Author Topic: DJ Quik - The Midnight Life (Discussion Thread)  (Read 7392 times)

westside159

Re: DJ Quik - The Midnight Life (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2014, 01:08:15 AM »
THROOOOOOOW MEEEEEEEEEEE A LIFE JACKET A LIFE JACKET THROOOOOOOOOOOOOOW MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  LMAO  ;D ;D ;D

bouli77

« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2014, 01:11:29 AM »
life jacket is the song i like least from the album...the album is dope. duno what ur goin on about, but the production is on-point all the way through.

Matty

« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2014, 11:35:07 AM »
still can't get into 'life jacket', though it's sounding better than before. talking of talkboxes...

sho nuff i said there's too much wretched shit goin on aroun here yeeah...baby 8)

Sccit

« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2014, 11:36:40 AM »
^pretty sure the lyric is "ratchet" g lol

shit slap tho

Matty

« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2014, 12:03:02 PM »

shit slap tho

you sure i listened to that quite a few times to try and hear the lyric...'wretched shit' is what i hear and it makes more sense...what does ratchet mean in that context?

anyone else wanna weigh in....wretched or ratchet shit? :laugh: 8)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:20:41 PM by Matty »

Fresh Bone

« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2014, 12:35:26 PM »
Keep it real , ya'll know The Midnight Life was a bad album meaning not good . Life Jacket is a decent song from this album , that song and Puffin The Dragon stood out for me , the rest is filler .

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2014, 12:37:26 PM »
i gave the album another go today i find "back that shit up"  brilliant ; i use poweramp on my smartphone it equalize just right imo
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

westside159

« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2014, 12:53:21 PM »
i gave the album another go today i find "back that shit up"  brilliant ; i use poweramp on my smartphone it equalize just right imo

Back that shit up ? Shit is terrible , really . That song is very unoriginal and reptitive .

Matty

« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2014, 01:11:18 PM »

yeah shits dope, especially the last verse where the funky sounds get more wild and the beat switches up. some casual listeners and a few peeps on other forums were really feeling that track too. one of the more innovative productions to my ears, on an album that isn't short on fresh sounds either.

Sccit

« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2014, 03:30:07 PM »

shit slap tho

you sure i listened to that quite a few times to try and hear the lyric...'wretched shit' is what i hear and it makes more sense...what does ratchet mean in that context?

lol its an american thing, brodie...when he sayin "quit showin your ass" he talkin to the ratchets

Matty

« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2014, 04:00:59 PM »

shit slap tho

lol its an american thing, brodie...when he sayin "quit showin your ass" he talkin to the ratchets

lol cool makes sense then. still gonna be hearing 'wretched' though :P

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #131 on: November 29, 2014, 04:39:37 PM »
one thing about the album i dont like is on pet cemetary the roll over on your stomach take a dildo till you vomit line is such a disgusting couplet put up against some beautiful production lol

Matty

« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2014, 10:51:04 PM »
don't facetime at night that's blair witch :stir:

Will_B

« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2014, 03:56:51 AM »
one thing about the album i dont like is on pet cemetary the roll over on your stomach take a dildo till you vomit line is such a disgusting couplet put up against some beautiful production lol

Thats Quik homie! He borderline ruins his production a lot lately

bouli77

« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2014, 03:58:33 AM »
back that shit up is among my favorite tracks off the album, sounds really crisp and modern with a vintage westcoast twist.