Author Topic: 363 days since Nima last posted here  (Read 6150 times)

Sccit

Re: 363 days since Nima last posted here
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2014, 01:02:10 AM »
^finally a good idea, will.....

yea, most forums have that tag feature as well....if you type @do buy albums, for example, it would send you a notification that you've been tagged in a thread with a link to the post. also, a way to like/dislike posts would be dope (with notifications sent for whenever someone likes/dislikes one of your posts as well).......siccness is a good example, as they utilize both these features.

Sccit

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2014, 01:05:36 AM »
yeah i think tapatalk is basically it. there might be smf2.0 mobile compatible themes though as they have a very powerful skinning system

i'll look into those kinds of things once the basic move is done.. keep talkin about em though, and if you can explain what other sites have them and show examples of how they're used i'll see a way to do it.

no floating heads like da sauce though  ;D

LOL

peep http://www.thecoli.com/forums/ .... it's probably one of the biggest and most successful hip-hop forums runnin today. they utilize all these features (tagging, like/dislike, rapper head smileys, etc.)

Don Seer

« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2014, 01:26:26 AM »
I think it'd be cool to tag other posters in comments tho (like on Facebook)......is that possible to do?

quoting to acknowledge it as something to look into, but i cant find something immediately.

you can always peep http://www.simplemachines.org & http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php

Will_B

« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2014, 01:40:02 AM »
yeah i think tapatalk is basically it. there might be smf2.0 mobile compatible themes though as they have a very powerful skinning system

i'll look into those kinds of things once the basic move is done.. keep talkin about em though, and if you can explain what other sites have them and show examples of how they're used i'll see a way to do it.

no floating heads like da sauce though  ;D

LOL

peep http://www.thecoli.com/forums/ .... it's probably one of the biggest and most successful hip-hop forums runnin today. they utilize all these features (tagging, like/dislike, rapper head smileys, etc.)

I think with some tweaks (no Lights) dubcc/dubcnn could be a better COMBO

daytondanger

« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2014, 04:20:57 AM »
Hiding Train of Thought as a child forum under the G-Spot is a poor idea...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2014, 10:33:54 AM »
All the forums that use rapper head smiles are full of bullshit.

More bullshit than pedophiles and trolls like elano? Can you actually name a popular forum that doesn't use smilies, memes and the like? Or does bullshit to you mean "a place that people actually post at."
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 10:54:53 AM by BG Rapsodie »

Will_B

« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2014, 11:16:52 AM »

More bullshit than pedophiles and trolls like elano? Can you actually name a popular forum that doesn't use smilies, memes and the like? Or does bullshit to you mean "a place that people actually post at."

I could give a damn if people are posting with nothing to say

Sccit

« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2014, 11:19:21 AM »

yea but that shouldnt get in the way of people who do have something to say and would like to have the ability to add more expression to their posts

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2014, 11:34:23 AM »

More bullshit than pedophiles and trolls like elano?

LOL!!!!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2014, 11:51:36 AM »

People post with nothing to say here already. Read the threads something.

The point is to make this a more attractive spot to be at. Bullshit is gonna get through regardless. I'm beginning to think you don't actually want dubcc to be poppin again.

Will_B

« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2014, 12:36:06 PM »
I personally don't think theres anything wrong with the forum as it is.

The main things that seem to have fucked things up is the signup process (they can't stop the spam bots from getting in so they just closed the registration). The trolls (mostly all left/got bored). And the main site dying slowly.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2014, 12:42:45 PM »
Yes def need the smileys. The coli has like 500 page thread of smileys that are constantly updated. Keeps things relevant to current events etc. Some of them are pretty funny. You can jack a bunch of theirs and also have unique ones etc. Don't know why those wouldn't be wanted.

Sccit

« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2014, 12:49:56 PM »
I personally don't think theres anything wrong with the forum as it is.

theres nothing wrong with cassette tapes either

Raphael

« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2014, 01:12:20 PM »
I found this site in 2006 through a google search but i've noticed that dubcc threads don't pop up anymore. Does it cost to have your site appear on google? That would obviously be a good way to gain new members.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2014, 01:15:30 PM »
I found this site in 2006 through a google search but i've noticed that dubcc threads don't pop up anymore. Does it cost to have your site appear on google? That would obviously be a good way to gain new members.

hmm good question