Author Topic: Kurupt on King Of NY  (Read 2182 times)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Re: Kurupt on King Of NY
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2014, 12:01:25 PM »
Here's more from the "coke head". He's so high he's throwing chairs and tables around. Vlad needed security....

<a href="https://www.youtube.com//v/RQUsFf_3HHE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com//v/RQUsFf_3HHE</a>
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2014, 12:30:27 PM »
As a huge lifelong Kurupt fan...this was hard to watch. Get well Kurupt, you already blew what should've been an epic career to drugs, don't lose your life too.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WestSideDon

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2014, 01:29:40 PM »
Kurupt is about to become the next DMX smh...

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2014, 02:52:35 PM »
As a huge lifelong Kurupt fan...this was hard to watch. Get well Kurupt, you already blew what should've been an epic career to drugs, don't lose your life too.

aint no 10 page thread on thecoli about kurupt witout this shit

bouli77

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2014, 02:31:12 AM »
cause that's a bad look in my opinion, and Vlad is exploiting it.

Kanye is obviously worse, and I doubt these antics are making him significant money lol

lol if u dont think kanye's personality keeps him in the headlines, then im sorry but we gota agree 2 disagree on that 1......personality is important as far as stayin relevant in the entertainment industry. maybe even more so than talent.

if personality and attention whoring were the sole factors then 40 Glocc would be a superstar. Kanye's personality may keep him in the headlines, his tantrums make him look bad and lose credibility and it's not furthering his career. it's not boosting his sals. it's not making him any significant extra money, at all. it's like when 50 started making fun of Kanye and said if Kanye's album sold more than BISD then he'd stop rapping, thn people started dissing 50 and he eventually sold less records than Ye.

but I understand that for Kurupt, all publicity is good publicity, but it's a bad look and it's not like this interview is gonna be a starting point for Kurupt . i don't think he exaggerated it but I wouldn't be surprised if he did eithr.

40 glocc is a perfect example....people know him for his antics more so than his music. if it wasnt for his beef with game, at least 80% less people woulda heard of him. of course, it's not the SOLE factor.. with those antics, having music that stands out is an important piece to the puzzle as well.. but 40 glocc simply makes average music at best.

with kanye, if he was just some regular cat without personality like dj premier or some shit, theres no way he'd be a superstar the way he is. that outlandish shit he does definitely helps keep him in the public eye, elevating his stature etc. maybe because ur not in america u dont see it as much, but trust me on this 1...them headlines are important, and them antics keep cats in the headlines, undeniably.

you're talking about Kanye's personality, i'm talking about his rants, which is just a part of it. him doing outlandish shit like having expensive taste, getting involved in fashion, etc. is a good look cause it generates debate and good publicity. if he was an average artist, nobody would give a damn about his music. when Lord Jamar is on Vlad, it's a bad look for him. sure it gives him some publicity, sure maybe he's making a few bucks or two but that's chump change. Kanye without the Taylor Swift & the Sway incidents would still be as successful and would have a better reputation. it did not elevate his stature. he didn't need that/ now other stunts like his relationship with Kim K. definitely elevated his stature but his rant ? IMHO, no.

Kurupt's rant just gives haters new opportunity to shit on him as it's a bad look and Kurupt is better than that. him getting a 10 page thread on the coli is not a good look cause ultimately he'll be remembered by a lot who are not familiar with him as the dude who went batshit crazy on VLAD for no obvious reason and who contradicted himself several times during the interview. i'd agree with you if he had made a clear and coherent point (which he could have since I know where he comes from and ultimately agree with him) but he just didn't. and that rant won't get people to check seriously his music, maybe a couple of songs on youtube but that's pretty much it. and unlike Kanye, whose musical activity is somewhat still flourishing and who's a socialite. nobody will check for Kurupt's next project after his 15 minutes of e-fame have faded.

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2014, 10:03:01 AM »
cause that's a bad look in my opinion, and Vlad is exploiting it.

