Author Topic: Hiphopsite tells the truth about Fabolous new CD !!! Don't miss this NIK!!  (Read 439 times)

Jome

HipHopSite Review

"Street Dreams are made of these, niggas push beamers and 300 E's, everybody's looking for something."  With those sentiments and a flossy big budget video from Hype Williams, Nas  went from Nasty to Esco and helped usher in hip-hop's pretty boy thug era. Undoubtedly influenced by those words, Fabolous, has taken a cue from Nasir Jones as his Street Dreams are every bit as flossy as a rotund Robin Leach in his prime.

With a certified platinum debut, Ghetto Fabolous, already locked securely under his Mitchell & Ness throwback, F-A-B plays it safe and goes the cookie-cutter route with his sophomore effort.  With his appendages (picture an urban rendition of N-Sync) being pulled in the same commercial direction by both Elektra and Desert Storm (platinum or bust) Fab's Street Dreams are every bit as scripted and redundant as American Idol.  While Fab posses a likeable cool exterior, his return is not marked by the expected ration of bankable singles or slick wordplay.  Rather, Street Dreams is highlighted by the fact that Fab nightmarishly no longer has the Neptunes (as he said reportedly the beats they suggested for this album were too "sing-songy"), or Timbaland sliding him their combustible (add lyrics and package for mass consumption) production, which results in Fab's candy-coated forays losing flavor quicker then you can say Bubbalicious.

Lavishing in the luxuries of his own riches, Fab spends the majority of his sophomore effort coasting on autopilot; lacing himself and his mistresses ("Damn" and "Can't Let You Go" feat. Mike Shorey and Lil' Mo) with enough ice to procure home visits from Jacob The Jeweler.  And though Fab's witty repoitoire oft-times overcomes these deficiencies ("with an ass so big you can't fit it in Hammer pants") hip hop's most consistent entities, or those with the longest staying power, seem to always find a way, even if slightly, to reinvent themselves and when Fab leaves the excess behind he's more moving; "Change You Or Change Me" and the reworking of Mary J. Blige's "My Life" where Kanye West refreshes the R&B classic by adding a healthy dose of keyboard grooves and automated shakers.  And surely it does not bode well for Fab that Street Dreams most impressive moments "Keepin It Gangsta" feat. Lox & M.O.P.  and "Trading It All Part 2" feat. P. Diddy and Jagged Edge are remix and Soundtrack efforts that have already been widely circulated (da-da-dayum).  

On "Not Give A Fuck" Fab proclaims "fly enough to do better/but pimp enough to not give a fuck/old enough to know better/but young enough to not give a fuck."  Herein lays the problem.

HHS Rating: @@1/2 of 5

Review By: Matt Conaway

Jome

Do I have to make this sticky ??
I'm warning yall!!! This gon get ugly!

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
lmao''

its the truth

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Wow...I really care...Didn't Vibe give Warren G's last album 1/5?...I guess we should all hate Warren G now...PeACe

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
Wow...I really care...Didn't Vibe give Warren G's last album 1/5?...I guess we should all hate Warren G now...PeACe

good point...
one review doesnt mean shit

kick ass album

Jome

You'd look good to find a good review of this album.. maybe a teenybopper site would praise it..  :P

Now_Im_Not_Banned

You'd look good to find a good review of this album.. maybe a teenybopper site would praise it..  :P

Teeny Boppers? Ummmm, No...I think all of the Brooklyn heads dig Fabolous's work...Try again.

Jome

I think all of the Brooklyn heads dig Fabolous's work...

LoL
Maybe that's why you can't understand why they love 50 Cent..

Lmao @ "try again"

legend

• Lil Geezy
now this ain't no diss but what i find it funny is how the hell is somebody from norway is gonna school somebody from los angeles when it comes to hip-hop?? it just doesn't make sense to me. its kinda like a white dude trying to teach a chinese dude how to make chinese food lol

Jome

now this ain't no diss but what i find it funny is how the hell is somebody from norway is gonna school somebody from los angeles when it comes to hip-hop?? it just doesn't make sense to me. its kinda like a white dude trying to teach a chinese dude how to make chinese food lol

Watch and learn d00d..
Who the hell are you btw, coming at me sideways like that ?

It's not where you from, it's where you at..  ;)

That L.A.-dude thought Redman was from the West, how's that for a start ?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Who thought Redman was from the West?

Jome, please shut up or I'll be forced to strangle you...You don't know Hip-Hop...I am Hip-Hop...You think 50 Cent is a dope MC...'Nuff Said

Jome

Jome, please shut up or I'll be forced to strangle you...You don't know Hip-Hop...I am Hip-Hop...You think 50 Cent is a dope MC...'Nuff Said

::)

You think Fabolous is a dope MC, ..nuff said.

Hey "legend", you can't have been long on this board...
This L.A.-dude gets clowned on this board more than Benzino does on a Shady-board.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

::)

You think Fabolous is a dope MC, ..nuff said.

Hey "legend", you can't have been long on this board...
This L.A.-dude gets clowned on this board more than Benzino does on a Shady-board.

Nobody here "clowns" me when it comes to Hip-Hop knowledge...I know more Hip-Hop than the whole board combined...Even my haters admit that...Geez man, you're killing yourself...Please go read up on MCing...The Multi-Sylabuls and Punches that Fabolous brings are considered dope in the Hip-Hop world...Goodnight.

Jome

Nobody here "clowns" me when it comes to Hip-Hop knowledge...I know more Hip-Hop than the whole board combined...Even my haters admit that...Geez man, you're killing yourself...Please go read up on MCing...The Multi-Sylabuls and Punches that Fabolous brings are considered dope in the Hip-Hop world...Goodnight.

* Everybody clowns you for being a stuckup arrogant teen kid, proven by yourself in the previous post.
" know more Hip-Hop than the whole board combined" yeah right..  ::)

* Try pronouncing "SYLLABLE" right the next time, or go back to school and teach it proper.
How you gon school anybody in hiphop when you can't even master your own language ?

* Fabolous is still wack

legend

• Lil Geezy

Watch and learn d00d..
Who the hell are you btw, coming at me sideways like that ?

It's not where you from, it's where you at..  ;)

That L.A.-dude thought Redman was from the West, how's that for a start ?

no man i wasn't trying to diss you, i was just pointing out that its rare that you see somebody outside the u.s. schooling somebody who is from the u.s. when it comes to hip-hop. i'm pretty sure you are knowledged and all, but to be honest most people in america would laugh if they said dude from norway is representing hip-hop. sad but those are the reactions from common people.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2003, 10:06:42 PM by legend »