Author Topic: list of rappers that got whooped by Suge or Death Row  (Read 1390 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: list of rappers that got whooped by Suge or Death Row
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2014, 04:47:28 PM »
Warren also told the Source Magazine the He was the start of death row, by bringing Snoop and Nate and by extention Daz, to the table. Supposedly, Suge sent goons that broke into Warren's house and threatened him in his bedroom. The message being don't ever try to take credit for Suges' label.
where did the rumour about breaking into warrens house came from?
read have gun will travel.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2014, 05:39:36 PM »
From hiphopdx:

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/interviews/id.1392/title.warren-g-the-g-code

---------------------
DX: Since were talking about the Death Row days, can we just address one piece of longstanding folklore from that era involving you. Is there any truth to the story that you said something to the effect of you made Death Row to a writer from The Source and not too long after that woke up in the middle of the night to Suge Knights goons standing over your bed with guns?

Warren G: You believe that? I said it. And Ima say I said [that to The Source]. But its the other part as far as goons being, first of all, how you gon get past my dogs and my homeboys? It dont even roll like that. You gotta be a hell of a muthafucka, maybe a Navy Seal they gon even have problems trying to come get at me. [So] thats all false. And as far as any allegations of me ever getting slapped, that can go right out the window [too]. Cause I wasnt allowing that and I wont allow it. That aint me.

DX: Thats interesting you bring that up I was going through your Twitter and you just posted a couple days ago, on August 9th, you wrote @Slick_Al and by the way Suge Knight aint never put his hands on the g child and thats a fact.

Warren G: And its a fact. And Im not saying that as far as trying to start some shit saying like Im this hell of a muthafucka, but it just wasnt going down like that. And real respect the real. And thats what it was. I aint gon say, "Well nigga, you," nah, I aint into all that. And I dont have a problem with the dude. I aint got no problem with [Suge]. He aint never came and whateverHe never came trippin on me. I mean, you knowpshhh, man, look, Warren G aint never got slapped by Suge Knight. That aint gon happen. And Im not trying to act like Im this tough-ass muthafucka like the rest of these muthafuckas with the fighting and all that shit. I aint into that. I aint trying to just diss this nigga cause heEverybody get they day where they get into it and lose [a fight]. You gon lose one. So I aint one of them muthafuckas who speaking up on him cause he lost one. Suckas gon do that. Everybody talking aboutI aint got nothing against him, but I aint gon fuck with him. I fuck with Snoop. I fuck with Dre. Them my folks. And if its something happening with them, and Im there, Im with them. But all that stuff is old. Were past that. Hes a grown man. Everybody was young back in the day. Dres a grown man. Im a grown man. Snoop a grown man. Everybody else is grown. Its time to look past this stuff. He got kids. Everybody got kids. Its time to be fathers and be role models to these kids. And Im not gon spend my whole lifetime hating this man. I dont hate him. Ima move on. Ima keep pushing. I aint got time for that.
------------------
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 05:43:05 PM by ironmike »

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2014, 06:26:12 PM »
Usually the people who say "no" in that many words are fibbing. But how many people have admitted that Suge slapped them? Not many, but it's clear a lot of people got smacked.

dnjp4life

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2014, 02:39:31 AM »
Usually the people who say "no" in that many words are fibbing. But how many people have admitted that Suge slapped them? Not many, but it's clear a lot of people got smacked.

It wouldn't surprise me if Dr. Dre was beaten while there, and that it was one of the things that made him decide to leave the label.  If it's true, Dre would never admit to it though.

bigpimpin20

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2014, 05:14:05 AM »
Hip-Hop Artist Sues Death Row Records
August 09, 2001|MEG JAMES | TIMES STAFF WRITER
Email

Hip-hop producer and composer Delmar Arnaud, known in the rap world as "Daz Dillinger," has sued Death Row Records, alleging the record label and its controversial founder, Marion "Suge" Knight, cheated Arnaud out of more than $1 million.

"Death Row and Suge Knight exploited Daz shamelessly," says the lawsuit filed last week in Los Angeles County Superior Court. "They collected tens of millions of dollars in record sales and royalties. They violated agreement after agreement. . . . Greed knew no bounds at Death Row."

Death Row officials declined to comment.

Arnaud is one of Death Row's original artists, signing on with the Los Angeles record label in 1993. The company is expected to score a top 20 hit on the pop chart this week with a newly released collection from Arnaud's group, Tha Dogg Pound.

Knight was released from a federal prison in Oregon on Monday after serving five years. He was incarcerated in October 1996, when a judge determined that the burly rap kingpin had violated his probation by kicking a man during a scuffle at a Las Vegas hotel. Knight had been placed on state probation after attacking two rappers at a Hollywood recording studio in 1992.

Arnaud wrote more than 100 songs from 1993 to 1999, composing numbers for some of hip-hop's biggest names, including M.C. Hammer, Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg. According to the lawsuit, Arnaud's work generated more than $15 million in record sales during his more than seven-year association with Death Row and Knight.

The suit also contends that Arnaud was bullied into signing renegotiated contracts with Death Row in 1997 and 1998 without the benefit of an outside audit. Contract negotiations "were accompanied by the deliberate withholding of funds owed and threats of physical violence," the suit said.

Arnaud received $75,000 as an initial payment under the 1998 agreement, the suit said. The 1998 agreement was supposed to supersede earlier agreements, but the two sides disagree over whether Arnaud is owed royalties under those previous agreements.

