Author Topic: KXNG CROOKED - Sex, Money And Hip Hop (Anticipation Thread)  (Read 3979 times)

EFFeX

Re: KXNG CROOKED - Sex, Money And Hip Hop (Anticipation Thread)
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2014, 02:38:23 PM »
I have to be honest, I'm a little surprised to see people passing over this project and assuming that it's just a generic effort. This has the most content and diverse topics of any Crooked project in recent memory.

You get the introspective / motivational songs with records such as "Sick of Being Broke", "Know Thy Self" and "Lift Me Up". Then you have the tracks that are simply about the bars such as "Drum Murder Part 2" or "No Plan B". You get the classic street anthems with songs like "Hardest In The Game" and "Fallen Rap Gods". Those that are into that West Coast / gangster rap style should enjoy "The Originals" or "Move Like A G Do". That's only the tip of the ice berg...

As there is literally a song for everyone over some of the best production he's had in a long time, what more else could you ask for? Not to mention, Crook sounds hungry again on this one. I think that people need to realize that 2015 Crooked I is not the same artist as 1998 - 2002 Crooked I. He's evolved as not only an artist, but as a person. So, please don't dismiss this project, go into it with an open mind. I think that is part of the whole "KXNG CROOKED" persona. It's not necessarily just a gimmick for the project, I think he wants people to listen to the music with a fresh perspective.

If you don't like it though, it may just not be your style. And that's fine too. Can't please everyone.  8)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:41:23 PM by EFFeX »

G3ne

• 'G'
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2014, 02:52:14 PM »
the beat for Fallen Rap Gods is  :yikes:

That's true but listen to this

Does it say something in the credits about it or is it just the same sample from a completely different track?

it's the same sample from a different track

but the beat Crooked is on is a better sample to me and the drums too

The original track seems to be Lamont Dozier - Rose. http://www.whosampled.com/sample/2804/Shyne-Foxy-Brown-More-or-Less-Lamont-Dozier-Rose/. ... but the beats are so similar that there must be another source. Do u know which track it's from?

I listened to the Shyne track more than a hundred times so at first I didn't prefer Fallen Rap Gods over it. It grows on me tho.

Sex, Money & Hip Hop is a really dope album, I don't regret that I ordered it a couple of days before they offered it as a free download. #COB effex is right that this album is much better than most of the previous projects

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2014, 03:18:10 PM »
I have to be honest, I'm a little surprised to see people passing over this project and assuming that it's just a generic effort. This has the most content and diverse topics of any Crooked project in recent memory.

You get the introspective / motivational songs with records such as "Sick of Being Broke", "Know Thy Self" and "Lift Me Up". Then you have the tracks that are simply about the bars such as "Drum Murder Part 2" or "No Plan B". You get the classic street anthems with songs like "Hardest In The Game" and "Fallen Rap Gods". Those that are into that West Coast / gangster rap style should enjoy "The Originals" or "Move Like A G Do". That's only the tip of the ice berg...

As there is literally a song for everyone over some of the best production he's had in a long time, what more else could you ask for? Not to mention, Crook sounds hungry again on this one. I think that people need to realize that 2015 Crooked I is not the same artist as 1998 - 2002 Crooked I. He's evolved as not only an artist, but as a person. So, please don't dismiss this project, go into it with an open mind. I think that is part of the whole "KXNG CROOKED" persona. It's not necessarily just a gimmick for the project, I think he wants people to listen to the music with a fresh perspective.

If you don't like it though, it may just not be your style. And that's fine too. Can't please everyone.  8)

the Horseshoe gang song is godly  8)

doublee313

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2014, 10:09:19 AM »
It's mixtape quality. Rushed. No one will be talking about this in a few months.

Crooked is a great Emcee, but his tracks on here sound like he's rap battling over a beat. The songs need a good hook, limited lyrics, polished production.

Mixtape....Just know that before you buy it. Mixtape Experience was just a fancy word for marketing.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2014, 11:17:27 AM »
who the fuck listens to Crooked i music for "good hooks"???  the dude is about bars.  period.

Sccit

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2014, 11:43:28 AM »
who the fuck listens to Crooked i music for "good hooks"???  the dude is about bars.  period.

thats the difference between bein a good emcee and a good musician

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2014, 11:49:26 AM »
did you listen to Sex Money and Hip hop yet nik??

Sccit

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2014, 11:51:48 AM »
naah, not yet....i try to buy all my cds in store. duno if this one is available where i shop (cd trader)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2014, 12:04:55 PM »
naah, not yet....i try to buy all my cds in store. duno if this one is available where i shop (cd trader)

nah, just SMH records website.

very dumb name for a record label....smh @ smh 

Rudki

« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2015, 11:39:45 AM »
SOLID record. Well worth the purchase.

Hard bars, harder beats.

''Sendin U to heaven, for the helluva it"

Rudki

« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2015, 01:33:49 PM »
THE ORIGINALS ft/ Bo-Rocc is Incredible, especially for the G-Funk/Older Crook fans..

Great release, check this out

jonathandubcnn

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2015, 09:40:03 PM »

Might be a dumb name, but not quite as dumb as "Hack Brodenheimer"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2015, 09:46:58 PM »

Might be a dumb name, but not quite as dumb as "Hack Brodenheimer"

very professional of you to go back and forth with a customer of yours  ::)

jonathandubcnn

« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2015, 06:21:58 AM »
not being unprofessional. you said smh is a dumb name and i simply responded and said hack was a dumb name. its all just a matter of opinion on a public form.

G3ne

• 'G'
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2015, 06:44:29 AM »
I guess we should go back on topic and discuss the album  ;) 8)