Author Topic: Was Eminem trolling us when he made Relapse?  (Read 1195 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Was Eminem trolling us when he made Relapse?
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2014, 12:32:20 AM »
for Pac i'd go with Smile

those 2 verses are incredibly...incredible.  and Nas has to be NY State of Mind.  He's even doing commercials with that beat now.

It's not your personal opinion... My favorite 2pac song is probably "Me and My Girlfriend" and fav Nas song is "Dance" but I'm not going to say that's his magnum opus, because that just happens to have sentimental meaning for me and I like it more than most people.

When you are thinking about what track is an artists--Magnum Opus--you have to think, "What song will this artist be remembered for 100 years from now, 500 years from now, 1,000 years from now...what is their Mona Lisa?"   And clearly for Pac people it is not going to be "Smile".  It will be "Dear Mama".
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2014, 12:37:47 AM »
Y'all niggas gotta stop lmao. Nothing Eminem has done recently is relatively close to his career before 2003. Just stop trolling.

I never said that, learn how to read.  I said of the "SECOND HALF" of Eminem's career.  Anything after 8 Mile or after 2003 is outside of Eminem's prime and clearly second rate.  I called "Guts Over Fear" the magnum opus of the SECOND HALF OF HIS CAREER.  Learn how to read.

I can't believe you're cumming over a song where his flow is choppy as fuck with the worst hook I've ever heard Sia sing and the subject matter of "I'm recycling song topics because I have nothing left to say". But have the balls to mention all the greatest songs by the greatest artists ever in the same thread.

So now your arrogant ass thinks you can tell Eminem how he is supposed to flow over a track?  ...the subject matter is true, what else can he rap about that he hasn't rapped about before?  It's true, after 8 Mile Em had already done all he could do in the hip-hop game.  He's a success story now and can no longer draw from his anger and struggles like he could in the first half of his career.  He had to change his style.  But like he says, "It's better to make a Not Afraid 2 then another We Made You"!  That line is perfect!!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 12:39:18 AM by Infinite African Westcoastin 2014 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

HighEyeCue

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2014, 06:07:43 AM »
I don't know. I think Beautiful was one of his best post Em Show tracks, and if he raped just a bit more naturally, rather than force a melodic flow it may have fit well on any of his best albums.

Beautiful was a dope track produced by Jeff Bass...your right it would have fit better if it were not on Relapse

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2014, 06:42:44 AM »
I don't know. I think Beautiful was one of his best post Em Show tracks, and if he raped just a bit more naturally, rather than force a melodic flow it may have fit well on any of his best albums.

Beautiful was a dope track produced by Jeff Bass...your right it would have fit better if it were not on Relapse

That's because that was actually the last song Eminem ever did with the Bass Brothers.  That song was the oldest song on Relapse.  It was recorded before Eminem decided to start using an East European accent and start trolling us.

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2014, 12:53:47 PM »
rap god is eminem's 2nd half "magnum opus"
Kurupt  "New York, New York"

Tha Dogg Pound Feat. Snoop Doggy Dogg**

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2014, 01:27:26 PM »
Y'all niggas gotta stop lmao. Nothing Eminem has done recently is relatively close to his career before 2003. Just stop trolling.

I never said that, learn how to read.  I said of the "SECOND HALF" of Eminem's career.  Anything after 8 Mile or after 2003 is outside of Eminem's prime and clearly second rate.  I called "Guts Over Fear" the magnum opus of the SECOND HALF OF HIS CAREER.  Learn how to read.

I can read just fine. You're calling "Guts Over Fear" the song we'll remember him by from pretty much Encore until now. That's the hardest troll post you've made in a while & you troll daily.

"Guts Over Fear" wasn't even the best song on that shitty ass Shady XV compilation.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2014, 07:04:38 AM »
its hard to find a memorable track from Em lately...his best known is probably "Love The Way You Lie" :-[

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2014, 07:29:55 AM »

I can read just fine. You're calling "Guts Over Fear" the song we'll remember him by from pretty much Encore until now. That's the hardest troll post you've made in a while & you troll daily.

