Author Topic: Napoleon - Have Mercy (Produced by Johnny J)  (Read 2643 times)

OG The Cricket Loc

• 'G'
  • EFCC CEBUZ MOST WANTED
Re: Napoleon - Have Mercy (Produced by Johnny J)
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2014, 05:33:52 AM »
Couple things that needs to be cleared about Napoleon's album:

First of all, when Napoleon started to work on his solo album back in 2003 it was supposed to be called "Scriptures From A Thugz Point of View" and Johnny 'J' was just one of the producers for the album. It was supposed to be 1 CD with 15/16 songs with features from Hellraza, Caz, Devin The Dude, Sean Paul and Diplomats. Napoleon's group - United Slaves (with Dubb Union's Bad Lucc being one of the members) were also featured on the cd.

First single was supposed to be "Never Forget" (the original version) but durning the recording of the album the whole concept has changed and Napoleon decided to scrap the whole project and started to record a new album called "Have Mercy", which was supposed to be produced entirely by Johnny 'J' and released in April 2004 with "Never Forget" (Johnny 'J' version) being the main single. The United Slaves Mixtape was supposed to be released a month prior to the album release as a part of promotion.

Then the album got delayed again until August 2004 and new single was picked up to get the hype going - "Fast Life" with Barrington Levy (there was also video planned to be made for the record). The album was completed, mixed and mastered but before it got chance to be released - Napoleon left the rap game for good so it got shelved permanently...

Most of the tracks from my bootleg and United Slaves Mixtape are tracks taken from the first version of the album, when it was still called "Scriptures From A Thugz Point of View" (including "Patronize"). According to Napoleon himself - "Patronize" and "Never Forget" didn't make the final tracklist and were put out on the B-Side of "Fast Life" single that was going to be released shortly before the album release as a promotional/collectors item in limited number of physical copies.

The REAL "Have Mercy" album is a double-disc CD 24 tracks total with features from Barrington Levy, Jon B, Aman, Hellraza and Val Young. Produced entirely by Johnny 'J' who also served as a executive for the project, it was going to be released via Klock Work Entertainment and distributed by Atlantic Records.

Here's the Disc 1 tracklist:

01. Intro
02. Oh No!
03. In Charge
04. Fast Life (feat. Barrington Levy)
05. Have Mercy (feat. Aman)
06. Thin Line
07. Room 2 Shine
08. Approach U
09. True Outlaw
10. Countin' Money
11. A Message
12. Outro

:)

Aite nigga ... Do you have DL link? Props

I was raised by thugs, schooled by killers
Learned my mathematics skills from real drug dealers

PUT SLUGS IN THEM R&B THUGS

FUCK soowoop CLICK CLACK BAAAANG

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2014, 07:51:21 AM »
thanks for the info Mietek, didn't know alot of that stuff

1. do you have the tracklist of CD2?
I have a couple of Napoleon songs and I'm curious if any of them made the final tracklist

2. btw, do you know the song title of the song with Jim Jones?
I guess that one was recorded for Scriptures
I have it but don't know the name

3. So the original Never Forget (a.k.a. From Us To You) was not produced by Johnny J?
Do you know who produced that one?

Mietek23

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2014, 12:28:39 PM »
thanks for the info Mietek, didn't know alot of that stuff

1. do you have the tracklist of CD2?
I have a couple of Napoleon songs and I'm curious if any of them made the final tracklist

2. btw, do you know the song title of the song with Jim Jones?
I guess that one was recorded for Scriptures
I have it but don't know the name

3. So the original Never Forget (a.k.a. From Us To You) was not produced by Johnny J?
Do you know who produced that one?

1. No, unfortunately I only got to hear the first disc couple of years ago - never got the chance to glimpse over @ CD 2, but from what I know "Had 2 Struggle" is def on there along with "Lil' Mama", which was considered to be another single off the album (it got even released as a Promo CDS in very limited edition back in 2004).

2. Yes, the track with Jim Jones was recorded for "Scriptures From A Thugz Point of View" - I have it labeled as "Bomb First" but the tittle could be fake, never liked it tho so I could care less.

3. Yes, the OG version of "Never Forget" wasen't produced by Johnny 'J' and it didn't featured Val Young - John Torres was doing the hook, don't knot who produced it tho.

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2014, 01:19:01 PM »
2. Yes, the track with Jim Jones was recorded for "Scriptures From A Thugz Point of View" - I have it labeled as "Bomb First" but the tittle could be fake, never liked it tho so I could care less.

sorry for the confusion, I forgot that they did 2 songs together
"Bomb First" is the song that came out on a Dipset mixtape
there is another song they did together (which I think is the one that was meant for the album)
I was referring to the other song

Smoke

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2014, 04:22:35 PM »
So, nobody has this album? :(

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2014, 04:42:55 PM »
Couple things that needs to be cleared about Napoleon's album:

First of all, when Napoleon started to work on his solo album back in 2003 it was supposed to be called "Scriptures From A Thugz Point of View" and Johnny 'J' was just one of the producers for the album. It was supposed to be 1 CD with 15/16 songs with features from Hellraza, Caz, Devin The Dude, Sean Paul and Diplomats. Napoleon's group - United Slaves (with Dubb Union's Bad Lucc being one of the members) were also featured on the cd.

