Author Topic: 363 days since Nima last posted here  (Read 6144 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: 363 days since Nima last posted here
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2014, 11:38:05 PM »
if you really want to make some positive input skip the BS for once and lay down what the changes would be if you were in charge. go wild, spout your wildest fantasies, get all of your chest here and now.

just to pick on NIK as an example saying NIK ahould be admin/mod would "make things better" doesn't make a strong case.

Absolutely the first step would be to get some people in charge that actually post regularly and are invested in the forum. Doesn't have to be NIK. Anyone who will try to make this a better place will work at this point. Baby steps. Our wildest dreams don't mean shit without someone who can put time into making them happen.

I think the reason everyone is bringing up NIK is not because we like him better than other people but because he is one of the few people willing to put work in to improve the forum.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:41:06 PM by BG Rapsodie »

Don Seer

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2014, 02:12:38 AM »
ok.

1. Check NIKs status. :o

2. I won't make the other changes until the 'reopening' to make it a fresh break but if you can agree together on what forum sections need to either be moved/created/merged then we'll roll with that.

Will_B

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2014, 06:17:12 AM »
I got some proper suggestions , will post later

Its Tyme For Blunts

• Banned
  • 'G'
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2014, 09:41:29 AM »

STFU no one will care, faggot.

Will_B

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2014, 10:20:51 AM »

Don Seer

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2014, 11:57:42 AM »
Haters gon' lactate   :D

After review..Obvious troll banned  :) damn to feels good to use the banishment stick again!

:)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 12:12:15 PM by Don Seer »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2014, 12:48:14 PM »

After review..Obvious troll banned  :) damn to feels good to use the banishment stick again!

who was banned?

Quadruple OG

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2014, 01:11:10 PM »
how come a forum i had never heard of before like the coli is able to thrive??  

that place has the most posters ive ever seen

Coli used to be SOHH which was (and still is) much larger than here. Honestly surprised people still post at this graveyard, then again all these posters are stuck on Snoop Dogg trying to resurrect the West Coast like they were a decade ago.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2014, 01:12:42 PM »
the coli used to be SOHH??  now that makes sense

Don Seer

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2014, 02:35:22 PM »
cheers for clearing that up guys.. so really... has the hiphop forum game really changed?

the whole music industry and internet are different, social stuff plus a different landscape mean things just aint ever gonna be the same - even if good music did come out

who was banned?

its not blunt tyme anymore.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2014, 02:46:38 PM »

its not blunt tyme anymore.

i lol'd  :laugh:

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2014, 02:51:05 PM »
lets get this shit back on track...the game has definitely changed, but the forums out there still thriving have proved that music discussion will always have a place on the net, as long as it's done right.

good shit, tho..now we on. well get this shit sorted out n have things runnin smoothly in no time 8)

Don Seer

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2014, 02:57:56 PM »
saw on facebook via the dubcnn thingy earlier.. 15 years since 2001 dropped.................... what?!!

8)

BIGTIMELA

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2014, 07:38:41 PM »
1. Convert the  from Simple Machines to Vbulletin
2. Change the Nate Dogg section to a Dead Westcoast rappers section (pac, eazy e, mausberg, etc)
3. Make a section for pre 2000/2003 westcost rap (or change the nate dogg section into that)
4. Make the Sports section a main forum instead of a sub forum.
5. Merge the entertainment section with the g-spot.
6. Maybe merge the westcoast and outbound sections (maybe a split from new and old)
7. New forum themes.
8. Turn the elements section into a section where people can showcase there music, drawings, art, graphics, etc. Just an all around section for people to showcase shit at, and put it on the main page also.

Don Seer

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2014, 01:34:37 AM »
some really good ideas there.. merging them with my current thinking  :)

1. not vb, but the new smf

2. I did agree, but just looked and there have been 4 posts in that section all year long so I suggest we roll the postsr into the new West Coast Classics (see 3)

3. Also been thinking about that too. and that it should apply to recordings made before then, so all the lost tapes/bootleg type stuff belongs there too  West Coast Classics

4 & 5 something needs doing for sure, maybe the g-spot should be more of a sports/entertainment chit chat lounge and less of a beef zone,. fresh start, fresh name?

6 nah, but i think with '3' happening we'd have zones for current west coast connetion, thw new "West Coast Classics" and Outbound for non-west coast/other types of music
that tidies up the music side of things nicely.

7 that's what one of the major hurdles is. i learned how to do it & had a migrate of the forum running the new smf in march, but the theme thing is what was holding it back.
(there will be a few surprises here, especially for the long term members)

8. yup like the idea of a general place for creatives/arty fartys :)

Current WIP layout..

(The Connection)
  West Coast Connection  (new section)
  West Coast Classics  (all releases and stuff recorded pre up in smoke tour?  last meal? restless? ) -> rename the main section as i'd bet theres more classic talk there than not!
  Outbound Connectons (all non west-coast and other genre's)
  The Vault
(Social thingy)
  VIP Lounge  the new g-spot / sports / train of thought
  Elements  - the new arty farty forum

- need name for the new g--spot/sports/entertainment forum  (not da sauce! haha)
- need name of the new creatives / arty farty forum
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:40:34 AM by Don Seer »