Kanye is obviously worse, and I doubt these antics are making him significant money lol

lol if u dont think kanye's personality keeps him in the headlines, then im sorry but we gota agree 2 disagree on that 1......personality is important as far as stayin relevant in the entertainment industry. maybe even more so than talent.

if personality and attention whoring were the sole factors then 40 Glocc would be a superstar. Kanye's personality may keep him in the headlines, his tantrums make him look bad and lose credibility and it's not furthering his career. it's not boosting his sals. it's not making him any significant extra money, at all. it's like when 50 started making fun of Kanye and said if Kanye's album sold more than BISD then he'd stop rapping, thn people started dissing 50 and he eventually sold less records than Ye.

but I understand that for Kurupt, all publicity is good publicity, but it's a bad look and it's not like this interview is gonna be a starting point for Kurupt . i don't think he exaggerated it but I wouldn't be surprised if he did eithr.

40 glocc is a perfect example....people know him for his antics more so than his music. if it wasnt for his beef with game, at least 80% less people woulda heard of him. of course, it's not the SOLE factor.. with those antics, having music that stands out is an important piece to the puzzle as well.. but 40 glocc simply makes average music at best.

with kanye, if he was just some regular cat without personality like dj premier or some shit, theres no way he'd be a superstar the way he is. that outlandish shit he does definitely helps keep him in the public eye, elevating his stature etc. maybe because ur not in america u dont see it as much, but trust me on this 1...them headlines are important, and them antics keep cats in the headlines, undeniably.

you're talking about Kanye's personality, i'm talking about his rants, which is just a part of it. him doing outlandish shit like having expensive taste, getting involved in fashion, etc. is a good look cause it generates debate and good publicity. if he was an average artist, nobody would give a damn about his music. when Lord Jamar is on Vlad, it's a bad look for him. sure it gives him some publicity, sure maybe he's making a few bucks or two but that's chump change. Kanye without the Taylor Swift & the Sway incidents would still be as successful and would have a better reputation. it did not elevate his stature. he didn't need that/ now other stunts like his relationship with Kim K. definitely elevated his stature but his rant ? IMHO, no.

Kurupt's rant just gives haters new opportunity to shit on him as it's a bad look and Kurupt is better than that. him getting a 10 page thread on the coli is not a good look cause ultimately he'll be remembered by a lot who are not familiar with him as the dude who went batshit crazy on VLAD for no obvious reason and who contradicted himself several times during the interview. i'd agree with you if he had made a clear and coherent point (which he could have since I know where he comes from and ultimately agree with him) but he just didn't. and that rant won't get people to check seriously his music, maybe a couple of songs on youtube but that's pretty much it. and unlike Kanye, whose musical activity is somewhat still flourishing and who's a socialite. nobody will check for Kurupt's next project after his 15 minutes of e-fame have faded.

U ever heard the saying "any publicity is good publicity"?? U actin like kurupt raped a child or somethin, it wasn't THAT bad brobro.....I guarantee you that more people checked for his latest mixtape after seein him in that interview. in fact cats even admitted it after that 10 page coli thread m...doin outlandish shit in the industry will always draw attention and attention=numbers. if he keeps doin interviews like this, he will remain in the publics eye. no bad can come from it.

doublee313

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2014, 10:17:16 AM »
Kanye is just annoying and it works for him.

Kurupt is obviously having drug issues and this won't help. He's different then he used to be when he was drunk. He's on some hard shit and it's bad.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2014, 11:29:09 PM »
...wow, I've never seen Kurupt like that before...

By the way, what Kurupt song is that line from "King of New York"?  I know every Kurupt song from "Lyrical Gangbang" on the Chronic album up until the last track off Space Boogie, and I can't recall that line or song.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

pixtr

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2014, 04:17:47 AM »
That song is called "get bizy"

Caliluv213

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2019, 02:04:56 PM »
Kurupt needs to lay off them drugs

Itz rarely destroy him wat now?