Arnaud says Death Row failed to pay recording costs, in addition to royalties. He will not know exactly how much he is owed until Death Row's financial records are audited, the suit said.

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2014, 05:26:04 AM »
What about that Daz interview where he said Kurupt got punked and Suge was scared to step to him as he was going to stab him with a screwdriver?

DPG beef created a lot of comedy moments, esp when Kurupt was talking smack about Daz when he was full of X pills.  :D :D :D

Efrain

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2014, 08:58:58 AM »
I love all these beat-down stories. Personally I don't think Daz, Soopafly or Snoop ever got "beat-down." Kurupt may have because in the "I got ya back" book by Alexander (?) 2pac's former bodyguard, he tells how before 2pac came to DR he was Kurupt's body guard and he was always getting into trouble and getting drunk and scrapping, basically annoying people.

90% of the Ronin Ro book has been challenged so I wouldn't give much credit to it.

bigpimpin20

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2014, 09:20:39 AM »
Redrum said Snoop got beat up

Okka

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2014, 09:37:42 AM »

Redrum also said that Roscoe beat up Kurupt. Redrum is Kurupt's cousin and i feel he kind of always hated on Snoop and Kurupt for not fuckin' with him. I'm not sure if you can believe him. You never know when it comes to Death Row though. Anything could have happened. I remember watchin' the "Welcome To Death Row" documentary and i can't remember who said that there was a phone in the studio where Harry-O would call from prison and that's why people weren't supposed to use it or keep it busy and some rappers were talkin' on the phone and when Suge told them to get off of it, they said "We were invited here by Dre" and they wasn't listenin to him or somethin' like that and then Suge went to his car and got a pistol and shot the studio up. I haven't seen the documentary in years, i used to own it, but i don't have it anymore, so i can't check if that's actually how the story went. I'm sure somebody here owns the DVD and can correct me if i'm wrong. Then there's the letter from the booklet of "Too Gangsta For Radio" that supposedly from Big C-Style and Daz that said they were scared for their life or somethin' like that. I hope somebody can post the picture from the booklet because i can't remember what it says and i don't own that compilation. Big Pimpin 20 probably has it, i think you actually posted it once here if i remember right?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:48:20 AM by Okka »

bigpimpin20

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2014, 11:20:25 AM »

Redrum also said that Roscoe beat up Kurupt. Redrum is Kurupt's cousin and i feel he kind of always hated on Snoop and Kurupt for not fuckin' with him. I'm not sure if you can believe him. You never know when it comes to Death Row though. Anything could have happened. I remember watchin' the "Welcome To Death Row" documentary and i can't remember who said that there was a phone in the studio where Harry-O would call from prison and that's why people weren't supposed to use it or keep it busy and some rappers were talkin' on the phone and when Suge told them to get off of it, they said "We were invited here by Dre" and they wasn't listenin to him or somethin' like that and then Suge went to his car and got a pistol and shot the studio up. I haven't seen the documentary in years, i used to own it, but i don't have it anymore, so i can't check if that's actually how the story went. I'm sure somebody here owns the DVD and can correct me if i'm wrong. Then there's the letter from the booklet of "Too Gangsta For Radio" that supposedly from Big C-Style and Daz that said they were scared for their life or somethin' like that. I hope somebody can post the picture from the booklet because i can't remember what it says and i don't own that compilation. Big Pimpin 20 probably has it, i think you actually posted it once here if i remember right?

A few months later, in the same studio, Knight pistol- whipped aspiring rappers George and Lynwood Stanley, court documents show. They had used a studio telephone without asking Knight's permission -- an action he interpreted as a sign of disrespect. Knight pleaded no contest to assault and was given a nine-year suspended sentence, plus five years' probation.

basically everythin Big C-Style said in his interview was in that letter but in more official form.

acording to Spider Loc Eastwood was slapped by Suge
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 11:36:02 AM by bigpimpin20 »

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2014, 12:40:40 PM »
I think suge was basically slapping anybody whos a crip,
and anyone not blood affiliated.
I mean most of these people probably got smacked for speaking out, talking back, cussing and whatnot,
And then you got someone like pac who is the most outspoken of all,
And it's never heard of him getting slapped or punked by suge.
And it's not like suge would be scared to punk a small guy like pac
Just that I think he loved him so much, most probably because suge was grooming pac to be a blood,
with claiming MOB n all

Eric - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2014, 01:37:54 PM »
Eastwood got slapped, because he ran out on Bullet from Double 9 when they got jumped by a gang of bikers.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2014, 06:59:57 PM »
90% of the Ronin Ro book has been challenged so I wouldn't give much credit to it.
Most of that book was plagiarized anyway.  A lot of it was almost word-for-word jacked from various documentaries, mostly Welcome 2 Death Row.

Also, when later interviewed about her incident with Ray J, Polly (Suge's niece) claimed that she was there when Suge supposedly slapped Ray J around.

I'm sure that Daz at some point got straightened out by Suge.  Dude had a big mouth, and always puts his spin on situations.  And then there are the flat-out lies.

bigpimpin20

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2014, 04:39:27 PM »
wasnt there a story about someone wantin to beat up MC Hammer and gave him nickname The General?

The_Offence

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2014, 07:46:21 PM »
Eastwood got slapped, because he ran out on Bullet from Double 9 when they got jumped by a gang of bikers.