Author Topic: What music do you listen to when studying or completing a task?  (Read 251 times)

O.G A.Geesta'z

What music do you listen to when studying or completing a task?
« on: December 15, 2014, 01:53:56 PM »
I use to listen to rap and rock a lot, then I listened to a lot of screwed n chopped, but it wouldn't really keep me focused.
So then I started listening to classical music which helped and now I'm listening to old school super Nintendo video game music but that playlist already ended.
So what do you listen to when studying? im thinking about maybe getting into some jazz or some shit, something that can keep me calm and is good to listen to while hitting the books.
The West is Back

Sccit

Re: What music do you listen to when studying or completing a task?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 01:59:16 PM »
yea, jazz is probably the best for keepin focused...old school jazz like john coltrane n dizzie gillespie, not that computerized smooth jazz shit they play on 94.7 the wave...but even that shit can be good too.

as far as hip-hop, the only rap u can really listen to while studyin is that smooth 90s g-funk/mob shit...twinz - conversation album would be a good example, but they dont make it like that no more.

daytondanger

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 02:14:22 PM »
Cannot listen to music if I am reading a book/studying a subject.
When working creatively its mostly classical music but I prefer to solely listen to music, attentively and purposefully not as a secondary action.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 03:32:48 PM »
imma check out that jazz ill be up all fucking night studying for these finals

but for now since im doing math im going to throw on the twinz album and see how it goes
The West is Back

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 05:19:38 PM »
so ive listened to the Twinz "Conversation" and Warren G "Take a look over your shoulder"
I'm able to listen to rap right now because im working on my calculus shit, so it really doesnt get in the way while im trying to figure equations
ill be doing this shit for another few hours anybody got any other albums to recommend or any other types of music?

i guess ill throw on Daz's "Retaliation, Revenge and Get Back" for now since i already know thats what Infinite would recommend  8)
The West is Back

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 05:49:31 PM »
dubee - aka sugawolf pimp

or

dnjp4life

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 05:37:46 AM »
I used to listen to a lot of early 90s East-coast rap when writing essays, specifically the first four Gang-Starr albums.

doggfather

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 06:40:09 AM »
Nutin.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