DUBCC - Tha Connection > Outbound Connection

The last 5 albums you listened to

(1/195) > >>

green-eyed bandit:
Shout outs to Mr Theo who inspired me  8)

Write down your last 5 albums that you listened to. Maybe with some extra comments (f.e. did you like it, dope songs that you recommend, flaws of the album, etc). Could be a cool concept imo

I'll start it off:

1/ Method Man - Tical 2000: Judgement Day (28 songs deep with 10 skits. Could have been a classic though, as there are many dope songs: Spazolla, Sweet Love, Play 4 Keeps, Step by Step, Big Dogs, Break up to make ups etc. Guess the album should have been shorter with its 73! minutes. )
2/ GZA/Genius - Beneath the surface (imo this is an overlooked album with lots of bangers! My favorites: 'Hip Hop fury', 'Beneath the surface', 'Amplified Sample' etc. I wonder who had the idea to put 2 stupid consecutive skits though (skit#1 & skit#2 on tracklist 4 & 5)?)
3/ AG - Get Dirty Radio (check out 'Take a ride' prod by Madlib! The rest didn't excite me that much)
4/ Da Youngsta's - No Mercy ('Hip-hop Ride' is dope! The rest sounds a bit outdated sometimes)
5/ Royce Da 5'9" - Rock City - the original one, not 2.0 (never really liked it, but gave it a new listen after a couple of years. Won't change my opinion though, I really don't like this album. Production is bad; 'Boom' is nice of course)

daytondanger:
Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man "Out of Season".
Arvo Pärt "De Profundis".
Bola "Fyuti".
Marconi Union "Distance".
Eric Satie "Piano Works".

doggfather:
D-Shot: presidential; a bit too much auto-tune music on this one, but still a good album from the Click member
Spice 1: the ridah; a good indy album from the bay veteran.
Luniz: i still got 5 on it, the greatest hits; just want to hear the essence of the duo.
Ras Kass Apollo Brown: Blaspheny:gonna be on my top 5 from this year.
Dj Quik: couse it's so fresh (so clean  ;D )

wardy:
Listened to these 5 in the last day or so.

Wiley - Snakes & Ladders - New Wiley album and its a fucking banger! Grime, Grime and more grime, has a few US features on a track called Lonely (Cam'ron, Problem, Gudda Gudda & JR Writer) which for me doesnt fit with the vibe of the album but its one of the best ive heard this year.

J.R Writer - History In The Making - always liked this album, few bangers and JR is underrrated IMO.

Ghetts - Rebal With A Cause - My album of the year, great vibe to the album and Ghetts is like marmite you hate him or love him so unless you like grime you probably wont like him.

T.I - Paperwork - Not impressed with this album, a few good songs but also some average tracks.

Professor Green - Growing Up In Public - Big Pro Green fan and this album is what you would expect for a Pro commercial release. Witty bars, good flows and catchy hooks. Just wish he would release mixtapes like others so he can also release non commercial music.

green-eyed bandit:
Interesting guys! Have to check out some of these...  8) Ras Kass & Apollo Brown + that Lonely track from Wiley for starters... Lord Hienz's list is a bit too far out of my comfort zone I guess. Not hating though  ;)

Keep 'em coming & let's make this a thread a keeper!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version