Author Topic: MC Ren - Burn Radio Burn (prod. E-A-Ski)  (Read 1827 times)

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: MC Ren - Burn Radio Burn (prod. E-A-Ski)
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2015, 12:30:26 PM »
+1...the only thing I can think of is that hip hop fans are mostly younger than rock fans so maybe it isn't "cool" to listen to older artists...

It ain't "cool" to listen to older artists only here @ Dubcc - I don't know any East Coast fan having a problem listening to new Mobb Deep record next to Joey Badass, do you?

Aside from one idiot who criticizes everyone and everything on this forum, I really don't get it why some of y'all going balistic over the fact O.G.'s still making bumpable shit in 2014 and people like it ???

I think these fags are stuck in the past themselves. I'll say it agin: These fags are stuck in the past themselves. Anyone who been on a forum for a decade is gonna be sick of the stuff they used to like, the same convo over and over, same artists and albums etc.

So they hate on NEW fans for being the person they USED to be THEMSELVES, like they've grown. In actual fact they're still here. And if they're not listening to new artists and constantly telling people they are (blah blah we get that lol) to justify their own insecurities...they're trolling people here and not even listening to music much.

whoa i never thought id agree with will but hes right. this is what ive been trying to say. ive been on dubcc for close to 10 years and i have grown out of this and expanded my taste in music and hip hop. im not stuck in the same thing. listening to this old same stuff gets boring and repetitive. i crave new, something fresh and theres plenty out there. quit being so narrow minded and start being open minded about things.

Matty

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2015, 12:43:50 PM »
what is it with dubcc and meta-commentary on others peoples music tastes all the time? it comes across as terribly insecure and petty whenever someone is doing it, as if they have nothing better to do. this thread is a prime example.

aerroc

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2015, 01:16:45 PM »
+1...the only thing I can think of is that hip hop fans are mostly younger than rock fans so maybe it isn't "cool" to listen to older artists...

It ain't "cool" to listen to older artists only here @ Dubcc - I don't know any East Coast fan having a problem listening to new Mobb Deep record next to Joey Badass, do you?

Aside from one idiot who criticizes everyone and everything on this forum, I really don't get it why some of y'all going balistic over the fact O.G.'s still making bumpable shit in 2014 and people like it ???

lol who the fuck listens to mobb deep in the east coast today anyway that shows you dont know what the fuck ur talking bout just because what ever irrelevant place ur from listens to that doesn't mean people do here

Sccit

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2015, 01:38:33 PM »

lol who the fuck listens to mobb deep in the east coast today anyway that shows you dont know what the fuck ur talking bout just because what ever irrelevant place ur from listens to that doesn't mean people do here

whats wrong with new mobb deep?

Sccit

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2015, 01:41:36 PM »

I think these fags are stuck in the past themselves. I'll say it agin: These fags are stuck in the past themselves. Anyone who been on a forum for a decade is gonna be sick of the stuff they used to like, the same convo over and over, same artists and albums etc.

So they hate on NEW fans for being the person they USED to be THEMSELVES, like they've grown. In actual fact they're still here. And if they're not listening to new artists and constantly telling people they are (blah blah we get that lol) to justify their own insecurities...they're trolling people here and not even listening to music much.

whoa i never thought id agree with will but hes right. this is what ive been trying to say. ive been on dubcc for close to 10 years and i have grown out of this and expanded my taste in music and hip hop. im not stuck in the same thing. listening to this old same stuff gets boring and repetitive. i crave new, something fresh and theres plenty out there. quit being so narrow minded and start being open minded about things.

i think u and will are sayin 2 different things, brodie....will is sayin that the cats who hate on old school artists makin new music are really just hatin on themselves in retrospect, because they probably see flashes of themselves within em. otherwise, they wouldnt be postin here. u make good points, blunt tyme, but my ficca correa be takin it too far.

aerroc

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2015, 01:51:28 PM »

[/quote]

Will_B

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2015, 02:35:48 PM »
Over their heads like a bulimic on a seesaw

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2015, 03:50:07 PM »
I swear to God, I will never understand some of y'all... WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT ARTIST AGE ???

If an artists in their 40's are still capable of making good music in this period of time, it just shows you the longevity some of these 90's rappers got, still putting out bumpable shit in 2014 - yet, instead of applauding them, y'all go on tirade about how "old and washed up" they are smfh...

Can you imagine rock n roll fans going balistic @ Rolling Stones for still lasting on the scene 40 years after their peak ??? The Rock N Roll fans DON'T GIVE A FUCK if Mick Jagger is 70 fuckin' years old! If he's putting out good music - that's all it matters to them.

Why can't some of you get the same mindset is just beyond me... ::)

GOOD MUSIC IS GOOD MUSIC - REGARDLESS IF IT WAS MADE IN 2014 OR 1994, IF IT'S G-FUNK OR NEW WEST.

