Author Topic: RZA on Wu-Tang Clan: "The chemistry's not all that good"  (Read 1175 times)

Sccit

RZA on Wu-Tang Clan: "The chemistry's not all that good"
« on: December 30, 2014, 02:02:16 PM »
Following the release of Wu-Tang Clan’s A Better Tomorrow album this month, frontman RZA spoke with NME to discuss the much-publicized opposition he faced from various Wu members during the making of the project.

“I'll level with you, the chemistry's not all that good right now," RZA says. "We've all done this long enough to know this process isn't just like, you make an album, then that's that. It's like a presidential campaign. You don't just make the policies then sit back. You create your platform, then you gotta take it to out to the people…It's like there's an energy in the group that stops people enjoying their own success. They gotta sabotage it."

Later in the conversation, RZA likened the album to a child that’s born “with one arm,” saying, “You gonna love that child, make the best out of that situation and help it have the best life it can."

RZA also spoke on the purpose of the newly released album.

"The goal was always to change hearts and touch souls, man,” RZA says. “It's like that from the minute you get it in your hands, from the cover. That's an imagined city where everyone's culture is respected. We got the Eiffel Tower. The Hollywood Hills. We got you guys' wheel. It hit me that I thought the world had got better. But really, it had just got better for me, not for others.”

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.31863/title.rza-discusses-current-state-of-wu-tang-clan

Hack Wilson - real

Re: RZA on Wu-Tang Clan: "The chemistry's not all that good"
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 02:11:48 PM »
no surprise here

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 02:20:04 PM »
WHEN U HAVE THAT MANY CATS IN ON ONE PROJECT, EGOS ARE BOUND TO CLASH LEFT N RIGHT......STILL, THE ALBUM CAME OUT DOPE.

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 12:48:21 PM »
I remember hearing the same stuff around when 8 Diagrams was coming out, can't say it's surprising. Still gotta check the album though.

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 01:21:21 PM »
WHEN U HAVE THAT MANY CATS IN ON ONE PROJECT, EGOS ARE BOUND TO CLASH LEFT N RIGHT......STILL, THE ALBUM CAME OUT DOPE.

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 05:15:46 PM »
Listening to this a few years later I have to say I appreciate it more. There’s some filler in there and I’m not feeling the whiny r&b like singing that’s plagued the album. Funny RZA was clowning rappers for being too R&b back on Wu Tang Forever.

Tracks like Pioneers of the Frontier and Necklace are classic Wu tracks. Rae and ghostface are kinda hoes for not being colllaborative but RZA also doesn’t have the same edge he had on the boards back in the 90s so you can’t be too mad at them. As usual Method Man outshines everyone.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 05:46:10 PM »
i still havent gotten around to it, how does it compare to their last album "a better tomorrow", i liked that 1

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 05:46:58 PM »
^shit, didnt realize this thread was about that album lol

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 05:56:35 PM »
Sccit what are your favorite tracks from this album?

Blood$

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 12:47:19 PM »
i still havent gotten around to it, how does it compare to their last album "a better tomorrow", i liked that 1

that joint was way better than their newest

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 03:51:32 PM »
Sccit what are your favorite tracks from this album?

Gota look back, I havent listened since it came out .. I remember the 1st track was classic and that Disney sounding joint was the most memorable