Author Topic: Doggystyle - Leftover Tracks, Studio Sessions & Songs you would add  (Read 2726 times)

WestSideDon

So I already made a topic bout the leftover tracks for Snoops groundbreaking debut album, but while browsin through some old threads here I read some discussions bout certain songs on it, and "Next Episode" & "Doggystyle" beeing perfect ending songs for the album if they had made it on the final version, aswell as some talking bout certain songs that couldve been placed differently on the album by some users. So I though I'd make this thread. Here you can discuss which songs are leftovers, share some studio sessions from that time (if you got acess to any), and talk about songs you wouldve added, songs which you wouldve placed on a different position and also tracklists with the tracks you would have added...

To start it off, here are some songs that are leftovers/songs that were considered for the album:

-"Tha Next Episode" feat. Dr Dre
-"Gz Up Hoez Down"
-"Doggystyle" feat. George Clinton & Jewell
-"Every Single Day" feat. Kurupt & Nate Dogg
-"The Root Of All Evil Outro" feat. Teena Marie

Some more tracks:

-"Eat A Dicc" (later transformed into Serial Killa & Doggy Dogg World)
-"Fallin Asleep On Death Row" (Although its just a freestyle from that time I think)
-"Nigga Named Dave" (Not sure though)
-"Smoke On"
-"Playin 4 Keeps"
-"Itz On"

Feel free to discuss
 8)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:05:25 AM by WestSideDon »

aerroc

Re: Doggystyle - Leftover Tracks, Studio Sessions & Songs you would add
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 11:19:47 AM »

WestSideDon

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 12:28:17 PM »

nobody forces you to join the discussion  8)
BTW:
Aren't you that guy obsessed with hating on 50 Cent lmao

Tha Crip

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 02:44:06 PM »
If only we could get a decent version of Next Episode we could finally make a full sounding album out of Doggystyle, I dont even care that the Dre tracks Wideawake put out didnt sound the best, I would still include em. Also Smoke On sounds like it would be a good closing track (from the clean Chronic cd) its just Snoop on it anyways  8)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 03:40:43 PM »
Poor Young Dave was a MWTC era song I believe

aerroc

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 02:22:18 AM »

nobody forces you to join the discussion  8)
BTW:
Aren't you that guy obsessed with hating on 50 Cent lmao

people these dayz confuse words with others just cause 50 sucks im hating lol

WestSideDon

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 01:28:00 PM »
If only we could get a decent version of Next Episode we could finally make a full sounding album out of Doggystyle, I dont even care that the Dre tracks Wideawake put out didnt sound the best, I would still include em. Also Smoke On sounds like it would be a good closing track (from the clean Chronic cd) its just Snoop on it anyways  8)

Yeah Next Episode CDQ would be fucking awesome, but chances are very low we're ever gonna get it...
As for the dre tracks by WideAwake: I wouldn't include all of em, songs like Eat A Dicc (just an early version of what later became 2 seperate songs) wouldn't really fit.
And that "Smoke On" track is a song that was about to be included on "The Chronic" I think, it was also on the "Chronic Re-Lit" as a bonus track from the chronic sessions...

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 06:21:37 PM »
a member of this forum (bigjake), once claimed to have had a super rare copy of doggystyle that he bought off ebay which included tha next episode og in cdq. he said the actual cd was red instead of blue....he was obviously bullshittin (still duno if he was trollin or just got caught up in a fucked up lie lol), but peeps were sincerely houndin him about that for years.

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 07:22:09 PM »
a member of this forum (bigjake), once claimed to have had a super rare copy of doggystyle that he bought off ebay which included tha next episode og in cdq. he said the actual cd was red instead of blue....he was obviously bullshittin (still duno if he was trollin or just got caught up in a fucked up lie lol), but peeps were sincerely houndin him about that for years.

ahh the good ole days...he said his computer was too shitty and that he didn't have a cd drive, but posted on this forum all the time.  The last time I remember him talking about it, he would trade the cd for a 1964 chevy impala...no joke man

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 07:45:41 PM »

ahh the good ole days...he said his computer was too shitty and that he didn't have a cd drive, but posted on this forum all the time.  The last time I remember him talking about it, he would trade the cd for a 1964 chevy impala...no joke man

lmao...glad some1 else remembers that

dnjp4life

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 04:14:00 AM »
It's hard to criticise the album because it's damn near perfect to listen to...but if I had to change anything, I would keep 'G'z Up' on there (of course, this was intended before Death Row were forced to remove it), and maybe take off 'Lodi Dodi' and put 'Smoke On' on the tracklist somewhere.  I've never been a huge fan of that track, but I do still listen to it when I jam the album.

I never really cared too much for the other tracks - some of them are leftovers for the reason that they are clearly inferior and aren't proper, full songs.  Even now listening to the track 'Doggystyle' I don't think it would have added to the album in any way, and (gasp) 'The Next Episode' isn't a favourite of mine either, but that maybe because we haven't heard it in better quality yet.

On a side note, the album is ripe for a reissue with a second disc of all the leftover material, but I doubt that will ever happen.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 05:08:18 AM by dnjp4life »

Mietek23

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 04:56:14 AM »

Recorded on March 30, 1993 tho (if I remember correctly).

Will_B

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 06:29:26 AM »

Recorded on March 30, 1993 tho (if I remember correctly).

Hey Mietek, u got the recording dates for everything released at that time?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 09:45:32 AM »

lmao...glad some1 else remembers that

yeah I remember him...Big Jake Doggy Dogg...I have to admit I fell for it :laugh:

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 12:18:01 PM »