Stop the bullshit and just enjoy it for fucks sake... and don't feed some of these trolls here bitching all the time.
Rolling STones comparison is not good at all on so many level but I agree that people should stop bitching and enjoy music. Old or New.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2015, 03:51:58 PM »
You have to be a moron to expect MC Ren to "evolve" to today's sound lol. You are who you are and you do what made you great. Times change and so will music. That's the way it goes. Who the fuck would even want MC Ren to sound like today's music? That wouldn't even be The Villain.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2015, 03:56:41 PM »

What you need to do is respect people's opinion and taste. If you like everything you hear today because you're "open minded" then go for it. You fucking swear the content has changed dramatically lol. People rap about so much new shit huh? Bitches, Money and Cars right? Things have changed so much smh.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 03:58:57 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »

Sccit

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2015, 04:01:42 PM »
You have to be a moron to expect MC Ren to "evolve" to today's sound lol. You are who you are and you do what made you great. Times change and so will music. That's the way it goes. Who the fuck would even want MC Ren to sound like today's music? That wouldn't even be The Villain.

yup......spice 1 did a single to keep up with todays sound and look what happened:

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2015, 04:16:38 PM »

yup......spice 1 did a single to keep up with todays sound and look what happened:

Exactly my point. The majority of the old school haven't and aren't going to "evolve". Wu-Tang will still be the same. Mobb Deep will be the same. Even Dr. Dre hasn't changed much. Cube has still been the same independently and still sounds dope.  You can pick any side (East,West, South) from the 90's and I guarantee you 95% of those fools still remain the same because that's WHO THEY ARE. Only a select few guy can continue to evolve. You can count on them with one hand. Someone like Snoop has had success but he's a rarity and a lot of his sht sounds wack anyway. Just like you gain new fans you lose others. Shit changes and when it comes to music, you sometimes need to accept it and move on. You either stay and do what you do or retire. And if you're a rarity, you can "evolve".

Sccit

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2015, 04:20:00 PM »

Exactly my point. The majority of the old school haven't and aren't going to "evolve". Wu-Tang will still be the same. Mobb Deep will be the same. Even Dr. Dre hasn't changed much. Cube has still been the same independently and still sounds dope.  You can pick any side (East,West, South) from the 90's and I guarantee you 95% of those fools still remain the same because that's WHO THEY ARE. Only a select few guy can continue to evolve. You can count on them with one hand. Someone like Snoop has had success but he's a rarity and a lot of his sht sounds wack anyway. Just like you gain new fans you lose others. Shit changes and when it comes to music, you sometimes need to accept it and move on. You either stay and do what you do or retire. And if you're a rarity, you can "evolve".

we saw what happened when dre tried to change....mr prescripton and chillin

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2015, 04:26:08 PM »

we saw what happened when dre tried to change....mr prescripton and chillin
Only way Dre will change is by him giving a more modern sound to Kendrick as a solo artist but no way can I see Dre doing something crazy on his own album. He wont even do something dramatic with Kendrick. He'll still keep it more Hip Hop, before he goes Pop.

Mietek23

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2015, 06:58:43 AM »
ive been on dubcc for close to 10 years and i have grown out of this and expanded my taste in music and hip hop. im not stuck in the same thing. listening to this old same stuff gets boring and repetitive. i crave new, something fresh and theres plenty out there. quit being so narrow minded and start being open minded about things.

I understand that and I respect your point of view but everybody has a different opinion and taste of music bro. I've been listening to West Coast rap since late 96 and still after all these years been simply enjoying it - no matter if it's old cats od new, if it's g-funk, gangsta rap, new west or newschool, however you want to call it. Like I said before - good music is good music, regardless when and by who it was made. If people 15 to 20 years past their prime and success are still making bumpable shit, I salute them and I don't have a problem with it.

Dubcc is a weird place to be - when an O.G. west coast artist is making an attempt to switch up with the times and create some modern day music, 90% of the comments be like "this is trash - he should just stick to making shit he's been known for, etc.". When he gives you that glimpse from the past on his new single, y'all be on his head again saying "shit is outdated, i wanna hear some new stuff bla bla bla" - either y'all make up your mind what y'all want to hear or just try to enjoy both.

Y'all been too focused of what's new and what's not or how old someone is, which is complete bullshit - can you imagine someone calling out Paul McCartney saying he "old and washed up" and should retired after The Beatles ??? Aside from DubCNN forum that is. That's why I don't know anyone - excluding dudes over here, who is more worried about artist age or record sales, than what's coming out those speakers.

I listen to all kinds of music - new and old, g-funk and newschool. If the track is dope - that's it, that's what matters to me. I don't give a fuck about age, sales, YouTube views, popularity and so on. That's being open minded and I suggest some of y'all to do the same. It's just music for fucks sake ::)

whats wrong with new mobb deep?

Aside from being "old and washed up"? I think nothing - seriously tho, can't you see only one retard on dubcc always has a problem with everything here? Don't expect a normal answer to your question from that clown, cause you won't get one.

Shut the fuck up your pathetic piece of shit - the only one irrelevant here is your sorry ass dickhead. There's plenty of people listening to old rappers is US, that's why they are still sellling some records over there. Stop sounding like a complete retard and get the fuck outta here with your bullshit ass posts.