Author Topic: Quik made me revisit Mack 10 discography...let's go  (Read 575 times)

Mr. Theo

Quik made me revisit Mack 10 discography...let's go
« on: October 21, 2014, 06:20:21 AM »
"The Conduct" is a banger...it's good to see Mack 10 back (after his health problem)

I'm excited with his new album, the possible entitled "Return of The Chicken Hawk"..i think if he put some Quik beats..FredWreck..Khalil..Bink.. 1500 Or Nothing..it will be good!!.

Then, when i heard Conduct..i'm listened all Mack 10 albums..in order..

Mack 10 (1995) - West Coast Classic!!

Based on a True Story (1997) - Another West Classic

The Recipe (1998) - Too Many features...but another great album.

Paper Route (2000) - Average album...very radio friendly music...

Bang or Ball (2001) - Average..Mack was signed with Cash Money at time..many Cash Money artists on the album...some southern sounds..but the album is decent

Mack 10 Presents da Hood (2002) - it's like a compilation...poor album

Ghetto, Gutter & Gangsta (2003) - despite the awful cover ...it's a very very solid album..

Hustla's Handbook (2005) - Pure talent . Mack 10 back in great form in this . Fredwreck all over the place. (produce,mixing, engineer) Fred it's pure talent

Soft White (2009) - Half West Coast, Half Radio Friendly album...still enjoyable (without Lil Wayne verse) hahahhaa

Mack and Malone (2011) - Young Producers..this album sounds 1000x better now in 2014..than when it was released.

Great career of Mack 10
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:23:05 AM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

doggfather

Re: Quik made me revisit Mack 10 discography...let's go
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 06:37:46 AM »
he's one of my favs all time. (he's one of my 4 horses  ;D )

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 11:41:21 AM »
Mack 10 is that nigga. Dude was by far one of the most consistent artist we had in the 90s. Doesn't get much credit because he wasn't the most radio friendly guy out and he was seen as Cube's lil homie. I wish a collabo with Quik would've happened earlier and more often but can't complain about the outcome.

Mack 10, Tash, B-Real, Bad Azz = 4 of my favorite guys that just don't get the credit they deserve, even on this forum.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Mr. Theo

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 12:21:09 PM »
Mack 10 is that nigga. Dude was by far one of the most consistent artist we had in the 90s. Doesn't get much credit because he wasn't the most radio friendly guy out and he was seen as Cube's lil homie. I wish a collabo with Quik would've happened earlier and more often but can't complain about the outcome.

Mack 10, Tash, B-Real, Bad Azz = 4 of my favorite guys that just don't get the credit they deserve, even on this forum.

Imagine a super group..DJ Quik - Mack 10 - B-Real...Compton - Inglewood - South Gate

All bloods, different stylez... interesting

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 04:02:10 PM »
his first 2 albums is classics. the recipe is ok.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 07:54:31 PM »
Yall gotta stop frontin, Bang or Ball was dope. I was scared as shit he was going to deliver us a 2nd coming of "Da Game is to Be Sold..." when he went to Cash Money but the album was solid, even the CMR features were fine (So Serious, Let the Thugs in the Club, etc).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

doggfather

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 03:13:57 AM »
his first 2 albums is classics. the recipe is ok.

yeah, that album is more like a compilation than a solo.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

bouli77

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 10:24:04 AM »

word, mack 10 gets too much hate, i've seen peeps say "never heard a good song from him", dude had one of the cleanest deliveries. granted he's not mindblowing, but he has a very simple, yet efficient style, and i like his penmanship, not that he's an excellent lyricist or anything but dude can rhyme.

B-Real isn't underrated, though, he's a bona fide hip hop legend who gets accolades wherever he goes.

bang or ball was decent, mannie fresh produced the shit out of this album.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 04:50:07 PM »

word, mack 10 gets too much hate, i've seen peeps say "never heard a good song from him", dude had one of the cleanest deliveries. granted he's not mindblowing, but he has a very simple, yet efficient style, and i like his penmanship, not that he's an excellent lyricist or anything but dude can rhyme.

B-Real isn't underrated, though, he's a bona fide hip hop legend who gets accolades wherever he goes.

bang or ball was decent, mannie fresh produced the shit out of this album.
agreed. I still think he should've had less mannie fresh though.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

smp4life

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 01:12:17 AM »