"Guts Over Fear" wasn't even the best song on that shitty ass Shady XV compilation.

It's certainly debatable, I mean possibly "Love the Way You Lie" (although I don't think you can consider "Love The Way You Lie" a magnum opus because Rihanna blew up that song more than Em did) or "Rap God" may end up being the song he's most remembered for in the second half of his career.  But in case you haven't noticed, "Guts Over Fear" has blown up and for a compilation in this digital era, the Shady compilation is selling well and that is the video/single that has propelled it.

...and aren't you the same idiot that predicted MMLP2 would be wack and that the album would be a failure upon hearing "Bezerk"?  Like I always say Chammy, you are no different then the other insecure white boys who called Eminem a one hit wonder/Vanilla Ice and so on when he came out with his supposedly "poppy" single "My Name Is".
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 07:31:36 AM by Infinite African Westcoastin 2014 »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2014, 07:33:26 AM »

now you are splitting hairs and being pedantic... Imagine this statement 50 years from now.  "Daz's greatest song was New York, New York".  Makes no sense, Daz didn't produce it and he doesn't spit on the track.

Daz doesn't really have a magnum opus, to tell you the truth.  I guess "What Would You Do" would be the closest thing to a magnum opus for Daz.   And Dogg Pound doesn't really have a magnum opus as a group maybe "Niggaz and Bitches" or "What Would You Do"

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2014, 08:59:35 AM »

now you are splitting hairs and being pedantic... Imagine this statement 50 years from now.  "Daz's greatest song was New York, New York".  Makes no sense, Daz didn't produce it and he doesn't spit on the track.

Daz doesn't really have a magnum opus, to tell you the truth.  I guess "What Would You Do" would be the closest thing to a magnum opus for Daz.   And Dogg Pound doesn't really have a magnum opus as a group maybe "Niggaz and Bitches" or "What Would You Do"

Lets play house.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2014, 06:39:11 PM »

That's because that was actually the last song Eminem ever did with the Bass Brothers.  That song was the oldest song on Relapse.  It was recorded before Eminem decided to start using an East European accent and start trolling us.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that.

And as for 2nd half magnum opus, Love The Way You Lie will definitely be remembered the most, but it will be remembered as a duet.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2014, 01:50:38 PM »

It's certainly debatable, I mean possibly "Love the Way You Lie" (although I don't think you can consider "Love The Way You Lie" a magnum opus because Rihanna blew up that song more than Em did) or "Rap God" may end up being the song he's most remembered for in the second half of his career.  But in case you haven't noticed, "Guts Over Fear" has blown up and for a compilation in this digital era, the Shady compilation is selling well and that is the video/single that has propelled it.

...and aren't you the same idiot that predicted MMLP2 would be wack and that the album would be a failure upon hearing "Bezerk"?  Like I always say Chammy, you are no different then the other insecure white boys who called Eminem a one hit wonder/Vanilla Ice and so on when he came out with his supposedly "poppy" single "My Name Is".

You said this album would be bigger than the first or sell more or some idiotic thing. And I mean that's already 100% false. Then beyond that when his career is over and we look back we'll clearly see that MMLP was one trillion miles ahead of MMLP2 in every single facet.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2014, 05:41:21 PM »
MMLP2 had very little replay value...even that "Rap God" track is overrated IMO, Em just spitting a whole lot of nothing...dude is all flow these days :(

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2014, 07:16:45 PM »
i liked mmlp2 when it came out, but i agree, the replay value is low......still a good album

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2014, 07:49:07 AM »
I didn't know that 'beautiful' was an older track when it was released. His flow sounded very much 2008/2009 without the accent which made it a highlight on a rather underwhelming album. To this day, I thought Em did his best work when writing with the Bass Brothers. Add in a few Dr tracks and that's what made his first few albums so special. Bass Brothers brought out something in him most other producers haven't been able to tap into (other than Dre), and I think it's a comfort thing. He really should try to link back up with them.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :