Author Topic: Generosity  (Read 1458 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Generosity
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 03:48:18 PM »
it's always good to donate and give to a good cause...as i've gotten older and grown i learned to do it more often.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Ebenus Supremus

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 05:02:35 AM »
Generosity is its own form of power.

Depends...
In the positive it can be empowering...
But then some share negatives liberally with those they see as a means of exploitation in turn profiting from their negative generosity which is in effect disempowering....
What do you have to share?

Knowledge, both negative and positive, when shared with a keen insight and desire to instill truth is empowering...

Just as the same knowledge, if not appropriated through a trustworthy and reliable source can disempower a person through abuse of such knowledge in an effort to acquire material gains at the loss of another....

Some people only donate so they can write it off as a tax exemption....

Sure a lot of people donate out of a kindly and humble nature, wishing to shard their wealth with those less fortunate, but sometimes fortunes are acquired corruptly, and the beneficiary of the generosity inadvertantly gains from another's loss...

There s so much to be mindful of...
This of us in Australia inadvertantly gain from the disempowerment, disenfranchisement, genocide and illegal appropriations of land of the traditional caretakers, then the ignorant the if bitches about a petty little pension or government money being allocated toward indigenous education and cultural awareness...
And not once has an effort been made to compensate said victims (not calling all indigenous people victims, because in my experience I have never meg a more generous and powerful people, but my idea of power may differ from yours) for the losses which we continue to benefit from up until this very moment....

Like it was said earlier, a crummy pension or dole allowance or occasional grant does not compensate the billions of dollars that have been appropriated through corrupt and tyrannical measures, expressedly employed by the British and their descendants...

Same can be said for native Americans and also the toils of the African in america, who built that country through forced labor and were only compensated BH accepting their second class status in return for a freedom that until this day does not demonstrate an equality and justice that benefits all....

True generosity is given with no thought of recompence, maybe with a hope that those who receive will prosper, but certainly not in vain, hoping that the meer crust offered is sufficient to empower one whose obstacles are greater and oppressive elements are more disabling than the giver.....

I only have a little to give and so I am mindful that I should, just as the rich man acknowledges, that I should save for my own prosperity as I will only become one of the disenfranchised if I give my all, my worldly and material wealth in an effort to make the journey through life a little more comfortable for another....

I have donated a few hundred and tens when I was in a position to do so, but now my cist of living is greater having acquired more property than I had in the past ( I used to only own as much as I could carry, until I was 27)... Now I have to maintain property, as shabby as it is, rent, food electric, petrol, maintenance of my vehicle... All of which I could loose if I don't have anything saved for that rainy day when its possible I will loose my source of income.... I could consider my income a generosity, and I do, but if I had any rights to the land in which I reside and through exposure to the corrupted facets of society chose not to participate in the mindless ratrace we call life, I would not consider my income a generosity or privilidge, I would consider a right and an insult to what I am truly owed in the face of oppression, prejudice and adversity....

Generosity is good on the surface, but what are the true motives...

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 03:23:18 PM »
NEW RULE: When donating to a charity or disaster relief, NEVER DONATE TO RED CROSS.