Author Topic: Lil Wayne on Cash Money: "I Want Off This Label"  (Read 381 times)

Sccit

Lil Wayne on Cash Money: "I Want Off This Label"
« on: December 04, 2014, 01:49:33 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/music/s/lil-wayne-blasts-cash-money-want-off-label-190800076-rolling-stone.html

If it seems like Lil Wayne's upcoming album, Tha Carter V, has gotten caught in a holding pattern, that's because the rapper says it is. In a series of tweets, Weezy criticized Cash Money – the label that has released all of his albums and is home to the Young Money imprint he founded – likening his contract to a prison sentence.

50 Best Albums of 2014

"To all my fans, I want you to know that my album won't and hasn't been released bekuz [label co-founder] Baby and Cash Money Records refuse to release it," he wrote. "This is not my fault. I am truly and deeply sorry to all my fans but most of all to myself and my family for putting us in this situation.

"I want off this label and nothing to do with these people but unfortunately it ain't that easy," he continued. "I am a prisoner and so is my creativity. Again, I am truly sorry and I don't blame ya if ya fed up with waiting for me and this album. But thank you."

A Cash Money representative did not immediately reply to a request for comment.

In March, MTV reported that Tha Carter V, which Wayne called his "final solo album," would come out that May. Around the time the record was supposed to come out, he put out "Grindin'," a track featuring Drake. With the album unreleased, Wayne and Drake then embarked on a co-headlining summer tour, debuting the single live. In August, Wayne released a video for another new song, "Krazy," with the album expected to come out in late October.

Just before Halloween, Wayne released another new song, "Gotti," featuring the Lox, and Billboard reported that Tha Carter V would then be released in two parts, the first of which would come out December 9th. "I recorded so many songs," Wayne said at the time. "I got too many songs. I worked way too much to give y'all half of it. If I would've dropped the album today, it would have to be 12 or 13 songs. I refuse to cheat my fans. I refuse to cheat myself."

At present, the leaderboard on Cash Money's website says the album is "coming soon."

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Lil Wayne on Cash Money:
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 01:51:36 PM »
Saw this on Twitter. Wild.

I think it's all a publicity stunt because Wayne just doesn't have the music to sell Tha Carter V. Nigga has been on the label forever, if anything he has WAY more freedom now than he ever did & now he's complaining about it?

Son's complaining about "creative space"; niggas let him make an entire Rock N' Roll album lmao.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Lil Wayne on Cash Money: "I Want Off This Label"
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 02:06:31 PM »

LMAOOOOOO.

"I never lied to the people not one time" -Pusha

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 03:49:21 PM »

I think it's all a publicity stunt because Wayne just doesn't have the music to sell Tha Carter V. Nigga has been on the label forever, if anything he has WAY more freedom now than he ever did & now he's complaining about it?

Son's complaining about "creative space"; niggas let him make an entire Rock N' Roll album lmao.

basically... unless Birdman has simply shifted all his priorities over to Young Thug and neglected Wayne  :-[

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 05:34:54 PM »
wayne caught birdman and young thug fuckin' and want a divorce.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

bouli77

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 05:44:18 PM »

basically... unless Birdman has simply shifted all his priorities over to Young Thug and neglected Wayne  :-[

Birman really seems to be focused solely on Rich Gang these days though.

LMAO at Pusha T, "rubbing their hands in your videos" hahaha

aerroc

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 01:39:46 AM »
all this bullshit is a publicity stunt hes hes just irrelevant and his music is getting worse and worse 
and kendrick took his spot

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 09:17:01 AM »
I thought it could be a publicity stunt too but he really has been announcing release dates for a long time now for Carter V and there's been 3 singles that didn't take off except "Believe Me" which was basically Drake's record

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 09:51:03 AM »
not a stunt at all wayne been gettin' jerked. remember when he was gonna sign wit jay-z ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 09:58:41 AM »
all this bullshit is a publicity stunt hes hes just irrelevant and his music is getting worse and worse 

kendrick took nothing lol

anyways Wayne is finally seeing that Birdman is just a fair weather friend to him.  Now you see Birdman spending 24/7 with Young Thug because Thug (somehow) is a big name.  That's why Birdman stabs everyone in the back like it's nothing....i.e. not paying Mannie Fresh, having Yella Boy from UNLV murdered etc.

Blood$

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 10:04:17 AM »
Birdman owns 110% of all his artists' catalogs, Drake might be the only exception where he only owns part and that's why you see Drake making his own moves/signing his own guys

aerroc

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 11:42:44 AM »

kendrick took nothing lol

when the new kendrick album comes out you will see what im talking about
diff between kendrick and wayne kendrick can out rap who ever record hes featured on  and is better then almost everyone out there
and hes different hes not doing what every one is doing

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 08:10:09 PM »
Birdman owns 110% of all his artists' catalogs, Drake might be the only exception where he only owns part and that's why you see Drake making his own moves/signing his own guys

and Birdman doesn't pay anybody either.  Look at what he did to Wendy Day after she got him rich in the first place.