Author Topic: Doggystyle - Leftover Tracks, Studio Sessions & Songs you would add  (Read 2724 times)

WestSideDon

Re: Doggystyle - Leftover Tracks, Studio Sessions & Songs you would add
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 04:55:53 PM »
Poor Young Dave was a MWTC era song I believe

Recorded on March 30, 1993 tho (if I remember correctly).

Hey Mietek, u got the recording dates for everything released at that time?

Yeah that would be great  8)
So "Poor Young Dave" was actually intended for Doggystyle ?

PS:
Taking "Lodi Dodi" off the album  ::) ::)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 06:23:19 AM »
yeah taking anything off of Doggystyle would be wrong...I would just add on these tracks to make the album a little longer

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 12:50:03 PM »
a member of this forum (bigjake), once claimed to have had a super rare copy of doggystyle that he bought off ebay which included tha next episode og in cdq. he said the actual cd was red instead of blue....he was obviously bullshittin (still duno if he was trollin or just got caught up in a fucked up lie lol), but peeps were sincerely houndin him about that for years.

ahh the good ole days...he said his computer was too shitty and that he didn't have a cd drive, but posted on this forum all the time.  The last time I remember him talking about it, he would trade the cd for a 1964 chevy impala...no joke man
Did the guy at least live in the US?  Or was he an overseas wigger
lmao...glad some1 else remembers that

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 02:58:27 PM »
a member of this forum (bigjake), once claimed to have had a super rare copy of doggystyle that he bought off ebay which included tha next episode og in cdq. he said the actual cd was red instead of blue....he was obviously bullshittin (still duno if he was trollin or just got caught up in a fucked up lie lol), but peeps were sincerely houndin him about that for years.

ahh the good ole days...he said his computer was too shitty and that he didn't have a cd drive, but posted on this forum all the time.  The last time I remember him talking about it, he would trade the cd for a 1964 chevy impala...no joke man
Did the guy at least live in the US?  Or was he an overseas wigger

lol Naah he was from Bakersfield .. good dude

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 04:16:15 PM »
I think once you start making shit up like that, you are automatically out of the "good dude" category.

I remember back in the day on another forum, some guy was saying something similar about having had a special version of Bizzy Bone's Heaven'z Movie that had Confessions on it (back when the only rip available was a crap cassette quality one) and saying that there were some different markings (like a small black widow silhouette somewhere in the corner of one of the pages).

Will_B

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2014, 12:01:02 AM »
I think once you start making shit up like that, you are automatically out of the "good dude" category.

I remember back in the day on another forum, some guy was saying something similar about having had a special version of Bizzy Bone's Heaven'z Movie that had Confessions on it (back when the only rip available was a crap cassette quality one) and saying that there were some different markings (like a small black widow silhouette somewhere in the corner of one of the pages).

Lol

WestSideDon

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2014, 09:40:54 AM »
So anyone here knows of any more songs from the ds sessions or leaked songs from back then that we forgot ?

Mr. Theo

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 10:09:16 AM »

lmao .. and this was before trolling even existed

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 05:05:58 PM »

lmao .. and this was before trolling even existed

i actually have a legit "defective" CD but it's the opposite, my Gang Related disc 2 is missing a song on it (the BGOTI track).

WestSideDon

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2014, 04:52:18 AM »
2 more questions:
What do y'all think of "Every Single Day" beeing on the album ?
And do y'all know that unreleased track "Itz On" by Snoop & rage ?

Will_B

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2014, 05:29:41 AM »
Every single day was originally recorded during the cronic sessions, and intended as the first Dogg Pound single (before snoops solo career was thought up)

WestSideDon

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2014, 05:38:20 AM »
Ok you got a source for that ? Because I always hear that it's a Doggystyle song originally...
Although it could make sense since Daz produced it (I think) and not dre...

Will_B

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2014, 05:51:41 AM »
Ok you got a source for that ? Because I always hear that it's a Doggystyle song originally...
Although it could make sense since Daz produced it (I think) and not dre...

There's an radio interview with Colby Colb from 93/94 where he talks about it. I couldn't find you a link but I think I've got the audio somewhere

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2014, 10:38:11 AM »
i remember that interview

funny how bootlegs were nation wide (cali to philly) without the help of the interwebz in '94