Author Topic: What C Walker doesn't want you to know (War Pays)  (Read 128 times)

westcoastcavalier

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
What C Walker doesn't want you to know (War Pays)
« on: April 03, 2003, 09:47:34 AM »
Defense contractors benefit from war spending
$3.7 billion in contracts to replenish weapons used against Iraq

By TONY CAPACCIO
BLOOMBERG NEWS

WASHINGTON -- Raytheon Co., Lockheed Martin Corp., Alliant Techsystems Inc. and other defense contractors will benefit from $3.7 billion in U.S. military spending to replace missiles, bombs and bullets consumed in the war against Iraq.

President Bush's request for $62.6 billion in emergency war funding includes money to replace the 700 Raytheon Tomahawk cruise missiles, half the supply in the region, and 8,000 precision-guided bombs used in 13 days of conflict. Congress is scheduled to vote on the measure this week.

Cruise missiles and bombs equipped with satellite or laser guidance systems made by companies such as The Boeing Co. and Lockheed Martin are playing a bigger role in war against Iraq than in any previous U.S. campaign, Pentagon officials have said. In addition, troops are firing artillery and tank rounds and small-arms cartridges daily in the fight to oust Saddam Hussein's regime.

The cruise missiles are among the most costly munitions, at $600,000 to $1 million each, depending on the configuration, according to Navy and Raytheon figures. Boeing satellite guidance kits for bombs, by comparison, cost about $20,000 each.

The $62.6 billion supplemental appropriation, which will be added to this year's $379 billion defense budget, allows the Pentagon to avoid taking money from other weapons programs to pay for war operations and replacement munitions, Sam Pearlstein, a defense analyst for Wachovia Securities, said.

Boeing, though, won't get new spending for its satellite-guided Joint Direct Attack Munitions because the defense budget already is paying for maximum production of the weapon, Pentagon Comptroller Dov Zakheim said.

Northrop Grumman Corp., third-biggest defense contractor, will likely share contracts with Lockheed Martin to replace Hellfire laser-guided missiles they produced jointly. The Hellfire is fired by AH-64 Apache helicopters.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:What C Walker doesn't want you to know (War Pays)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2003, 01:10:48 PM »
Defense contractors benefit from war spending

Get the fuck out of here??????? You mean that the US will need to replace  some of its weapons arsenal and military equipment following a major war? I am shocked. Quick......somebody stop the presses!

Good job cracking the case, Sherlock.

Damon X from ATL

• 'G'
  • The Black Man is God (Divine Asiatic God Allah)
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2003, 02:42:23 PM »
[quote
The cruise missiles are among the most costly munitions, at $600,000 to $1 million each, depending on the configuration, according to Navy and Raytheon figures. The $62.6 billion supplemental appropriation, which will be added to this year's $379 billion defense budget, allows the Pentagon to avoid taking money from other weapons programs to pay for war operations and replacement munitions, Sam Pearlstein, a defense analyst for Wachovia Securities, said.

What I think what's meant is that Bush wants to spend over 400 BILLION dollars on a war, where it can be spent on so much more important domestic issues.
Yo, CW does it make sense to spend approximately 1 million dollars on a missle to blow up a building and areas that probably doesn't cost as much as the missle? Come on think dude, you have to a braincell activated somewhere in there. I think you are missing the point Sherlock.
www.abvdlaw.com
Official Website of Above The Law

Woodrow

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2003, 03:01:27 PM »
I thought I was Sherlock  :'(

Quakaveli