Author Topic: DJ Quik - The Midnight Life (Discussion Thread)  (Read 7378 times)

westside159

Re: DJ Quik - The Midnight Life (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2014, 10:17:10 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/adV_RaeayRc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/adV_RaeayRc</a>

We are still waiting for that DJ Quik & MC Eiht collabo album called "The Legends Of Compton " 8) 8) 8) 8)

DJSpin

« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2014, 02:07:01 PM »
After listening to the Midnight Life for weeks, and then also relistening to Book of David.....I must say Book of David is Waugh betterr

I like tracks on both, but the good ones on book of David have better beats and lyrics which I now appreciate even more.

Still have both on shuffle daily though!

Will_B

« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2014, 02:15:10 PM »
After listening to the Midnight Life for weeks, and then also relistening to Book of David.....I must say Book of David is Waugh betterr

I like tracks on both, but the good ones on book of David have better beats and lyrics which I now appreciate even more.

Book of David is def a grower

Matty

« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2014, 03:00:52 PM »

this is a grower too, i'm appreciating the crisp sound quik went for and you can just crank the bass up and it sounds great. bet it sounds really good on those beats headphones. having said that, if book of david is a 8/10 this is still a 7, 7.5 at best.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:08:57 PM by Matty »

Will_B

« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2014, 03:06:21 PM »

this is a grower too, i'm appreciating the crisp sound quik went for for and you can just crank the bass up and it sounds great. bet it sounds really good on those beats headphones. having said that, if book of david is a 8/10 this is still a 7, 7.5 at best.

For me

BOD 6/10
Midnight Life 5.5/10

Matty

« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2014, 03:10:34 PM »

this is a grower too, i'm appreciating the crisp sound quik went for for and you can just crank the bass up and it sounds great. bet it sounds really good on those beats headphones. having said that, if book of david is a 8/10 this is still a 7, 7.5 at best.

For me

BOD 6/10
Midnight Life 5.5/10

seems like being a big quik fan equates to an extra 20% enjoyment of these albums :laugh: :coffee:

Will_B

« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2014, 03:18:45 PM »

For me

BOD 6/10
Midnight Life 5.5/10

seems like being a big quik fan equates to an extra 20% enjoyment of these albums :laugh: :coffee:

20% more Quik baby :cheers:

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2014, 12:29:04 PM »
the album and the song life jacket have really grown on me.

i HATED life jacket at first.

sleeper gem of the album is jois song why did you have to lie.

Sccit

« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2014, 12:32:44 PM »
^yea, that bitch can sing......life jacket is still the whackest on the album for me, wit that hoe singin off key n shit

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2014, 12:48:37 PM »
the chorus gets stuck in my head at work...then as soon as i get to the car i jam that shit.

its got a really clean sound that didnt quite hit me over computer speakers. i had to hear it in the car and in the lab. that talk box doe.....

Sccit

« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2014, 01:03:22 PM »
yea, not guna lie, shits catchy as fuck....and its not the worst, i still play it from time 2 time. but that bitches singin abilities, smh....sounds like one of them reality star bitches who try out singin (ficcaz wit fees will know what im talkin bout)

westside159

« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2014, 04:26:35 PM »
^yea, that bitch can sing......life jacket is still the whackest on the album for me, wit that hoe singin off key n shit

Keep it real , ya'll know The Midnight Life was a bad album meaning not good . Life Jacket is a decent song from this album , that song and Puffin The Dragon stood out for me , the rest is filler .

Sccit

« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2014, 04:36:41 PM »
life jacket is the song i like least from the album...the album is dope. duno what ur goin on about, but the production is on-point all the way through.

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2014, 04:58:49 PM »
The hook on Life Jacket is off but the song is classic otherwise.

Blood$

« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2014, 11:58:18 PM »
the chorus gets stuck in my head at work...then as soon as i get to the car i jam that shit.

its got a really clean sound that didnt quite hit me over computer speakers. i had to hear it in the car and in the lab. that talk box doe.....

8)