Author Topic: Tupac Lookalike Marcc Rose Explains Why Pac Biopic Is On Hold  (Read 343 times)

CORREA

Tupac Lookalike Marcc Rose Explains Why Pac Biopic Is On Hold
« on: September 04, 2015, 08:04:52 AM »
Before being tapped to play Tupac in Straight Outta Compton, Marcc Rose was working on a Pac biopic with director John Singleton. In fact Compton director F. Gary Gray called Singleton to inquire about Rose when he was casting Pac.

So whatever happened to the Singleton project? As Rose told Ebro in the Morning, it’s been put on hold indefinitely because it was starting to resemble the debacle that was the Aaliyah biopic.

“It got put on hold because there were too many hands in the pot … Honestly, they were trying to push it in the direction of the Aaliyah biopic,” Rose said.

“No diss to the Aaliyah biopic at all, but they didn’t have the rights. The music wasn’t in there. We’re just trying to make sure is done right. At that moment it wasn’t. It was put on pause.”

Singleton — who directed Shakur in Poetic Justice — has also distanced himself from the project. But if it does get un-paused the new director is going to have trouble finding an actor who looks more like Pac than Rose does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=231&v=E2AlbdGjrIY
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:08:14 AM by the relavant one »

Sccit

Re: Tupac Lookalike Marcc Rose Explains Why Pac Biopic Is On Hold
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 11:22:43 PM »
i dint even know there was an aaliyah biopic....i saw the tlc one and it was pretty bad. they prolly jus makin sure they dont do pac like that. he's a hard character 2 get down.

GangstaBoogy

Re: Tupac Lookalike Marcc Rose Explains Why Pac Biopic Is On Hold
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 11:44:09 PM »
i dint even know there was an aaliyah biopic....i saw the tlc one and it was pretty bad. they prolly jus makin sure they dont do pac like that. he's a hard character 2 get down.

If you're ever presented with the chance to see it...DECLINE! Especially if you were an Aaliyah fan.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"