »
yes he is withpout a question.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 08:14:14 AM »
I'd say Wayne and Jay are more overrated

granted Jay-Z does have a few classics under his belt, Kanye at one point did have the compete package as far as being a producer/rapper but I don't see anybody out there putting him in their top 5s like they do with the others I just mentioned

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 08:43:59 AM »

granted Jay-Z does have a few classics under his belt, Kanye at one point did have the compete package as far as being a producer/rapper but I don't see anybody out there putting him in their top 5s like they do with the others I just mentioned

kanye doesnt write his rhymes though

never has

Will_B

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 09:02:01 AM »
He's up there with Crooked I yes

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 10:36:00 AM »

never has

I can believe he wrote his first 2 albums, maybe started getting guidance from others and utilizing ideas/lyrics on his third album and on...

Eazy E wasn't a rapper either, Snoop hasn't written shit in a decade

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 10:45:17 AM »

never has

I can believe he wrote his first 2 albums, maybe started getting guidance from others and utilizing ideas/lyrics on his third album and on...

Rhymefest wrote Kanye's best music for him

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 11:01:06 AM »

never has

I was going to say that. Rhyme fest wrote the majority of 'College Dropout' and if you listen to fest's album 'blue collar' you can pick off the flow, cadence and pun styles pretty easily. However I think it was mutual and a decent trade because kanye supplied him some pretty serious productions efforts. Rhyme fest has a Grammy I believe for writing 'Jesus walks'.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 11:13:41 AM »

never has

I was going to say that. Rhyme fest wrote the majority of 'College Dropout' and if you listen to fest's album 'blue collar' you can pick off the flow, cadence and pun styles pretty easily. However I think it was mutual and a decent trade because kanye supplied him some pretty serious productions efforts. Rhyme fest has a Grammy I believe for writing 'Jesus walks'.

but Fest never got to blow up from it despite being 100x more talented

Remedy360

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 12:28:35 PM »

never has

but Fest never got to blow up from it despite being 100x more talented
Making it big in rap is about a hell of a lot more than your lyrics though. Of course I wish Rhymefest could've blown up instead but Kanye obviously did everything in his power to appeal to mainstream audiences.

Al Bundy

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 01:47:05 PM »
I don't really read about Kanye's mic skills as much as his production skills so I don't think he's over rated. I don't think he's that great though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 01:47:18 PM »
but I don't see anybody out there putting him in their top 5s like they do with the others I just mentioned

Pretty much the ONLY standard to judge someone being overrated too lol.

If nobody says he's the best, why does that make him overrated?