First single was supposed to be "Never Forget" (the original version) but durning the recording of the album the whole concept has changed and Napoleon decided to scrap the whole project and started to record a new album called "Have Mercy", which was supposed to be produced entirely by Johnny 'J' and released in April 2004 with "Never Forget" (Johnny 'J' version) being the main single. The United Slaves Mixtape was supposed to be released a month prior to the album release as a part of promotion.

Then the album got delayed again until August 2004 and new single was picked up to get the hype going - "Fast Life" with Barrington Levy (there was also video planned to be made for the record). The album was completed, mixed and mastered but before it got chance to be released - Napoleon left the rap game for good so it got shelved permanently...

Most of the tracks from my bootleg and United Slaves Mixtape are tracks taken from the first version of the album, when it was still called "Scriptures From A Thugz Point of View" (including "Patronize"). According to Napoleon himself - "Patronize" and "Never Forget" didn't make the final tracklist and were put out on the B-Side of "Fast Life" single that was going to be released shortly before the album release as a promotional/collectors item in limited number of physical copies.

The REAL "Have Mercy" album is a double-disc CD 24 tracks total with features from Barrington Levy, Jon B, Aman, Hellraza and Val Young. Produced entirely by Johnny 'J' who also served as a executive for the project, it was going to be released via Klock Work Entertainment and distributed by Atlantic Records.

Here's the Disc 1 tracklist:

01. Intro
02. Oh No!
03. In Charge
04. Fast Life (feat. Barrington Levy)
05. Have Mercy (feat. Aman)
06. Thin Line
07. Room 2 Shine
08. Approach U
09. True Outlaw
10. Countin' Money
11. A Message
12. Outro

:)

thanks for the info

what about his songs with Jim Jones?  i got a rare one that's still not leaked yet

OG The Cricket Loc

• 'G'
  • EFCC CEBUZ MOST WANTED
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2014, 11:42:34 PM »
^ you aint got shit

Mietek23

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2014, 01:33:45 AM »

Some dudes have it - I had a chance to buy it couple years back but the price was too ridiculous for me - there's always chance it will leak one day ;)

Smoke

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2014, 01:36:06 AM »
what kind of price? 1 million dollar? :D

OG The Cricket Loc

• 'G'
  • EFCC CEBUZ MOST WANTED
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2014, 02:49:17 AM »

Some dudes have it - I had a chance to buy it couple years back but the price was too ridiculous for me - there's always chance it will leak one day ;)

My nigga do you have the full version of Thin line? Hook a nigga up. I sent you a PM but never got a reply nigga, sup with that?

Mietek23

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2014, 06:27:27 AM »

No, it was something like 5k - don't remember correctly, but it was waaay to ridiculous for me when it comes to buying music.

My nigga do you have the full version of Thin line? Hook a nigga up. I sent you a PM but never got a reply nigga, sup with that?

First of all, I ain't no "nigga" dude - second of all, right now I don't have any intentions to post anything from that CD aside from a album sampler I may put together soon..

Enya

• 'G'
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2014, 08:13:38 AM »
Mietek do u know if the album version of Had 2 Stuggle features that wack ass irish guy?
Visit Tha Realest's fan forum!
http://tharealest.forumer.com/index.php

Also visit the official website.
http://www.tharealest.com/

Smoke

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2014, 08:45:39 AM »

No, it was something like 5k - don't remember correctly, but it was waaay to ridiculous for me when it comes to buying music.

First of all, I ain't no "nigga" dude - second of all, right now I don't have any intentions to post anything from that CD aside from a album sampler I may put together soon..

So have you got the first disc of Have Mercy Og album version?
If you dont wanna leak it, can i buy a copy ? :)

OG The Cricket Loc

• 'G'
  • EFCC CEBUZ MOST WANTED
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2014, 09:04:14 AM »

So have you got the first disc of Have Mercy Og album version?

He aint givin shit for free nigga ... Lmfao cheap mother fucker. But I bet he aint got shit... Prove me wrong miewhatever

Mietek23

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2014, 01:10:22 PM »
Mietek do u know if the album version of Had 2 Stuggle features that wack ass irish guy?

Yes, Cabo was friends with Napoleon and to my knowledge - this is the album version that was recorded in Klock Work studios.

No, I don't - I have couple tracks.

He aint givin shit for free nigga ... Lmfao cheap mother fucker. But I bet he aint got shit... Prove me wrong miewhatever

I ain't got to prove SHIT to nobody - if it wasen't for me putting this bootleg together decade ago you wouldn't even hear it in the first place.

I upped enough free material over the years for the people, but of course - there's always dudes like you who want more and more.