Author Topic: Wu Tang 36 Chambers Sound Quality  (Read 458 times)

KURUPTION-81

Wu Tang 36 Chambers Sound Quality
« on: October 17, 2014, 02:47:36 PM »
I've got the one released in 93, i think there is another version released in 99 (it has a different asin) .

Does anyone know if the version from 99 is louder or remastered ?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 02:54:01 PM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Wu Tang 36 Chambers Sound Quality
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 06:57:57 PM »
good Q, no idea

dnjp4life

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 03:08:35 AM »
It used to annoy me that the sonic quality on '36 Chambers' was so bad compared to other albums in my collection but then you remember that it was recorded using basic equipment and was kept that way in the mastering stages to retain a raw and rugged New York sound.
Apparently they have employed the same techniques on their album that is getting auctioned off.  They've tried to make it in keeping with that sound as closely as possible.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 10:40:31 AM »
It used to annoy me that the sonic quality on '36 Chambers' was so bad compared to other albums in my collection but then you remember that it was recorded using basic equipment and was kept that way in the mastering stages to retain a raw and rugged New York sound.
Apparently they have employed the same techniques on their album that is getting auctioned off.  They've tried to make it in keeping with that sound as closely as possible.

really??  that's cool to know.

Efrain

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 11:49:43 AM »

36 Chambers was never even mastered according to Rza. Pretty crazy when you think about it but makes sense when listening. Volume is so low.

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 11:52:23 PM »
besides having to turn the speakers all the way up to bump the album I always loved the rawness of it

but some sort of remaster would be dope as long as it doesn't sound too polished up

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 10:21:58 AM »

36 Chambers was never even mastered according to Rza. Pretty crazy when you think about it but makes sense when listening. Volume is so low.

Any chance of making it your next project ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Efrain

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 05:00:24 PM »
I'll take a crack at it! Hopefully it sounds good. I'll post some samples this week.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 01:44:31 PM »
I'll take a crack at it! Hopefully it sounds good. I'll post some samples this week.

Props

THEV1LL4N

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 09:07:03 AM »
Looking forward to it.