Author Topic: ROYCE DA 5'9 & DJ PREMIER "PRhyme" Album cover + tracklist + discussion thread  (Read 4506 times)

Sccit

i still never bought this CD.  lol

U SHOULD, ITS EASILY ONE OF THE BEST OF 2014

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

doggfather

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

doggfather

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

doggfather

Re: ROYCE DA 5'9 & DJ PREMIER "PRhyme" Album cover + tracklist + discussion thread
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2015, 01:08:11 AM »
wow, PRhymeTWO from Royce twitter!

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Marco

West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Sccit

Re: ROYCE DA 5'9 & DJ PREMIER "PRhyme" Album cover + tracklist + discussion thread
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2015, 09:27:12 AM »
THIS HAS 2 BE ONE OF THE MOST SLEPT ON ALBUMS IN A MINUTE

DRGNBLZN

« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2015, 10:22:04 AM »
THIS HAS 2 BE ONE OF THE MOST SLEPT ON ALBUMS IN A MINUTE

Blood$

« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2015, 08:14:11 PM »
haven't bumped this in a few months but agreed with the 2 above posts

their set at SXSW was dope as hell too

Marco

Royce da 5'9" talks PRhyme 2, Solo Albums and getting Eminem on a DJ Premier beat

Late last week, Royce Da 5’9″ appeared on the hip hop, boxing, MMA and pro wrestling podcast “The Corner” to talk about Floyd Mayweather’s supposed final fight (Nickle is a huge boxing fan) but also revealed a ton of news regarding his upcoming work with DJ Premier (PRhyme 2), Slaughterhouse, two solo projects, Bad Meets Evil and finally getting Eminem on a DJ Premier track. The interview starts at the 1:00 mark and go to the 1:27 mark for the hip hop conversation.

On the new Slaughterhouse album:
I gotta go to NYC on the 15th of this month and go over these last mixes for the Slaughterhouse album. Just Blaze is mixing right now. We’ll tighten up whatever we have to tighten up and we’re handing the album in.

It’s really introspective and vintage slaughterhouse. Just Blaze is a great executive producer with a lot of great ideas. He has this shit sounding like a movie. I think people are going to be really impressed. A lot of complaints that people had with the last album, which I was able to go back and catch in retrospect. Sometimes, man, as a creative person, you don’t catch everything. You don’t hear it the same way because it’s a situation will have you excited and at that time we had so many people talking like we couldn’t make records. So we were going in making these big ass records and I don’t know how all of them ended up on the same album. I don’t even remember. I think with that album it was the song selection. We had a bunch of songs that just didn’t make the final cut. We’re really conscious of that this time. People will be impressed and it will exceed expectations.

On dropping 4-5 projects in the next year:
Once I get back from this quick Slaughterhouse tour I’m going to get back to work on this solo project I have for a new series I’m starting. It’s kind of like how I did the Bar Exam series. Right after I’m done with that I’m jumping into the PRhyme 2 album and then I’m taking my other solo project, that’s not part of that series, probably to a major.

I’m looking to put out the Slaughterhouse album, the PRhyme Deluxe album, which is done right now, my solo album, that series and maybe something else within the course of the next year. I’m making up for the time I sat out the past two years.

On new Bad Meets Evil material:
The Bad Meets Evil stuff we look forward to doing it. I’ve gotta be in Detriot long enough and he has to be free then we just kind of have to be hanging out to do it because that’s how we did the last one. I had some songs he liked that he rapped on and he had some songs I liked. We just put them all together and did some more stuff and put the album out. When you’re friends with somebody who has their own label and they can do whatever they want to do that’s how it goes. It’s always a possibility. I haven’t spoken with him about that lately but I am supposed be going to see him soon and play him some music. I have a lot of music that he hasn’t heard so we just gotta kind of get together and update each other on everything.

On getting Eminem on a DJ Premier beat:
Em is the type who’ll say “why didn’t you ask to get me on this?” I don’t want to bother him. I try not to abuse friendships and make him feel like he has to rap on shit just because I’m doing it. That’s why I didn’t ask him to be on the first PRhyme album. Maybe the second one. That’s all I’m hearing. Everyone wants to hear him on a DJ Premier track so that’s definitely possibility.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:15:18 PM by Jay Z »
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

dnjp4life

^Good shit.  A lot of interesting stuff on the way by the looks of it.

doggfather

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