Author Topic: Big K.R.I.T. - Cadillactica (anticipation / discussion thread)  (Read 1163 times)

Blood$

Re: Big K.R.I.T. - Cadillactica (anticipation / discussion thread)
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2014, 02:27:05 PM »
this is tied with Pinata for album of the year
paperwork took that spot !

have you heard this album?
yup. too be honest I like beat to the first song on it. live from the underground >

this is levels above and beyond Live From The Underground which was a near classic album itself, that is if you actually thoroughly sat down and played this album front to back and absorbed it all in

just got home with my copy  8)
not to me. the first album had more legit features, this new one it seems like he had to settle for who he could get on the record. it's all g if you enjoyed the record though.

it was essentially the same features plus a few others that he has genuine relationships with, he didn't settle for anything lol dude has full creative control of his projects, these dudes all just happened to fit the mold

plus I don't go into a Big K.R.I.T. project (or any project for that matter) for the features unless it's somebody like French Montana  :laugh:

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2014, 02:31:35 PM »
paperwork took that spot !

have you heard this album?
yup. too be honest I like beat to the first song on it. live from the underground >

this is levels above and beyond Live From The Underground which was a near classic album itself, that is if you actually thoroughly sat down and played this album front to back and absorbed it all in

just got home with my copy  8)
not to me. the first album had more legit features, this new one it seems like he had to settle for who he could get on the record. it's all g if you enjoyed the record though.

it was essentially the same features plus a few others that he has genuine relationships with, he didn't settle for anything lol dude has full creative control of his projects, these dudes all just happened to fit the mold

plus I don't go into a Big K.R.I.T. project (or any project for that matter) for the features unless it's somebody like French Montana  :laugh:
the first one had feats. like anthony hamilton, devin the dude, bb king, etc. this new one the feats. are meh. as long as those who copped are fine wit it........
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2014, 02:42:53 PM »
Always the perfect mix of Outkast and UGK.

bouli77

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2014, 03:05:08 PM »
i don't really see the Outkast influence in K.R.I.T. but the UGK and especially Pimp C feeling is strong  8) Country Rap tunes !

I was disappointed by Live from the Underground (still a dope album but nowhere near as good as I had anticipated, and it hurts to say this), to me his best projects remain K.R.I.T. wuz Here and Return of 4Eva...

I bought 2 copies to support dude (and to be able to play it in the car without having to worry about scratches knowing that i have a second copy lol), waiting for them to arrive my mailbox, still haven't checked it 8)

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »
^damn..now thats dedication.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2014, 04:26:22 PM »
I was disappointed by Live from the Underground (still a dope album but nowhere near as good as I had anticipated, and it hurts to say this), to me his best projects remain K.R.I.T. wuz Here and Return of 4Eva...

Same. Will def. check this one out. Big fan.

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2014, 06:35:39 PM »
i very rarely buy albums. i only do when i fuck with the whole album from beginning to end. this is one of those albums and i'll be buying my copy this weekend for sure.

sav

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2014, 02:23:42 PM »

Lucifuge

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2014, 11:10:39 AM »
Album is too dope  8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

daytondanger

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2014, 02:21:42 AM »
Dope cover!

awesome cover, one of the reasons K.R.I.T. made me buy his stuff, he's always had dope cover since Return of 4Eva, too bad he didn't release 4Eva N a Day in physical form

edit : lol i just realized he did, i'm coppin it now

Had Def Jam mail me a copy of the record on vinyl after I posted my comment. Received the record when I got home last night.
It is a pretty good album but it has one stand out track that is the best hip hop track I have heard in a while:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GFiBPzps8NI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GFiBPzps8NI</a>

Glad I checked out this album as I haven't heard anything from this guy before.

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2014, 07:55:43 AM »
one of the only dope new school rappers

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2014, 05:37:24 PM »
Been listenin to this lately, shits nice .. Lota deep tracks wit substance, I agree that this one has more outkast influence than most his other shit.. some spacey shit and alla that.. Sonically and even musically, it's better than Live From The Underground, but overall I still prefer Live From The Underground .. This one is right up there tho.

Blood$

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2014, 02:05:20 PM »
this is one of those albums you bump blunted and hear something new or something you missed before every time 8)

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2014, 06:43:40 PM »
definitely got its share of smoker cuts....surprised bouli didnt hear the andre3000 influence in some of the tracks

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2015, 12:09:37 AM »
IMA BE HONEST, THIS ALBUM GOT A PRETTY LOW REPLAY VALUE...STILL DOPE THO