Author Topic: Doggystyle - Leftover Tracks, Studio Sessions & Songs you would add  (Read 2725 times)

WestSideDon

Re: Doggystyle - Leftover Tracks, Studio Sessions & Songs you would add
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2015, 06:01:00 AM »
Found another old dr song, it's "Playin 4 keeps" with the convicts...
Don't know if thats a song for ds could also be made during the chronic sessions but there have been talks about it beeing a ds song although theres no real proof for that.
Anyone here know about that song ?

bouli77

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2015, 06:34:37 AM »
Found another old dr song, it's "Playin 4 keeps" with the convicts...
Don't know if thats a song for ds could also be made during the chronic sessions but there have been talks about it beeing a ds song although theres no real proof for that.
Anyone here know about that song ?

produced by Warren G, the Convicts were signed on Death Row, and Suge was trying to get The Geto Boys as well (that's why you can hear Bushwick Bill on the Chronic, and RBX on the Diary).

it's from the Chronic record sessions, classic song, Snoop dropped a great verse  8)

WestSideDon

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2015, 09:36:55 AM »
Whoa never knew bout suge wanting to sign the geto boys....

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2015, 02:51:04 AM »
Why do you keep trying to do albums that I've already re-done?  This album in particular I did a few years ago.

You're a poor man's version of me lol. 

You're deliberately side-stepping me and you're asking all of the wrong people for info.

I got USB's bob, this lane has already been staked out.  Thanks for boosting my profile

WestSideDon

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2015, 07:47:30 AM »
Why do you keep trying to do albums that I've already re-done?  This album in particular I did a few years ago.

You're a poor man's version of me lol. 

You're deliberately side-stepping me and you're asking all of the wrong people for info.

I got USB's bob, this lane has already been staked out.  Thanks for boosting my profile

::) ok
Btt:

That playin 4 keeps track is ill  8)
Has it ever leaked in decent quality ?

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2015, 07:59:17 AM »
Just pay homage is all I ask.  You're obviously asking all of these questions for a reason and it's very clear who and where you got it from.

And don't think you're about to lie in front of these people (let alone to Me) like this is something that you came up with or have been doin for years

BONeZ

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2015, 05:14:53 PM »
what i find interseting bout doggystyle - beside it being the first rap album i ever listened to and memorised after going to the music store and listentin to it on the instore stereo like 100 times or something.....
is that snoop was quoted as sayin he has never actually listened to it from start to finish.....
odd.....

WestSideDon

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2015, 02:58:14 AM »
what i find interseting bout doggystyle - beside it being the first rap album i ever listened to and memorised after going to the music store and listentin to it on the instore stereo like 100 times or something.....
is that snoop was quoted as sayin he has never actually listened to it from start to finish.....
odd.....

Yeah that was in an interview i remember that. Seems odd indeed, but you dont have to understand everything a musician does  ;D

BTW:

http://thedeathrowrecords.blogspot.de/2014/04/daz-dillinger-retaliation-revenge-get.html

Anyone peeped this ? It says there is an unreleased doggystyle session beat on it...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:03:12 AM by WestSideDon »

WestSideDon

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2015, 07:25:38 AM »
odd.....

Yeah that was in an interview i remember that. Seems odd indeed, but you dont have to understand everything a musician does  ;D

BTW:

http://thedeathrowrecords.blogspot.de/2014/04/daz-dillinger-retaliation-revenge-get.html

Anyone peeped this ? It says there is an unreleased doggystyle session beat on it...

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2015, 07:23:57 AM »
Yeah I heard it, more of an up tempo type beat.  Didn't seem to fit the Doggystyle theme at all.  Of course who knows if this was meant for Doggystyle or not, it was just an instrumental, could've been done by anyone. 

WestSideDon

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2015, 07:41:42 AM »
Yeah I heard it, more of an up tempo type beat.  Didn't seem to fit the Doggystyle theme at all.  Of course who knows if this was meant for Doggystyle or not, it was just an instrumental, could've been done by anyone. 

Seems to be done by Daz, would have loved to hear this beat used on a project since it sounded pretty dope  8)

WestSideDon

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2015, 07:09:36 AM »
Always wanted to ask y'all a question:

What y'all think about "For All My Niggaz & Bitchez" beein on this album ?
I always thought while the song itself is dope as fuck it wouldve been better used by Daz & Kurupt on their album. It was common for dr albums to feature tracks where the main artists were just doing hook duties or not appearing at all and acting more as plattforms to present the other artists (like Stranded On Death Row & Lyrical Gangbang on The Chronic, The G-Funk Intro on Doggystyle), so what y'all think ? Wouldve also been cool to have a verse by Snoop on the G-Funk Intro besides Rages awesome part but just imagining  ;D

WestSideDon

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2015, 09:44:30 AM »
Always wanted to ask y'all a question:

What y'all think about "For All My Niggaz & Bitchez" beein on this album ?
I always thought while the song itself is dope as fuck it wouldve been better used by Daz & Kurupt on their album. It was common for dr albums to feature tracks where the main artists were just doing hook duties or not appearing at all and acting more as plattforms to present the other artists (like Stranded On Death Row & Lyrical Gangbang on The Chronic, The G-Funk Intro on Doggystyle), so what y'all think ? Wouldve also been cool to have a verse by Snoop on the G-Funk Intro besides Rages awesome part but just imagining  ;D

Sccit

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2015, 02:38:54 PM »
^are u really lookin for an answer on that?

the album is perfect as is