Author Topic: RANK THE MEMBERS OF WU-TANG FROM BEST TO WORST  (Read 2010 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: RANK THE MEMBERS OF WU-TANG FROM BEST TO WORST
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2015, 07:06:08 PM »
Rage needed to drop when Afro Puffs was still buzzing

no doubt.. that was her only chance.. even white girls at my school were into the "Afro Puffs" joint.  That was her 15 minutes of fame, and you got to strike while the iron is hot.   There was no way she was going to have a good album in 97' without Dre, and without all the Death Row artists surrounding her in their prime.  She was a good 2-3 years late.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2015, 08:55:43 PM »
^yup

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2015, 09:04:00 PM »
Rage needed to drop when Afro Puffs was still buzzing

no doubt.. that was her only chance.. even white girls at my school were into the "Afro Puffs" joint.  That was her 15 minutes of fame, and you got to strike while the iron is hot.   There was no way she was going to have a good album in 97' without Dre, and without all the Death Row artists surrounding her in their prime.  She was a good 2-3 years late.

i think they should have included one of the Afro Puffs remixes to her album even if the song was so old at that point.  I'm sure the album lost a few thousand sales from people who were borderline interested, took a look at the tracklist and said "nah" when they don't see Afro Puffs on there.  i know i did this with albums back in the day.

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2015, 09:09:40 PM »
yea havin a big single like that and not puttin it on an LP is pretty dense

Will_B

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2015, 06:34:17 AM »
Doggystyle = overrated
Dogg Food = respected
Necessary Roughness = underrated

Thats all I need say.

I appreciate your enthusiasm since Rage is a West Coast, Death Row artist.  But I thought her album was horrible.   Just the "G Funk Intro" off of Doggystyle shits on anything from the Rage album

Wow

And the idea that Doggystyle is a top 5 ALL TIME album ::)

You guys  :D

HighEyeCue

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2015, 08:36:05 AM »
I agree that Rage album was underrated, I liked it...It wasnt a typical Death Row album, half of the tracks were east coast producers Premier. Mo Bee etc...she also wiped the floor with Snoop and Daz on that one track

Blood$

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2015, 09:35:57 AM »
if Cappadonna and Killah Priest are being considered members then I wonder why nobody mentioned Redman lol in that case Redman bodies basically all of the Wu except for GZA, Rae, Ghost, and Meth

BIGWORM

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2015, 11:16:36 AM »
1-Raekwon
2-Ghostface
3-Gza
4-Method
5-Rza
6-ODB
7-Masta Killa
8-U-God
9-Deckn Inspecter (Inspecta deck)

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2015, 11:48:15 AM »
Doggystyle = overrated
Dogg Food = respected
Necessary Roughness = underrated

Thats all I need say.

I appreciate your enthusiasm since Rage is a West Coast, Death Row artist.  But I thought her album was horrible.   Just the "G Funk Intro" off of Doggystyle shits on anything from the Rage album

Wow

And the idea that Doggystyle is a top 5 ALL TIME album ::)

You guys  :D

there u go, infinite....did that answer ur question?

Sccit

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2015, 11:50:12 AM »
if Cappadonna and Killah Priest are being considered members then I wonder why nobody mentioned Redman lol in that case Redman bodies basically all of the Wu except for GZA, Rae, Ghost, and Meth

cap is an official member, brodie...did u even listen to the new album? he's on almost every track. red is nowhere to be found...any1, for the official list of member, check their wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu-Tang_Clan

red and priest are considered wu-affiliates

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2015, 02:06:05 PM »

vintage Redman is better than all of Wu in my opinion.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2015, 02:09:10 PM »

cap is an official member, brodie...did u even listen to the new album? he's on almost every track. red is nowhere to be found...any1, for the official list of member, check their wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu-Tang_Clan

red and priest are considered wu-affiliates

Priest will always be Wu Tang to me

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/11/killah-priest-doesnt-regret-missing-out-on-final-wu-tang-clan-spot/

guess he doesn't consider himself a member though.

for those who are too lazy to click the link this is the most important part:

You were going to be initially on “Da Mystery Of Chessboxin’?”
Of course! I fell asleep, man. It was me and Masta Killa writing and he jumped on it and he killed it. I was asleep. Me and him used to joke about it all the time.

RZA had the beat on and everybody else was already on it. [RZA] was like, “[This last verse] is up in the air for whoever wants to lace this.” We were like, “We gotta make this. We gotta make this.” I don’t know if it was the last song or whatever but we said we gotta make it. So [Masta Killa] and I are writing, friendly competition, and we are just listening, vibing out, a lot of weed is being passed around. I didn’t smoke at the time but we were just chillin’. Time is going on and going on and it was getting late. Everybody had practically already left but we were still in there and I just dozed off. I was still up a little bit and I just heard [Masta Killa] go on the mic and just kill it. “Homicide is legal…” I’m thinking that, “This ain’t nothing.” I’ll just catch it on another end or catch something else. It just happened that he sparked it off. He just spit it and afterwards, he bounced it and then we listened to it and we were like, “Yo! That shit is hard!” and that was the end of it. I think RZA didn’t want anybody else on that joint. That was it. You know, I made it on the Gravediggaz and then started my crew, Sunz Of Man. I tried to be entrepreneur in some ways like RZA and GZA and them.

Do you have regrets that if you had just stayed awake you might have been that ninth member of the Wu-Tang Clan?

Yeah, you know what? I don’t look back. It is the way it is. I don’t look back at it. There’s no regrets or whatever but it is what it is. I’m always here when I’m needed. I don’t look at it that way. I’m happier where I’m at right now.

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2015, 04:38:32 PM »
how would he be a member if he's not on any of the albums? and redman is on one song on the W....theyre just affiliates, and distant ones at that.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2015, 06:00:11 PM »
how would he be a member if he's not on any of the albums? and redman is on one song on the W....theyre just affiliates, and distant ones at that.

he was featured on a lot of classic old Wu stuff, even had a solo on GZA's first LP

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2015, 06:03:37 PM »

he was featured on a lot of classic old Wu stuff, even had a solo on GZA's first LP

yea but not on any of the group albums lol...come on, now