Author Topic: The last 5 albums you listened to  (Read 191243 times)

green-eyed bandit

• 'G'
The last 5 albums you listened to
« on: November 06, 2014, 03:55:10 AM »
Shout outs to Mr Theo who inspired me  8)

Write down your last 5 albums that you listened to. Maybe with some extra comments (f.e. did you like it, dope songs that you recommend, flaws of the album, etc). Could be a cool concept imo

I'll start it off:

1/ Method Man - Tical 2000: Judgement Day (28 songs deep with 10 skits. Could have been a classic though, as there are many dope songs: Spazolla, Sweet Love, Play 4 Keeps, Step by Step, Big Dogs, Break up to make ups etc. Guess the album should have been shorter with its 73! minutes. )
2/ GZA/Genius - Beneath the surface (imo this is an overlooked album with lots of bangers! My favorites: 'Hip Hop fury', 'Beneath the surface', 'Amplified Sample' etc. I wonder who had the idea to put 2 stupid consecutive skits though (skit#1 & skit#2 on tracklist 4 & 5)?)
3/ AG - Get Dirty Radio (check out 'Take a ride' prod by Madlib! The rest didn't excite me that much)
4/ Da Youngsta's - No Mercy ('Hip-hop Ride' is dope! The rest sounds a bit outdated sometimes)
5/ Royce Da 5'9" - Rock City - the original one, not 2.0 (never really liked it, but gave it a new listen after a couple of years. Won't change my opinion though, I really don't like this album. Production is bad; 'Boom' is nice of course)

daytondanger

Re: The last 5 albums you listened to
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 04:07:38 AM »
Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man "Out of Season".
Arvo Pärt "De Profundis".
Bola "Fyuti".
Marconi Union "Distance".
Eric Satie "Piano Works".

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 05:39:09 AM »
D-Shot: presidential; a bit too much auto-tune music on this one, but still a good album from the Click member
Spice 1: the ridah; a good indy album from the bay veteran.
Luniz: i still got 5 on it, the greatest hits; just want to hear the essence of the duo.
Ras Kass Apollo Brown: Blaspheny:gonna be on my top 5 from this year.
Dj Quik: couse it's so fresh (so clean  ;D )
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

wardy

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 06:35:58 AM »
Listened to these 5 in the last day or so.

Wiley - Snakes & Ladders - New Wiley album and its a fucking banger! Grime, Grime and more grime, has a few US features on a track called Lonely (Cam'ron, Problem, Gudda Gudda & JR Writer) which for me doesnt fit with the vibe of the album but its one of the best ive heard this year.

J.R Writer - History In The Making - always liked this album, few bangers and JR is underrrated IMO.

Ghetts - Rebal With A Cause - My album of the year, great vibe to the album and Ghetts is like marmite you hate him or love him so unless you like grime you probably wont like him.

T.I - Paperwork - Not impressed with this album, a few good songs but also some average tracks.

Professor Green - Growing Up In Public - Big Pro Green fan and this album is what you would expect for a Pro commercial release. Witty bars, good flows and catchy hooks. Just wish he would release mixtapes like others so he can also release non commercial music.

green-eyed bandit

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 06:53:32 AM »
Interesting guys! Have to check out some of these...  8) Ras Kass & Apollo Brown + that Lonely track from Wiley for starters... Lord Hienz's list is a bit too far out of my comfort zone I guess. Not hating though  ;)

Keep 'em coming & let's make this a thread a keeper!

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 08:40:58 AM »
T.I - Paperwork - Not impressed with this album

what were you expecting to be impressed by???  he's wack

wardy

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 09:33:04 AM »
T.I - Paperwork - Not impressed with this album

what were you expecting to be impressed by???  he's wack

Sometimes he can drop heat but that album is too weak for someone to call himself King Of The South.

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 11:40:26 AM »
Stalley - Ohio
Boosie Badazz - Life After Death Row
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Pinata
Ganksta NIP - Psychic Thoughts
DMX - It's Dark & Hell Is Hot

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 12:12:14 PM »
Tha Dogg Pound - That's My Work Vol.5 (Untagged) - Still not feeling it even though it's untagged
Dazzie Dee- Re-Birth - A classic so I still enjoy listening to it from time to time
5 Footaz - Lifetime - Just received my original copy so I gave it a listen and I think it's been at least 5 years since last time I've heard it
Bobby Shmurda - Shmurda She Wrote EP - It's cool but not impressive
5th Ward Boyz - Ghetto Dope - Just bought the remastered version and like 5 Footaz it's been years and years since I last bumped it

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 02:09:29 PM »
last 5 CD's ive bumped in my whip

Simken heights - Redrum and Coke

Necro - Die!

Tracey Lee - the album he dropped with Biggie on it

Tear Da Club Up Thugz - Crazyndalazdayz

3 6 Mafia - Mystic Stylez

8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 02:10:59 PM »
T.I. - Paperwork: this refreshing opus is on another level and still in rotation.
Rapsody - Beauty And The Beast EP: one of hip hop shinin' moments this year and a nice meal to hold any jamla fan over until their next release.
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Pinata: a dope ass collab album from gangsta gibbs and the beat conducta...slammin' !
Run The Jewels 2: this record is a must have for any hip hop fan. period. dope rhymes and beats what more do y'all want ?
2pac - All Eyez On Me: my fav. pac record ever. a classic album that always find it's way into rotation. damn I miss those death row days....
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

dnjp4life

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 01:52:48 AM »
These are the last 5 of mine:

1. MF DOOM - Operation: Doomsday: currently listening to this as I write, it's a very good album and has tons of fun samples, clever lines and cartoonish skits.  The actual quality of the music sounds a bit off (a bit like Wu's first album) and that may be because it is like a demo in a way, but it only adds to the albums greatness.

2. Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele: still trying to properly get into this album, the production is banging (RZA oversaw the whole album and remixed all the beats submitted to him), but some of the rhymes are a bit impenetrable.  Need to give it a few more listens.

3. Busta Rhymes - The Big Bang: easy listening, lots of heavy beats by Dre, J Dilla, Mr Porter etc and Busta carries it off well.  A couple of tracks sort of bring down the tone of the album a bit, but overall I can listen to it all without skipping a singler track.

4. Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villain - check the thread I made on it, amazing album.

5. DJ Quik + Kurupt - BlaQKout: Nice album, the raps are nothing spectacular, but a lot of Quik's beats are ambitious and different to his other albums, and Kurupt and Quik make a good duo.

Marty Jannetty

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm Marty but you're not Shawn, bitch.
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 07:39:03 PM »
Freak Out!
We're Only in It for the Money
Hot Rats
Uncle Meat
Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Zappa all in your bitch, ficca.
It will always be 1993 to me.

daytondanger

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 07:33:46 AM »