Author Topic: KXNG CROOKED - Sex, Money And Hip Hop (Anticipation Thread)  (Read 3966 times)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Re: KXNG CROOKED - Sex, Money And Hip Hop (Anticipation Thread)
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2014, 03:23:39 PM »
Is the track [Freestylin' Under Oath] a re-make? Has anyone heard that shit on another album or something? It sounds familiar, like I heard that beat somewhere else.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2014, 03:32:21 PM »
it didn't sound rerecorded but i haven't listened to them back to back

i'm sad this project leaked so early but the world needs to hear it  8)

Drum Murder part 2 is over a remake of an old NWA classic beat....not gonna spoil it

WestWestYA

CROOKED I - Sex, Money And Hip Hop (Anticipation Thread)
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2014, 04:04:11 PM »
Kinda disappointed after hearing this record, too much hype ruined it IMO & not as good as YOUNG/BOSS, PSALM or PIGFACE.

Hack Wilson - real

Re: CROOKED I - Sex, Money And Hip Hop (Anticipation Thread)
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2014, 04:05:52 PM »
Kinda disappointed after hearing this record, too much hype ruined it IMO & not as good as YOUNG/BOSS, PSALM or PIGFACE.

you kidding me?  this shit is fire.  and there was literally no hype, this came out of nowhere bro.

EFFeX

Re: CROOKED I - Sex, Money And Hip Hop (Anticipation Thread)
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2014, 05:01:21 PM »

you kidding me?  this shit is fire.  and there was literally no hype, this came out of nowhere bro.

I agree with your post.

I actually think this is one of his best efforts to date. Definitely some of the best productions, flows, topics, variety. Overall it's polished from beginning to end. You are right about the hype too. Although there was a lot of information about it released all at the same time, there was no long time build up to it like previous projects. It was really a nice treat for the end of the year. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I don't see how a Crook fan can not feel this.

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2014, 11:33:34 PM »
my brother bought it and like hack said came with 2 copies. gave me one and so im gonna give it a spin. really does look like an album and shit  :laugh:

aerroc

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2014, 01:16:15 AM »
my brother bought it and like hack said came with 2 copies. gave me one and so im gonna give it a spin. really does look like an album and shit  :laugh:

yep i downloaded it then i gave a link to another member here  so im gonna give it a spin ;)

s_dadry

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2014, 12:26:48 PM »
Listenin' 2 it right now!! :)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2014, 03:31:10 PM »
they put it up for free on the smh records website, guess they gave in to the internet after someone leaked the CD

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2014, 03:43:48 PM »
Bump it over the weekend. Some cool songs, but nothing that stands out or will continue to be played by the end of January.

doublee313

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2014, 08:05:03 PM »
I find it funny no one has really shared their thoughts on this mixtape experience.

I tried very hard to listen to this and it's got no substance to it. The production is good, however Crooked just has boring raps over the beats. No excitement. Glad I passed on this so I wasn't burned again like his last album.

I was a big Crooked fan, but his new stuff is getting worse. Let's be real here.

I give them credit for the marketing calling this a piece of art, but that doesn't help a weak CD.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2014, 10:43:20 AM »
the beat for Fallen Rap Gods is  :yikes:

G3ne

• 'G'
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2014, 02:30:55 PM »

That's true but listen to this

Does it say something in the credits about it or is it just the same sample from a completely different track?

Sccit

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2014, 02:32:18 PM »
$ 9.99 + $ 14.99 for shipping overseas? seriously? if it's as disappointing as his previous releases this is not reasonable at all. don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I don't like his music, I'm just wondering if he really expects people paying $ 25 for a mixtape

comes fux wit the lamb album then...only 7.99 for international shipping (and 1 cent for the album). 8 bux well spent

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2014, 02:35:47 PM »

That's true but listen to this

Does it say something in the credits about it or is it just the same sample from a completely different track?

it's the same sample from a different track

but the beat Crooked is on is a better sample to me and the drums too