Author Topic: 363 days since Nima last posted here  (Read 6291 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: 363 days since Nima last posted here
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2014, 12:39:38 PM »

Don Seer

« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2014, 12:48:16 PM »
It's hard using an iPad!

Btw no merges yet - but figured this was an easy thing. Merges are best done with site locked and closed
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:35:58 PM by Don Seer »

BIGTIMELA

« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2014, 01:15:14 PM »
Call the new g spot "The Dub Lounge"

Sccit

« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2014, 03:55:01 PM »
a lot of the ideas in here seem on point, but like seer said, the forum needs contraction, not expansion. we can expand again once it picks back up, but for now, we need to cut down on the excess of sections and go from there...dax (black male) had some really good ideas too. but the main focus right now should be merging/eliminating dead sections.

I disagree. I'm suggesting sections based on what people actually still post about

If the forum gets scaled down any more it'll barely exist. I see nothing wrong with quiet sections. So what if no one goes to dubcc to talk about video games. It's just shit to *encourage* different topics.

If they improve the main site like I suggested, both will grow. Otherwise I can't help you guys ;)

no offense, will, but your logic makes no sense...having a "video hook-up section" (for example sake) where the last post was made in 2010 is a bad look for the forum and it drives newcomers away, considering it makes the forum appear to be dead. when you contract and merge/eliminate dead sections, activity will remain strong in each section, which creates more posts/discussion. for instance, if entertainment was part of tha g-spot instead of having its own section, then there would more than likely be more discussion on movies and television shows than there currently is. either way, the input is appreciated, but expansion is reserved for demand, and right now, things are as slow as ever. all your ideas would be great if the amount of members were fit for it. right now, we need to bring the number of active members up and contracting is the best way to create a steady flow of traffic/posts.

Sccit

« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2014, 03:59:45 PM »
My main suggestion would be to completely disregard all of will b's ideas. Dubcc is the only forum besides da sauce ive ever posted on and it taught me how to download shit without limewire and those kinda sites. In the golden age of internet piracy i had evrything and none of my friends understood how. Between that and all the classic shit thats gone on here dubcc will always have a place in my e-heart but at the samet time things change and nothing lasts forever. With the way the internet goes now forums just seem outdated. Sure theres websites like the coli and siccness but theyre just full of fags and no classic events happen that im aware of. I mean seers only ideas are to merge sections that should have happened 5 years ago, thats not gona bring in any new activty

theres hella classic shit still goin on at the-coli and siccness...take my word for it. there was a killa tay vs awax thread about a month ago that is probably a top 5 in forum history for me. the jokes goin on in there was pure comedy....the-coli recently had some "new york crip" dissin the west coast and callin some1 out to meet up and fight.. he posted his picture up with a blue rag covering his fat face, and holding what a appeared to be a 1700's era musket. needless to say, he never showed up for the fight and got shitted on by the entire forum...this shit wont die until we let it. shit stay happenin, we just gota be on top of it and keep the activity flowin. the internet is too funny for the classics not to continue.....

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2014, 08:52:01 PM »
Dubcc needs to implement the use of smilies. Not the ones we have now from 1995. The meme-worthy ones that get used at all the other major forums.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2014, 09:01:42 PM »
Also add a mobile version muthafuckas

Sccit

« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2014, 09:53:13 PM »
Dubcc needs to implement the use of smilies. Not the ones we have now from 1995. The meme-worthy ones that get used at all the other major forums.

i like this idea....only west coast rapper heads

Will_B

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2014, 11:42:04 PM »
All the forums that use rapper head smiles are full of bullshit.

Video hookup spot was used yesterday. I didn't know we even had one tho (personally I'd merge it to a global requests category)

Sccit

« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2014, 11:55:29 PM »
All the forums that use rapper head smiles are full of bullshit.

come on, will.. don't be like that.

if thats really how you feel, you probably haven't been on any forum outside of this one in a while, because most of them have started using those smileys, and they're actually good for expression in certain circumstances. i do agree that the overuse of them gets pretty whack (some posters post smileys more than they post text, and that shits overkill as fuck), but it's good to have. gotta keep current wit the times (and im as old school as it gets)..the current smileys are outdated. once again, i'll point towards the-coli as the example...they didn't have the smiley heads when they were sohh, but they adopted it after they saw da-sauce using them and are reaping the benefits of keepin wit the times.

as for video hook-up spot, no need to use a straw-man...it was used yesyerday and once in august before that.....and still has posts from 2010 on page 1. it's about as redundant as it gets, bru.

Will_B

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2014, 12:33:21 AM »
i do agree that the overuse of them gets pretty whack (some posters post smileys more than they post text, and that shits overkill as fuck)

This is the problem.

All we're gonna get is a new wave of trolling here. Thats historically why all the good posters leave.

Don Seer

« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2014, 12:39:22 AM »
Also add a mobile version muthafuckas

tapatalk support? the site seems reasonable on my ipad for posting and browsing, sucks a bit for admin stuff though.

would tapatalk cover it for you?    https://tapatalk.com/

finally some common ground with will b!
i do agree that rapper heads are mostly BS. it'd be quite funny to have some meme's based quotes or something of our own though.. maybe not quite as far as a meme generator though as there are plenty out there..

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 12:44:36 AM by Don Seer »

Sccit

« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2014, 12:49:53 AM »
^i was against the rapper head smiley back n the day too.. but after posting at forums that have it (its become a staple at pretty much all the successful hip-hop forums nowadays), it really does add to the expression aspect of posting. it's not necessary, but it will help keep the forum flowin wit the current times. you gota remeber, the new age of posters are used to this as a regularity with all the social media outlets that have advanced features etc....just based on what i've observed, it would help more than it would hurt.

as for the mobile feature, i'm not too big on technology, this forum works fine on my phone...but for those who use their smartphone 24/7, they have mobile versions of forums nowadays that make browsing on a phone easier. duno if that tapatalk is it, but it might be.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 12:52:05 AM by NIKCC »

Don Seer

« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2014, 12:54:15 AM »
yeah i think tapatalk is basically it. there might be smf2.0 mobile compatible themes though as they have a very powerful skinning system

i'll look into those kinds of things once the basic move is done.. keep talkin about em though, and if you can explain what other sites have them and show examples of how they're used i'll see a way to do it.

no floating heads like da sauce though  ;D

Will_B

« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2014, 12:55:09 AM »
People can (and do) post smileys and memes in from other servers anyway.

Most forums I've seen lately are littered with graphics and barely anyone posting real content.

I think it'd be cool to tag other posters in comments tho (like on Facebook)......is that possible to do?